Options

Kerry Katona on 'This Morning'

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    vidalia wrote: »
    I understand what you are saying and agree to a certain extent. However I disagree that TPT was insulated from criticism - there was a huge amount of criticism of at the time for just the reasons you state with the same amount of being judgemental about people from wealthy backgrounds as you are accusing people of having against people from ordinary backgrounds. I think Kerry does have a lot of public support, far more than for TPT, as well as a lot who consider her a waste of space.

Where TPT benefited is that she had enough sensible people around her who cared for her welfare rather than her wealth and what she could do for them, as well as enough money to be able to go to rehab and come through it the other side. Kerry I fear is surrounded by people who only are thinking of the money she can make for them rather than really caring about her well being.

Well said!
  • Options
    teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It stinks that her husband is blaming Fern and Phil for their interview with KK, but he didn't care enough to prevent the interview in the frst place. It looks to me as though he was thinking about the dosh. When that runs out, no doubt the marriage will be over.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I very much doubt The Cabbie gives a damn.

He'll just be concerned about where the funds for his next motor are coming from.
  • Options
    Katia PolletinKatia Polletin Posts: 4,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tc7 wrote: »
    have you ever experienced anyone on Bi-Polar medication?!!

Unless Philip or Fern could smell alcohol then I am certain it was a side effect of strong medication.

Tc

Oh, yes.

Myself, a couple of relatives and a friend I still see today, I met in the QEPH - when I was in there for a few months.

I suffer from it myself. Hence I have been on ADs and sodium valporate for many years.
  • Options
    Tc7Tc7 Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, yes.

Myself, a couple of relatives and a friend I still see today, I met in the QEPH - when I was in there for a few months.

I suffer from it myself. Hence I have been on ADs and sodium valporate for many years.

so are you saying you've never seen a reaction like that?
    Tc
  • Options
    flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It stinks that her husband is blaming Fern and Phil for their interview with KK, but he didn't care enough to prevent the interview in the frst place. It looks to me as though he was thinking about the dosh. When that runs out, no doubt the marriage will be over.

KK is a complete mess and relies on her controlling husband too much.
  • Options
    teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know much about her husband, but from what I've read from other people's posts, he doesn't have her welfare at heart, which makes me think he is after KK's money. He certainly didn't care for her enough to prevent her doing the interview and shaming herself.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having watched more of the interview, I think they're lucky she didn't get up and walk off. Fern pretty much told her shes an alcoholic. Which may or may not be true, but I'm sure she didn't expect to be asked something like that on This Morning. Unless that is the norm for Phil and Fern? Do they always go digging into peoples weaknesses? Perhaps they do. I never watch the show.

She did seem very odd tho. Bouncing on the sofa and saying "yes" repeatedly at one point. She kept looking to Mark who must have been stood just off set because she asked him something.

It's worrying when you see someone only has one other person in their lives (Mark). Has any of the MTV show shown her with any other friends?
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here is another interview a year ago to compare:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEfRE5wv-b8
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/30002789/

The side effects of Kerrys medication are listed on there....

Shakiness, abnormal face and body movements, restlessness, uncontrollable movements of the tongue face and jaw, drowsiness, mood changes, insomnia (trouble sleeping).

Im not saying she wasnt drunk, but it could be that her medication was to blame ??

Why would anyone on heavy medication who suffers those kind of effects want to go on national daytime tv and talk about their tits? :confused:
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    I don't know much about her husband, but from what I've read from other people's posts, he doesn't have her welfare at heart, which makes me think he is after KK's money. He certainly didn't care for her enough to prevent her doing the interview and shaming herself.

I personally don't believe he is good for Kerry, and I don't think she can begin to recover as long as she is with him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she wasn't drunk, and it was just the meds affecting her speech, wouldn't she be aware of her slurring? When you're drunk and slurring you're not aware of it, and she wasn't aware of it.
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He's in it for the fishcakes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rugby Rose wrote: »
    Agreed, the content of her answers were perfectly coherent which I doubt would have been possible if she was drunk and that drunk, it's just the slurred speech and slow movements, including the droopy and slow eyelid movements.

If she was that coherent though, and thinking clearly, wouldn't she be aware of her slurring? She wasn't.
  • Options
    stevehotspurstevehotspur Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who is this person?
    why is she famous?
    My father has alzheimers, my wife has arthritis, many people have problems
    whats so special about this person
    i have a life
    i have no idea who she was married to
    or is now
    or how many kids she has or who by
    sorry if she has a hard life
    is she helping others
    why are the papers and tv stressing about this person
    genuinly who is she and why is she so important
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having watched more of the interview, I think they're lucky she didn't get up and walk off. Fern pretty much told her shes an alcoholic. Which may or may not be true, but I'm sure she didn't expect to be asked something like that on This Morning. Unless that is the norm for Phil and Fern? Do they always go digging into peoples weaknesses? Perhaps they do. I never watch the show.

She did seem very odd tho. Bouncing on the sofa and saying "yes" repeatedly at one point. She kept looking to Mark who must have been stood just off set because she asked him something.

It's worrying when you see someone only has one other person in their lives (Mark). Has any of the MTV show shown her with any other friends?
    That was the most shocking part of the interview when she kept doing that. People can google the meds she is on and list all the side effects to death, she would not be on that medication if it effected her that badly.
    It's not the first time she has slurred like that on telly, she also used to do something weird with her jaw..and this was while she was pregnant. She smoked and drank while pregnant too, she has major addiction issues and Fern and Phil were right to confront her.
    The worst part is whenever she appears 'out of it' like that her bi-polar meds are blamed ..it's the perfect excuse...or this time it was a sleeping tablet :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Katia PolletinKatia Polletin Posts: 4,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tc7 wrote: »
    so are you saying you've never seen a reaction like that?
    Tc

No, not seen a reaction like that.

Not during the time I was in hospital, not from my relatives and I can't say I have ever noticed myself being like that either, and I've been on various medication until we settled on one that seemed to help the most.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The half life for Chlorpromazine is 16 to 20 hours.
    That means it takes between 16 to 20 hours for the level of drug actually in the blood stream to reduce by half.

Side effects vary enormously in the way they affect different individuals and include very strong slurring of the speech in some people. She wouldn't have been aware of it because it's a major tranquilizer & will affect her self awareness.

Because of it's long half life & side effects it is often given at night in the hope that most of the affects will have worn off by morning. (This would particularly apply in the case of someone, like Kerry, who has a job to do in the daytime.) Clearly this has not happened in Kerry Katona's case and delayed medication has led to higher than normal blood levels in the morning.

Chlorpromazine is such a powerful tranquillizer many people would really not function very well if they were taking it.

Hope that clears things up a bit. :)