Series 7 Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In

Comments

• Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Popping in here with my eyes close thus to avoid any actual spoilers, because i just read this and thought it was interesting:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-02-12/doctor-who-50th-anniversary-will-be-a-nationwide-celebration-with-lots-of-aliens-and-daleks
    One thing does seem clear – the on-screen anniversary celebrations will not be limited to a single special episode, with Stephenson saying he is keen to “make individual programmes more than the sum of their parts”.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope that means more, but probably just means there will be a 2 minute clip or 2 on the web in the lead up to the special.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope that means more, but probably just means there will be a 2 minute clip or 2 on the web in the lead up to the special.

could also mean 7b are linked in to the anniversary, but i found the use of "programmes" interesting nonetheless.
  • AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    could also mean 7b are linked in to the anniversary, but i found the use of "programmes" interesting nonetheless.

I've got a sneaking suspicion that the 'programmes' will be The One Show, BBC Breakfast, guest appearances in Mock The Week, Have I Got News For You, Never Mind The Buzzcocks, Blue Peter etc....

Just saying...
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member

I'm not sure. I still think it's just the remaining episodes of Series 7, an anniversary special and a Christmas one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    I'm not sure. I still think it's just the remaining episodes of Series 7, an anniversary special and a Christmas one.

To clarify, that isn't precisely what i am suggesting (I'm very much a wait and see person on this issue), but what Ben Stephenson said, both in the comment I highlighted and in the article overall, does seem to indicate that there are more things to announce of some sort, that someone how link in to the anniversary episode, but precisely what form they will take remains unclear.
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    To clarify, that isn't precisely what i am suggesting (I'm very much a wait and see person on this issue), but what Ben Stephenson said, both in the comment I highlighted and in the article overall, does seem to indicate that there are more things to announce of some sort, that someone how link in to the anniversary episode, but precisely what form they will take remains unclear.

Yes - they definitely have something up their sleeves. Hopefully it will be lovely. Even though I doubt it will be in the form of full episodes over and above the ten announced ones. But that needn't mean it won't be good.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The original "campaign" (ie one article on a webpage that got three comments) if anyone bothered looking (which the Mirror or indeed Digital Spy when they ran the story did not) was for her to play the Doctor in a Big Finish Unbound Audio.

Of course it's far bigger news to claim the "campaign" is for her to take over the role on TV.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Either way, I don't actually think I would hate it. I do really like Sue.

Of course, it would never happen which is fine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A couple of brief clips* of 7B in this BBC Drama trailer.

*From the
    two Mark Gatiss episodes strangely enough.
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    The original "campaign" (ie one article on a webpage that got three comments) if anyone bothered looking (which the Mirror or indeed Digital Spy when they ran the story did not) was for her to play the Doctor in a Big Finish Unbound Audio.

Of course it's far bigger news to claim the "campaign" is for her to take over the role on TV.

Putting aside the fact its a truly dreadful idea what continues to depress is lazy 'journalists' scurrying around for scraps from so called 'new media'.

In fact we should set a challenge to the good folk here. Lets see if we can get a story published that is complete made up rubbish. I doubt it would be that difficult sadly.
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Putting aside the fact its a truly dreadful idea what continues to depress is lazy 'journalists' scurrying around for scraps from so called 'new media'.

In fact we should set a challenge to the good folk here. Lets see if we can get a story published that is complete made up rubbish. I doubt it would be that difficult sadly.

Let's do it. Please. This would actually be hilarious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard Ricky Gervaise is being lined up to take over writing from Moffat. It's well known he is a massive fan. He would also secure Karl Pilkington for the role of the Doctor. This is from a mate of mine who works at BBC television Centre. Saw Ricky in the corridors going into some big wigs office.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In 2005 the mirror published a story based off a post on the old Outpost Gallifrey saying Robert Shearman's 1st series script was called 'Cargo' and was basically a scary remake of Alien with a Dalek. Shearman ended up congratulating the poster on the thread, if I recall correctly.

It's not difficult at all. ;)
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    I heard Ricky Gervaise is being lined up to take over writing from Moffat. It's well known he is a massive fan. He would also secure Karl Pilkington for the role of the Doctor. This is from a mate of mine who works at BBC television Centre. Saw Ricky in the corridors going into some big wigs office.

:eek: Oh wow! can't wait to see what happens there, it could be fantastic! Bit worried about the potential for unfunny comedy content though tbh :/
    Forum Member

The words 'do not want' really do spring to mind.

Ah right, joke.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just read the other posts about making up a rumor now.my news looks a bit silly in there now. But there's no need to make something up now, since this is proper news.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah.I'm not so sure about the idea totally, but it could be interesting. I'd certainly give it a chance.
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    I just read the other posts about making up a rumor now.my news looks a bit silly in there now. But there's no need to make something up now, since this is proper news.

Ah, ok, I thought you were trying to fool the tabloids :o

Don't find Gervais funny, mainly because when he is "acting" funny, I feel as though he's trying to shove laughter down my throat and make me regurgitate his own laughter back at him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

tomwozhere wrote: »
    Let's do it. Please. This would actually be hilarious.
    Have a scroll through this thread, there probably was the odd thing picked up by the tabloids :D
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Have a scroll through this thread, there probably was the odd thing picked up by the tabloids :D

haha. This is brilliant stuff!
    Forum Member
    Only 44 days til we get a new episode of Doctor Who:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Only 44 days til we get a new episode of Doctor Who:D

I wonder if Ricky will make a cameo appearance in an upcoming ep before he takes over...
  • DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe Ricky is playing an old Gallifreyan friend of the Doctor's called The Rani.
This discussion has been closed.