Will & Kate's baby name?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    If they have a girl, I pray that the name will not contain any kind of reference to Diana whatsoever just because of the way the press will not only have a field day, but continue to beat the (excuse the expression) dead horse even more.

Not only that, but naming your own child after your dead mother is a bit creepy.
    Angela F wrote: »
    I've read lately that Alexandra is currently the bookies' favourite if the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge's baby is a girl. To be honest I can't see the baby being given this name as it would cause confusion due to the fact there is already a Princess Alexandra still in existence.

Maybe if the baby is a girl they could name her:

Angela Mary Frances Marguerite

Not sure about a boy though

There are two Prince Edwards, so you never know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Edward,_Duke_of_Kent
  • mrtrobzmrtrobz Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tyler or Chardonnay... Perhaps Tilly Fizz.
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meilie wrote: »
    Not only that, but naming your own child after your dead mother is a bit creepy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Edward,_Duke_of_Kent

No it isn't creepy at all
  • MintMint Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Victoria Diana Elizabeth Alexandra
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    Angela F wrote: »
    To be honest I can't see the baby being given this name as it would cause confusion due to the fact there is already a Princess Alexandra still in existence.

This one would be Princess Alexandra of Cambridge, which is how they would distinguish them.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Princess Elizabeth Mary Diana
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is naming your child after your deceased mother ..who you adored ..creepy?
    When I had my last child if it was a boy I was going to name him after my deceased dad ...
  • thedarklord _thedarklord _ Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love it if they named the child Keith or Heather or something similar of a peasant nature :D Just to cause an uproar.
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I had my last child if it was a boy I was going to name him after my deceased dad ...

Creepy is the wrong word - uncomfortable, difficult, painful might be better choices. Given William seems to have a close relationship with his father and step mother I don't think Diana is likely. While I don't think they would object its a fine line between honouring your mother and remembering messy pain and sadness. Plus the media would go into meltdown and no one wants to put that on a child. Of cause it might turn out to be a boy and all this talk is a waste of time :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meilie wrote: »

I don't think it's at all creepy (though it's not something I would personally ever do), but I think the press obsession is.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree.

I think it's a lovely gesture.
  • JethrykJethryk Posts: 1,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creepy is the wrong word - uncomfortable, difficult, painful might be better choices. Given William seems to have a close relationship with his father and step mother I don't think Diana is likely. While I don't think they would object its a fine line between honouring your mother and remembering messy pain and sadness. Plus the media would go into meltdown and no one wants to put that on a child. Of cause it might turn out to be a boy and all this talk is a waste of time :)

Ridiculous.

You do realise naming your child after deceased relatives happens all the time don't you?

It won't be the first name but if it's a girl I would be very surprised if Diana isn't a middle name.
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I do and in most cases it's perfectly normal and wonderful - I'd do it myself, but in this kind of case there is a whole mass of baggage. William and Harry are like many kids caught in that horrible place between divorced parents. And so far they have done a wonderful job of walking the line loving both parents without hurting or favouring one over the other. I just personally think calling the child Diana might be a bit much particularly with how the media would react.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems because of the succession change everyone is hoping it will be a girl.

How sad if its a boy lol

but being healthy is the most important thing.

If a girl now way will it be Diana.

I'd say Charlotte is most likely as Queen Charlotte the 1st hasn't happened yet.
  • RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there will be an 'Elizabeth' in there, as they concieved in the Jubilee year (or possibly a Philip, if it's a boy). I don't think there will be a reference to Diana - I think there are enough tributes to her, and it's not a particularly regal or even fashionable name these days.

I'd love something like 'Charlotte Elizabeth' which is a nice mix of normal and different but still quite befitting a future queen. For a boy, Arthur is Prince William's first middle name, and fits the current 'retro' trend. 'Arthur Philip' maybe?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mint wrote: »
    Victoria Diana Elizabeth Alexandra

Those names sound more fitting.

Charlotte too, but George IV's daughter Princess Charlotte (who was the heir to the throne before Victoria) sadly died in childbirth, so I don't know about that name. Indeed if Princess Charlotte had lived, our present Queen probably wouldn't be on the throne to-day.

Caroline? Mary?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jethryk wrote: »
    I would be very surprised if Diana isn't a middle name.

Can you imagine the media meltdown? I find the continued obsession with Diana insufferable and creepy as it is. If the new little Prince or Princess references Diana even slightly in their name the media will be completely intolerable.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can you imagine the media meltdown? I find the continued obsession with Diana insufferable and creepy as it is. If the new little Prince or Princess references Diana even slightly in their name the media will be completely intolerable.

I feel like you do. It is insufferable, creepy and unhealthy. But then this whole media fixation with this baby is pretty insufferable, creepy and unhealthy too.

I still like Wincey best. Wincey WIndsor. Perfection. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    I feel like you do. It is insufferable, creepy and unhealthy. But then this whole media fixation with this baby is pretty insufferable, creepy and unhealthy too.

I still like Wincey best. Wincey WIndsor. Perfection. :D

I find the media fixation with pregnant women/celebs as a whole creepy and unhealthy, yeah.

Wincey Windsor, heh. Do you remember the woman from Treasure Hunt who was called Wincey Willis? Best name ever. :D Wonder what she does now...
  • tawnytawny Posts: 1,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charlotte Alexandra Diana Elizabeth
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    Girl: Alice, Charlotte, Elinor, Emma, Matilda, Alexandra, Grace, Adele

Boy: George, James, Spencer, Arthur, Michael, Richard, Malcolm, Alexander
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Prince Edward's son is James, so if used as a first Christian name, I think there could possibly be confusion.

Richard is a good name, and I should think Philip would be another name. William's maternal grandfather's names were Edward John, so one of those names could appear.
  • QueeniepopsQueeniepops Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's unconfirmed reports on the twitter that she's given birth to a baby girl, don't hurt me if it's a rubbish rumour.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do hope they have Diana's name in the name somewhere..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's unconfirmed reports on the twitter that she's given birth to a baby girl, don't hurt me if it's a rubbish rumour.

Twitter is going bonkers with Kate rumours at the moment. No official confirmation, though, so it's all just rumours at the moment.

If it's a girl I'm currently thinking: Elizabeth Diana Mary Alexandra Victoria.

If it's a boy: Thomas William Charles Phillip.

Or Simba. :p