Options

This save game relies on downloadable content that is no longer avilable.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 725
Forum Member
✭✭
I am unable to load my saved game Fallout Vegas. The game is stored and played from the harddrive. The error message i am getting reads the following.

"This save game relies on downloadable content that is no longer avilable. Some objects may be no longer aviable. Continue loading ?

If i say NO! then the main games menu returns, if i click YES! then the following message is displayed .

"The storage device you selected is no longer aviable. Load conceled".

Then screen returns back to menu? I have tried the following:

{*}Removed gamed from harddrive.
{*}Run game from disc.
{*}Copy game back to hardrive and run the game.
{*}Clear catch from main memory.
{*}Log out and log in.
{*} Delete unwanted old games and free up harddrive.
{*} Restart many times with no joy?

I have 2 saved files which i have not removed, Can you help please. I am happy to try anything to get back into the game without starting from the start again.

Comments

• Options
    Daveoc64Daveoc64 Posts: 15,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is your Xbox 360 console connected to Xbox LIVE?

Did you get one of the pre-order bonus pieces of download content with your game? (You would have had to enter a code to redeem it).
  • Options
    FunkmasterTFunkmasterT Posts: 14,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you tried copying the saves to a USB stick, or memory card, and loading them off that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daveoc64 wrote: »
    Is your Xbox 360 console connected to Xbox LIVE?

Did you get one of the pre-order bonus pieces of download content with your game? (You would have had to enter a code to redeem it).

Thanks... double checked and the game Fallout Vegas did not come with any pre-order code. I also looked into the history just to check again on what past downloads i have had & and i checked the Games case that the game came in for any codes and any email from Amazon for any pre-order codes.

No Pre-Order codes with this game.. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you tried copying the saves to a USB stick, or memory card, and loading them off that?

Gave it a go, no joy.. thanks for the tip..

I read someone phoned xBox support with the same problem and they have managed to fix the same fault. I will phone tomorrow and see if i am in luck too ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,735
    Forum Member
    Fallout NV is seriously bug ridden, unable to load saves is quite common, its what stopped me buying it so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fallout NV is seriously bug ridden, unable to load saves is quite common, its what stopped me buying it so far.

Very true, but still 1 of the best games ever to come out :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,735
    Forum Member
    So I have been told when they fix it I will deffo get it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bootycall wrote: »
    Very true, but still 1 of the best games ever to come out :)

not according to the reviews it isn't lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wiseguy100 wrote: »
    not according to the reviews it isn't lol.

Which reviews would these be?

Many of them are the same or higher than those of Fallout 3.
  • Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which reviews would these be?

Many of them are the same or higher than those of Fallout 3.

yep, plenty of good reviews:
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/fallout-new-vegas
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    The main criticism reviewers seem to have is that it is like an expansion pack for Fallout 3 and so it still has the same physics and bug issues, which is true but it is as good if not better than Fallout 3.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Winterland wrote: »
    The main criticism reviewers seem to have is that it is like an expansion pack for Fallout 3 and so it still has the same physics and bug issues, which is true but it is as good if not better than Fallout 3.
    I agree fully with your quote above.. It would nice if the bugs problems could be resolved. :)
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    The thing about the reviews for fallout is that in all reality, you need at least 10/15 hours worth of play to actually get going and get into the game.

Most reviewers I bet play for a couple of hours, get out of Goodsprings and then say 'this is shit and full of bugs'
  • Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how good is Fallout 3 by the way? Compared to say GTA, or other popular games?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am awaiting xBox360 support tech team to call me back. the first call did not resolve the problem. :(

I found out that when the game arrived my son installed the game and he thinks he entered a pre-order code to?

We cannot find the orginal code ?, but would like to know if anyone has a spare unused code that they do not need,

please let me know via private message. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bootycall wrote: »
    I am awaiting xBox360 support tech team to call me back. the first call did not resolve the problem. :(

I found out that when the game arrived my son installed the game and he thinks he entered a pre-order code to?

We cannot find the orginal code ?, but would like to know if anyone has a spare unused code that they do not need,

please let me know via private message. :)

Try the instructions on this page under "View your purchases and download them again":

http://support.xbox.com/en-gb/pages/xbox-live/how-to/download-content-history.aspx#section3

You should be able to download the content again for free without the need for a code.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try the instructions on this page under "View your purchases and download them again":

http://support.xbox.com/en-gb/pages/xbox-live/how-to/download-content-history.aspx#section3

You should be able to download the content again for free without the need for a code.
    Thanks Dave.. Yes.. i had already tried it out a few times with no joy..

I was playing Fallout Vegas when the screen locked up.. BUG! i rebooted the game and since then i have
    not been able to start the game from any of the past saved points.

Some forums have also mention the same options you said in your first post. Enter the pre-order code again and it will work..

I am awaiting for xBox Tech support Team to call me with hopefully resolve this BUG!.. If not then i just
    cannot start the game again, as i have completed so many tasks & painfully will have to sell the game on.

I am now sure the problem is to do with xBox live Downloadable contents. :)
  • Options
    jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quality control is an alien concept to both Bethesda and Obsidian, putting the two together was never going to be pretty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Contacted xBox support again ! and had to send more info.. but i just do not see any way around this BUG!
    I also posted the same question to Fallout Forum Site, feedback was shocking and cannot believe we are not refunded for the game!

QUOTE BELOW from Fallout Forum:
    "You've been slammed by the DLC save bug...congrats in joining 3/4 of the F:NV gaming population
    that have had their game ruined by this bug that showed itself within 2 weeks of release and we are still
    waiting for the patch to be released "in the coming weeks" thats supposed to fix it."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen a lot of reports of problems with this game, but my main save is up to 60 hours and I've played it for about 15 hours in other saves (to do the different story options) - all without any glitches. It froze once when going from one area to another (and I had to restart the Console).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen a lot of reports of problems with this game, but my main save is up to 60 hours and I've played it for about 15 hours in other saves (to do the different story options) - all without any glitches. It froze once when going from one area to another (and I had to restart the Console).
    The Dam. was the area that the problem occured for me .. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully some good news!

They've announced that a patch will be released next week and one of the things mentioned is:

"Fix: DLC error/save corruption"

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/10/new-vegas-patch-available-for-playstation-3-xbox-360-steam-nex/

Whether it will make existing saves work again or if it will only stop it happening in the future is another matter
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully some good news!

They've announced that a patch will be released next week and one of the things mentioned is:

"Fix: DLC error/save corruption"

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/10/new-vegas-patch-available-for-playstation-3-xbox-360-steam-nex/

Whether it will make existing saves work again or if it will only stop it happening in the future is another matter
    True.. I found out a few days ago with a reply from Fallout Forum..

Please, i hope it solves the save issues and we can still play from our saved files too. ;)

Mind you the list of the fixes from the web link is not funny at all.. ! We should all be given free add on maps?

Did you read one of the replies from the link. Wrote quote " Looks like I'm buying New Vegas next week then. " :D
  • Options
    Feed The ReaperFeed The Reaper Posts: 7,135
    Forum Member
    Why do people criticise Fallout Vegas being very similar to Fallout 3 and just like an expansion..... and then they go and rave immensely how great FIFA 11 is or how the next COD is ever better...... both titles being highly raved and rated and yet rarely too much different to the previous title in the series, often with very little innovation to really set it apart from the last in line.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do people criticise Fallout Vegas being very similar to Fallout 3 and just like an expansion..... and then they go and rave immensely how great FIFA 11 is or how the next COD is ever better...... both titles being highly raved and rated and yet rarely too much different to the previous title in the series, often with very little innovation to really set it apart from the last in line.
    There are very few games that claim to be a massive improvement from its privious version.

However being a Massive Fallout 3 fan i would honestly say Fallout 3 and Fallout Vegas in my opion are very much alike.

The 1 game which comes to mind & shown massive steps forward from its last release at the time woud be Call Of Duty 3 to Call of Duty 4.