Week 4 - 5 thoughts

CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
Forum Member
1) This show is really about the journey and it's so enjoyable to see people like Michael and Victoria improve.
2) I will despair if we continue to get comedy VTs and pointless props from next week.
3) Fern doesn't look happy at all and seems anxious about not doing enough to please Artem.
4) Is Louis going to dance near the end of the show each week? :rolleyes: He is fantastic though.
5) I like Lisa but all her three latin dances have been basically the same - Craig was right with the critique.

Comments

• -Felicity--Felicity- Posts: 4,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. I absolutely despise those comedy VT's. They're so cringeworthy.
    2. I also hate theme weeks, especially Halloween week, they go a little over the top.
    3. Richard & Erin are still my favourites, I just love Richard :)
    4. So pleased for Michael and Natalie. Michael has worked so hard and Natalie has really pushed him, great teacher and great pupil.
    5. Sid has to go this week.
  • IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Natalie is the Queen of the Quickstep. Sorry Erin.
    2. And Michael was pretty good too.
    3. Really enjoyed the concept of Victoria and Brendan's Tango.
    4. Quite a few candidates for the bottom two this week.
    5. Nice to see Denise putting all of that 'sitting on a chair' West End experience to use. :rolleyes:
  • Philly1234Philly1234 Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) So happy for Natalie and Michael! I thought that was the dance of the night
    2) Up to that point, every dance was awful
    3) And the music...they were really stretchin' it sometimes with the Halloween theme
    4) VTs ugh they were awful too...I mean, I get why they do them, but holy crap they were bad
    5) Based on tonight, Sid should go.
  • walnut699walnut699 Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Louis heavily overmarked and is gonna be overmarked every week and shoehorned into the final. Disappointing, judges/BBC.
    2. Sid needs to go
    3. Love Halloween theme night. But it should be the only themed night.
    4. Kimberley and Pasha my favourites
    5. Bruce and Tess need to go.
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    1. Better than last week, but only just, the second half, minus Colin, saved it.
    2. Victoria's Tango was the closest I've been to shouting YES! at the screen since Holly's Paso, it was nowhere near as good as that, nor was it brilliant, but it was an improvement.
    3. Same with Michael, the few minutes they were both at the top of the leaderboard was the highlight (although admittedly they were overmarked)
    4. Really worried for Fern, it wasn't great but I love the pairing, and I think Sid, Nicky and Colin should go before them.
    5.The comedy VTs weren't just painful but half-arsed, they normally horrid and cringeworthy but at least have some kind of pay off at the end of them.
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Go Michael! Nat is the best teacher. Fact.

2. I'm finding Fern & Artem's dancing and choreography increasingly boring. I'd like them to leave, or Richard (to put poor Erin out of her misery).

3. I'm seeing flashes of Louisa in Dani. Thought she was a touch undermarked again but hey ho.

4. My hopes for Colin & Kristina are slowly evaporating. That Salsa was a damp squib. I think they might be in danger - being mid table an' all.

5. Would like to see the running order mixed up a bit so Louis isn't always performing last (or near the end). Terrific Tango though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. First half bad, second half better.
    2. Less shoehorned music and later themes please. Give the celebs time to grow in technique before lumbering them with a theme.
    3. Michael and Victoria improved. Good for them.
    4. Len needs a new pair of lenses.
    5. Comedy VT overload this week. Bad.
  • reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Kimberley was the best tonight - undermarked
    2. I love Colin but he was overmarked, hunched shoulders, mouth working all the time and not much content.
    3. Vaughny - what a surprise!!! So happy for him and Nat.
    4. Victoria looked ravishing and it's nice to see her coming out of her shell.
    5. Oh, poor Sid! :(
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Poor poor Dani that was an horrendous costume, one of the most unflattering things ever to be seen on Strictly and she was on first so might end up in bottom 2.

2. I so wanted Michaels wig to come off with that hat. He better make the most of those scores, the Rumba and Samba await him

3. Louis was good at the Tango because it was OK to use his Flavia smells face.

4. The overall standard this year is absolutely dire

5. Yes I am cheesed off with it all generally this year....The Great British Bake Off is rapidly replacing Strictly as my must watch show of the year.
  • SueDokuSueDoku Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1) Having 2 themed weeks is okay - but not immediately after each other. Spread them out a bit
    2) Louis is by far and away the most talented dancer - but he needs to relax and enjoy himself
    3) Sid & Ola have had the week from hell; he'll probably go, but should have a week to get over the upheaval
    4) Fern should go this week, she just looks out of her depth and can't up her game, even with Artem
    5) It will be a real shame if Richard goes this week - and very unfair
  • blindsideblindside Posts: 4,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Theme weeks distort everything. How many of those songs would have been chosen for those dances on any other week :rolleyes:
    2. Louis fantastic. And as for always being near the end, I imagine he's not overly thrilled at all the extra pressure and waiting.
    3. Leaderboard mayhem. Such fun!
    4. Taxi for Sid - he really was just phoning it in.
    5. Feels a bit flat in the Tess Pit so far this year.
  • reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just had a sixth thought - the version of Killer Queen was absolutely, horrendously cringeworthy, the band and singers absolutely slaughtered it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,154
    Forum Member
    1. I didn't think it was a good show tonight, as the comedy was pointless and forced. Last week's show was excellent, but this was not.

2. I'm a fan of Bruce Forsyth but his jokes are starting to get a bit samey, he needs to tone them down a bit.

3. The VTs. Ugh! Last week they were a little cringeworthy, this week they were... I can't find the words for it. I don't think we had ANY proper training footage.

4. The best thing on the show tonight was Michael Vaughan. Excellent improvement, he really showed he can dance.

5. I thought Richard was undermarked as I think he improved a lot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    1) I hate theme weeks with a passion.
    2) When Ola's in trouble she gets out the catsuit but when Artem's in trouble he gets out the chest.
    3) Colin would be better if Kristina stopped swirling around him and actually let him dance.
    4) Pleased for Michael. My favourite dance of the night.
    5) The more the series continues the more I am warming to Louis.
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) Like Ola and the catsuit, you know a routine is in trouble when Artem gets his chest out. But I'm not complaining, it got me through a dire first half

2) Mcnael and Victoria. Who knew that was going to happen? :eek: They were both brilliant

3) I want to like Kimberley but arrrggghhhh, so frustrating. She's just so boring and safe and nice. I don't know if its just she's nice or if Pasha is too nice as well and he can't drag the emotion out of her. I want her to be good, I think she can be, but it's all so meh

4) Please no more themes for a while. Can we just go back to normal?

5) considering Denise spent years getting on and off a chair in the West End, she wasn't very stable. :eek: That was quite an unstable, wooden routine in general though, were her shoes too high?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,154
    Forum Member
    Malik24 wrote: »
    1. First half bad, second half better.
    2. Less shoehorned music and later themes please. Give the celebs time to grow in technique before lumbering them with a theme.
    3. Michael and Victoria improved. Good for them.
    4. Len needs a new pair of lenses.
    5. Comedy VT overload this week. Bad.

That's a good point. I got into it slightly more as the show went on.
  • VirgilHiltsVirgilHilts Posts: 2,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Theme weeks are crap - difficult to tell what kind of dance they're doing at times.
    2. The show took ages to get going - no really good dances until Michael's.
    3. Sid Owen has lost his mojo and looks very very unhappy.
    4. I think I've seen that dance of Lisa & Robin's three times now.
    5. Robin is an enormous torso balanced on two little legs and as such reminds me of Foghorn Leghorn.
  • coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1 Am so pleased and surprised for Michael and Natalie..
    2 I find Kimberley nice and her dancing nice, nice is not good enough.
    3 Loius is showing more personality and that was a good dance but he he needs to perform every week.
    4 Colin was not good and I will miss him if he goes.
    5 Hate those comedy VT's can we go back to proper training ones
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. I hate Duran Duran :( Really really wanted to love Kimberley and Pasha and was looking forward to it loads but the music is blechhh! Will watch again later without sound to justify voting for them. :D Thought the band and the singers did well generally though, apart from Queen. Music choices all round poor.
    2. Victoria and Michael really improved. :eek: Good on em
    3. Not fond of a) Halloween theme b) comedy VTs or c) prolonging Sid 's misery
    4. Louis's eyes were freaky :eek: and it suited him :eek::eek:
    5. Was there a pattern between the marking and the seven dancers who are refusing to tour unless they get better pay Not saying there was, just wondering for the sake of a good conspiracy theory :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Gaaah! The "comedy" VTs are back. If they spent more time rehearsing and less time recording these stupid skits then the dancing might actually improve :mad:.

2. That was a vast improvement from Michael Vaughan. He is definitely a ballroom boy at the moment, but he should take that confidence boost to work on the latin. Good job Natalie. (probably my dance of the night actually :))

3. That was much better from Victoria Pendleton. I think the costume and make-up made her feel like someone other than herself and gave her confidence to perform. She needs to take that confidence to perform as herself. There is potential there.

4. I hate theme nights with a passion. The music overall was terrible which doesn't help the dancing as they are forced to fit the dance to music in the theme, rather than use something suitable. O Fortuna works as a paso doble and Michael's quickstep music was correct, but everything else was awful. Even the synthesiser drums sounded out of tune on Disturbia tonight, whilst the singing through a mouthful of helium on Witchdoctor was completely offputting. Plus I hate the costumes and industrial scale makeup :mad:.

5. I think we're in for an unexpected exit tonight.
  • HMatreHMatre Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    Michael - yay!
    Kimberley - ok
    Denise - oy, vey!
    Fern - not today
    Sid - go away!
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. I hate theme weeks, themed costumes, comedy VTs and props, so I wasn't exactly looking forward to the show :(
    2. The first hour didn't do anything to change my mind - lots of mediocre performances and dubious props :sleep:
    3. From Michael & Natalie onwards was great though - Natalie is an absolute genius as a teacher, and it was almost all a proper quickstep. Fab-u-lous! :)
    4. Marking was all over the place again - someone please hide Darcey's 6 every other dance, tell Craig a 2 is unnecessary and tell Len to decide to mark everyone on character and technique, not one or the other :rolleyes:
    5. Is week 4 the longest it's taken for the judges to give someone a 9 since about series 2?! :confused:
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,149
    Forum Member
    Flavia and Louis - best dance of the night
    Michael was ok as was Victoria
    Lisa - lazy footwork
    Enjoyed Denise's dance but agreed with the judges comments
    Judges marks were all ove the place tonight
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Loved Louis & Flavia
    2. I laughed at DEnise tripping :D
    3. STFU x a zillion Brucie.
    4. Well done Michael & Natalie.
    5. The singers were awful tonight.
  • Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Cruel bit - Camera panning to Bruce too early so we all caught a sight of him shuffling unsteadily back on to the dance floor.
    2. Saddest bit - Ola looking emotionally drained :(
    3. Curious bit - Who is that behind the bandage?
    4. Nodding off bit(s) - Someone twiddled with the band switch, turning it from 45 rpm to 33⅓ rpm
    5. Miracle bit - Michael was dancing...well...and in time :eek: