Options

Is my anger justified?

2»

Comments

• Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry about it! I'm good at faces but not names and most recently I have got into an embarrassing habit.

Last year a lovely woman I know died and I knew her sister slightly. Since she died I see the sister more often and I keep on calling her by the dead sister's name and as soon as I say it I feel terrible.:o I keep apologising and she's been OK but I'm getting cross with myself.
  • Options
    mirandashellmirandashell Posts: 2,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's one the reasons I call everybody sweetie and hunny.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is your anger justified? No. Everyone here is right. You're over reacting.
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of people are crap at attaching faces to names. I am, for one. There are members of my BiLs family that I still can't remember the names of and I've known them for 15 years!

There was a guy I 'lived with' in student halls for 9 months that all through living there, I could not remember his name. We were all mature/post grad students in the flat and all had our own lives, all on different courses and all had jobs. So we barely saw each other.

He told me his name when we moved in which I promptly forgot because I am crap with names - I asked him what it was and promptly forgot again. I then felt bad that I had forgotten twice and resolved to learn his name again and remember it.

I didn't see either of my flat mates for another 2 weeks as I was away. The next time I saw one of them was in the middle of the night when the fire alarm went of. I felt bad but asked her what his name was. She looked at me embarrassed and admitted that she didn't know it either.

After that whenever I saw him and we would exchange pleasantries in the kitchen and what not, it just seemed awkward to ask him.

I felt really bad about it though. I even tried to find out out a few times by collecting the flats post. Only trouble was anything to him was always just had has initial on it.
  • Options
    malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's one the reasons I call everybody sweetie and hunny.....

I'd rather you got my name wrong!
  • Options
    CrazySingerGalCrazySingerGal Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    OP I wouldn't worry about it. These things happen. Sounds like me actually - I recognise people but I forget names unless I see them regularly and people are used to me and my bad memory now...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow I am amazed that this was such a problem that you had to start a thread about it.