Steve Vai

hallchallc Posts: 200,303
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭✭
Has any one else listened to this guys music ? Just played a couple of tracks ,just now and he has may be got to be one of the best axeman in the world ever.........some his classical stuff is awsome

Comments

• maxsimaxsi Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is an amazing guitarist and one of my 14 year old son's guitar heroes. He has loads of his stuff but being an old person I cannot name any of it from memory. Some good stuff on You Tube which I have been made to watch
  • PuddleduckPuddleduck Posts: 1,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been following him for years - great guitarist.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember playing Passion & Warfare to death in the early 90's - ah that takes me back...... :)
    Must dig the CD out again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He also played on a magnificent Public Image Limited (PiL) called 'album'. If you like his playing, try and get that album, it is just fantastic. And without trying to go OT, it also features Ginger Baker on drums, Bill Laswell on bass, and Ryiuchi Sakamoto on keyboards!!!
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Ive got Vai Live At The Astoria DVD. Just amazing. Not just him but his entire band. Eyeopening stuff.
  • Weigh-ManWeigh-Man Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can also see him in the film Crossroads with Ralph Machio, they have a guitar duel towards the end of the film with Vai playing all the guitar parts.

He was also the guitarist for David Lee Roth on several of his albums
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weigh-Man wrote:
    You can also see him in the film Crossroads with Ralph Machio, they have a guitar duel towards the end of the film with Vai playing all the guitar parts.

He was also the guitarist for David Lee Roth on several of his albums

Great film, didn't Vai play the devil? Or a messenger for the devil, great music.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Weigh-Man wrote:
    ....... they have a guitar duel towards the end of the film with Vai playing all the guitar parts.

Ry Cooder played Ralph Macchio's guitar parts.
  • dwayneinhelldwayneinhell Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    This man can play a guitar, but shouldn't be allowed to write lyrics!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ry Cooder played Ralph Macchio's guitar parts.

I often thought, if Ralph was that good at miming playing the guitar, how come he couldn't play it that well himself :confused: Sorry, we're getting on to films now, instead of Vai.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have quite a few albums of Steve Vai on my iPod. Here is some useless information. He was trained by Joe Satriani (another guitar playing axeman and excellent at that).

The albums I have are:-
    The 7th Song
    Alien Love Secrets
    Alive In A Ultra World
    The Elusive Light And Sound Vol 1.
    Fire Garden
    Flex-Able Leftovers
    Passion And Warfare
    Real Illusions: Reflectioins
    Sex And Religion
    The Ultra Zone

All Highly recommended.