Well Done Acer

burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
Forum Member
✭✭
Heads up to Acer for excellent service. My granddaughters Acer Iconia B1 lost some of the touch response on the screen. I emailed Acer and they arranged a courier collection. The courier collected on this Monday and I got the unit back repaired by today (Wednesday)! All at no charge for postage or repair.

Comments

• neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good to see a positive post rather than all the doom and gloom ones so often posted. I had an Acer monitor about three years ago that packed up on me and had a similar experience, picked up by courier and a new one sent out and received by me within 72 hours.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A result for you two then.

I wanted to install their latest bios as per their website but it reported on install that it was incompatiible, despite coming from the download section for that exact same laptop.

Rather than tell me it was right or a mistake tech support would not commit to saying anything of meaning simply saying 'you install at your own risk'. So of course I did not dare install it.
    About 9 months later the BIOS disappeared from their download section.
  • acoolwelshblokeacoolwelshbloke Posts: 3,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yea they do say that if you update the bios you do so at your own risk!

Im sure it says do not upgrade the bios unless instructed to do so, if anything goes wrong you kill your computer and they don't want to take the blame for that.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd have happily taken the risk with the correct BIOS file.

Maybe 9 months later someone did install that BIOS at their own risk !