Options

Pobol Y Cwm (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    nymbusangelnymbusangel Posts: 2,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont know if I can watch this weeks, just seeing scenes from last nights was bad enough. Ok if you don't know the whole story then it looks dreadful but none of that lot are saints and if I was Macs parent Id have told him to stand his ground. Im really hoping Macs returns seeing him leave and look so upset was dreadful only highlight (Sderr I recommend you watch it to see gaynors face) was Rachel's put down of Gaynor. I can only see Macs returning in hospital or if Gaynor leaves and then I'd love if he got the job as head- which would be two fingers to everyone but then he might go all callous again rather than open up.
    I would like Rachel to stay around as she had potential and she would be an easy way to bring Macs back seeing as his family is so useless.
    Also if you were Sioned's family would you not have addressed the possibility that she infected him? That she shouldn't point the blame at him entirely- OK he knew but they know about the rape- or was it only Sioned's Dad who knew and not Eileen and Jim?

Maybe when Marian finds out about eiffion and sioned she tells Cadno about the rape.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im wondering if Macs returns in a dishevelled state sometime before Christmas as Rhys is growing a beard- I didn't even recognise him on some photos. It might be a personal choice though, I just want him back as that exit was cruel.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sderr123 wrote: »
    The episodes are: Pobol Y Cwm 2009.06.22, Pobol Y Cwm 2009.06.23, Pobol Y Cwm 2009.06.24.avi, Pobol Y Cwm 2009.06.25.avi. The avi files are older you might have to search for them.

Thanks for the info on these eps....downloading them now as I would like to form my own opinon after actually seeing them rather than just reading other peoples interpretations of that storyline!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also if you were Sioned's family would you not have addressed the possibility that she infected him? That she shouldn't point the blame at him entirely- OK he knew but they know about the rape- or was it only Sioned's Dad who knew and not Eileen and Jim?

Maybe when Marian finds out about eiffion and sioned she tells Cadno about the rape.

Exactly - she slept with Macs while she was still with Scott and I don't think that they would have used protection as it was in the lounge and was not planned!

Scott may have given it to Sioned unwittingly and then Sioned or Scott passed it to Macs.....why is he the one to be blamed here.....both her and Gaynor have knowlingly had unprotected sex with two people at the same time....so they are not entirely blameless here..

I loved Rachel's line to Gaynor about not being so stupid as to have unprotected sex - in ya face Gaynor!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel's reaction was perfect- Gaynor had gone to be spiteful and Rachel was all cool and collected about it and put her down at the same time.
  • Options
    sderr123sderr123 Posts: 13,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jk1978 wrote: »
    Exactly - she slept with Macs while she was still with Scott and I don't think that they would have used protection as it was in the lounge and was not planned!

Scott may have given it to Sioned unwittingly and then Sioned or Scott passed it to Macs.....why is he the one to be blamed here.....both her and Gaynor have knowlingly had unprotected sex with two people at the same time....so they are not entirely blameless here..

I loved Rachel's line to Gaynor about not being so stupid as to have unprotected sex - in ya face Gaynor!!!

I have a feeling it might be Sion who says that to Sioned on Monday. Actually I don't know how I feel about that. Since Sion completely defended Gaynor on Friday, what right does he have to say anything to Sioned? I find Gaynor a lot more out of line in her anger than Sioned. She was engaged to Macs she had right to expect better. Gaynor given her behavior had no right to expect anything and is lucky Macs didn't file a formal complaint against her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont know if I can watch this weeks, just seeing scenes from last nights was bad enough. Ok if you don't know the whole story then it looks dreadful but none of that lot are saints and if I was Macs parent Id have told him to stand his ground. Im really hoping Macs returns seeing him leave and look so upset was dreadful only highlight (Sderr I recommend you watch it to see gaynors face) was Rachel's put down of Gaynor. I can only see Macs returning in hospital or if Gaynor leaves and then I'd love if he got the job as head- which would be two fingers to everyone but then he might go all callous again rather than open up.
    I would like Rachel to stay around as she had potential and she would be an easy way to bring Macs back seeing as his family is so useless.

It was only Sioned's Dad and Marion who knew about Macs's rape not Eileen and Jim. Marian should spill the beans that would be classic.

Thanks I can't watch Friday's I tried I couldn't get through it. It was upsetting. If the writers don't deal with these sex crime stories better, I am not sure I can take it. Sion not supporting Macs and the mob was too hard to take.

If Macs returns I think it will be in hospital. Everything I read on Hep B said no amount of alcohol is safe with that condition. Macs was just drinking and drinking and no-one said a word.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    literally Sderr, just skip to the bit with Rachel just to see Gaynor be put in her place, it makes it worthwhile but Ill be skipping Fridays and just watching the kevin and Debbie bit, I feel.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    sderr123 wrote: »
    Well here is the news article on Rhys Bidder's children's wildlife programme http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/Wild-new-role-S4C-actor/story-19282675-detail/story.html#axzz2WFDUsmff

It sounds like it runs about 1 month. I don't think he'd quit his regular job for that. I hope so any way.

Thanks for that :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    literally Sderr, just skip to the bit with Rachel just to see Gaynor be put in her place, it makes it worthwhile but Ill be skipping Fridays and just watching the kevin and Debbie bit, I feel.

I did see that with the out of sync subtitles, I got the idea. I just can't watch with the sound on. Strange because I don't speak Welsh but hearing the dialogue really makes a difference.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to watch that nature programme, it sounds fun lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am still angry how they changed Kev to be all nasty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kevins gone mean, Macs has gone pushover and Jim's gone vindictive. Must be something in the water.
  • Options
    welshsarahwelshsarah Posts: 5,082
    Forum Member
    i don't like kevin being like this... he was totaly against garry being the way he is and now kevin done much worse
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its ironic really but Ive seen this sort of irony in real life all too often
  • Options
    welshsarahwelshsarah Posts: 5,082
    Forum Member
    hope we have more of the storyline as im more than fed up of macs
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Macs has gone for the time being so we wont be getting any of his storyline for a while you'll be pleased to hear; however it does mean that whenever he does return if will it will need concluding so the storyline will have dragged on even further.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They either need to bring Macs to address all the drinking he was doing with Hep B or they need to have him die in Cardiff. The whole Hep B is only a dangerous disease potentially fatal disease for the "innocent" victims like Sioned and Macs will be fine as long pops a pill every so often because he is "bad" is complete garbage. Not true at all and a dangerous notion to spread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now we are going see what is going to happen with Kevin. Realisticly Sheryl will have to drop the charges after she and Garry were going to bury him alive. Unless they also want to go to prison for a long time. I can't imagine Kevin will agree to keep quite about that
    Especially since it looks like Garry is going to try to get even more revenge on Kevin.
    So how do all these people live together now since it looks like Kevin isn't going anywhere. The wrong person was forced to leave I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want Macs to die off, especially off screen. I actually like him. And the kevin thing is annoying, He confesses and Debbie just acts like normal. Ok shes in shock and denial but Id have took him up on the annulment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't want Macs to die off, especially off screen. I actually like him. And the kevin thing is annoying, He confesses and Debbie just acts like normal. Ok shes in shock and denial but Id have took him up on the annulment.

I don't want Macs to die off either, but I don't like the way that they left it with the whole village including his father thinking he will be "fine". Sion's needed to be knocked off his high horse for months now.

I have no idea what's going to happen with Kevin. What he did to Sheryl was I believe worse than what Macs did to Izzy, on the other hand he's never been portrayed as violent and crazy as Scott. So what happens now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kevins gone really manipulative, said one thing to Debbie and something else to the police to cover himself.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just seen Friday's episode. I was quite sad at seeing Macs leave the way he did but it's definitely he right thing to do with the character....for now!! I will look forward to seeing the (hopefully) new Macs that returns...do we know when that will be?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No we don't know if hes even returning, will let you know if I find anything out from snooping lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Just seen Friday's episode. I was quite sad at seeing Macs leave the way he did but it's definitely he right thing to do with the character....for now!! I will look forward to seeing the (hopefully) new Macs that returns...do we know when that will be?

You mean you want him to come back all magically better? Cardiff is a different place so suddenly he is better? No I hate this storyline things do not magically get better because you leave and go some place else, he address all his issues off screen and its all happiness and smiles again.

Interesting to see what happens with Sion this week because he has probably lost Macs forever unless something drastic happens.
This discussion has been closed.