Options

EE - I wish Santer would come back!

ClassicGarfieldClassicGarfield Posts: 1,593
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Now don't get me wrong, I think Dominic Treadwell Collins (otherwise DTC) is great. Obviously some members on here are getting a bit annoyed at the lack of compelling storytelling from DTC so far, which I agree with. However I do think DTC is laying down the ground work and first trying to pay more attention to the finer quality of the show - which I think is good - but I think a lot of us are getting a bit frustrated because EastEnders really hasn't got "its balls back" yet. Firstly I just wanted to defend DTC in saying that I do think he is great for the show. He's so passionate from the sounds of him and the quality of EastEnders has without a doubt improved. I personally think the BBC need to keep DTC at EastEnders and I'll give him more time to really bring back EastEnders before casting my opinion on him as EP.

That all said though, I do miss Santer!

Kirkwood was the worst thing to ever happen to EastEnders and Lorraine Newman was less kitchen sink drama and more dull as dish water.

Diederick Santer knew how to constantly keep EastEnders exciting and number one soap. It's my favorite era!

Perhaps what everyone is missing from DTC is that little Santer magic?

My ideal scenario would be for Diederick Sander & DTC to work on EastEnders together again.

Comments

• Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think DTC is doing well to unpick the wrong that LN and BK did to EE, it is going to take time. EE is a good again, I have no doubt that it will once again be great. However I do agree that DTC and Santer were a dream team.

Lets just hope Blackburn never gets his hands on it.
  • Options
    Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now don't get me wrong, I think Dominic Treadwell Collins (otherwise DTC) is great. Obviously some members on here are getting a bit annoyed at the lack of compelling storytelling from DTC so far, which I agree with. However I do think DTC is laying down the ground work and first trying to pay more attention to the finer quality of the show - which I think is good - but I think a lot of us are getting a bit frustrated because EastEnders really hasn't got "its balls back" yet. Firstly I just wanted to defend DTC in saying that I do think he is great for the show. He's so passionate from the sounds of him and the quality of EastEnders has without a doubt improved. I personally think the BBC need to keep DTC at EastEnders and I'll give him more time to really bring back EastEnders before casting my opinion on him as EP.

Kirkwood was the worst thing to ever happen to EastEnders and Lorraine Newman was less kitchen sink drama and more dull as dish water.

Diederick Santer knew how to constantly keep EastEnders exciting and number one soap. It's my favorite era!

My ideal scenario would be for Diederick Sander & DTC to work on EastEnders together again.

You Left out pat. The show needs Pat :(
  • Options
    HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    CherryRose wrote: »
    I think DTC is doing well to unpick the wrong that LN and BK did to EE, it is going to take time. EE is a good again, I have no doubt that it will once again be great. However I do agree that DTC and Santer were a dream team.

What's wrong with him?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show needs Pat never mind bringing Santer back Pat is like the Bobby Ewing of EastEnders the shows now missing a center and nothing seems to be able to fill that :cry:
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't we all wish he'd come back... Bring peggy and grant with him too...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »
    Don't we all wish he'd come back... Bring peggy and grant with him too...

Who'd Peggy interact with outside her family ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The show needs Pat never mind bringing Santer back Pat is like the Bobby Ewing of EastEnders the shows now missing a center and nothing seems to be able to fill that :cry:

Peggy was better than pat, I don't miss pat half as much as I miss peggy... Pat was great though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sharon, shirley, kat, alfie, carol etc?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »

Oh yeah DTC is definitely doing great - which is why I felt compelled to write what seemed like a mad paragraph, defending him. :)

Oh gosh! Let's hope the BBC have learn from their previous two past mistakes and 100% NEVER hire Blackburn! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon, shirley, kat, alfie, carol etc?

Wouldn't be the same. She's not really friends with any of them and can't ever really remember that many scenes Peggy had with carol? :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You Left out pat. The show needs Pat :(

Yeah it's really sad she's gone but unfortunately, she's dead.

It never washed with me what Pam said in her This Morning interview though, that she didn't want to die. I mean, she's Pam St. Clement!! I'd have point blank refused death by Kirkwood! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Dtc is good but doesn't know how to keep it exciting, he needs santer to help him, dtc is seriously abusing some of the cast members and not giving enough people meaty storylines! He has also been really bad at introducing new characters, some aren't used
    At all, some are boring, and some are constantly shoved down our throats with about 20,000 secrets

What would be a real dream team would be John yorke and santer!

Dtc was better as story consultant IMO, but he still has this autumn/Christmas/winter/30th to prove himself!
  • Options
    TellMeMoreTellMeMore Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hetal wrote: »
    What's wrong with him?

Everything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't be the same. She's not really friends with any of them and can't ever really remember that many scenes Peggy had with carol? :cry:

Jane could start book club and she could find some new friends!:D Cora, Pam:O
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'd like to have Peggy back for sure. Grant would be fine too, if he'd stick around for more than 5 minuets! :D
  • Options
    lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Santer was very hot towards the latter part of his era on eastenders ;) (IMO)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TellMeMore wrote: »
    Everything.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lord knows how much I would love for this to happen, but sadly, I doubt he will ever return.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to have Peggy back for sure. Grant would be fine too, if he'd stick around for more than 5 minuets! :D

A heavily advertised peggy and grant comeback, and a gripping, thrilling storyline for them could boost figures 1-2 million...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dtc is good but doesn't know how to keep it exciting, he needs santer to help him, dtc is seriously abusing some of the cast members and not giving enough people meaty storylines! He has also been really bad at introducing new characters, some aren't used
    At all, some are boring, and some are constantly shoved down our throats with about 20,000 secrets

What would be a real dream team would be John yorke and santer!

Dtc was better as story consultant IMO, but he still has this autumn/Christmas/winter/30th to prove himself!

I think a lot of the cast are definitely getting bloated! DTC should have axed quite a few more characters when he took over and brought new ones in. I have to say I really like the new characters introduced. But I think for each of their introductions, a more deadwood character should have left.

Yeah there does seem to be a secrets epidemic on the square, they need to bring in Jeremy Kyle with his lie detectors pronto and sort it out! :D

John Yorke, Santer & DTC together is like a wet dream for EastEnders! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane could start book club and she could find some new friends!:D Cora, Pam:O

I could see Peggy and Pam getting along having a laugh but no I don't think Peggy and Cora could ever be in the same room as one another ever. I can just see it now Peggy wanting to ring Cora's Kneck.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A heavily advertised peggy and grant comeback, and a gripping, thrilling storyline for them could boost figures 1-2 million...

I'm sure it could with the right story. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could see Peggy and Pam getting along having a laugh but no I don't think Peggy and Cora could ever be in the same room as one another ever I could just see it now Peggy wanting to ring Cora's Kneck.

She'll have to get in line! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She'll have to get in line! :D

Would be brilliant :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaron1995 wrote: »
    Lord knows how much I would love for this to happen, but sadly, I doubt he will ever return.

I suspect as much too. But oh man I'd be so excited if Santer re-joined the show! :D