Options

Matt Baker & Aliona Vilani Appreciation Thread (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi all *waves*

Just wanted to pop in and say, loved the samba, loved the music for the showdance but ~ meh on the showdance - it was ~ oh gosh ~ what the heck was Aliona trying to do?

Argh!

That is all

Goodbye
  • Options
    Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently huge money going on Kara and Pam.

It's looking like a sure thing Matt is out. :( Keep going!
  • Options
    BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm voting lots!

Kara and Matt had shocking showdances, voting for both of them cos I want the best dancers not someone who's good for an old lady fgs!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    parthena wrote: »
    I'm doing yours {{{Irish}}} ... looks like I'll be at it the full half-hour.

Thank you soo much!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently huge money going on Kara and Pam.

It's looking like a sure thing Matt is out. :( Keep going!

Doing my best! Just voted for you too :) Well not for you, but on behalf of you. ;)
  • Options
    teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved their showdance - it was fun, modern and Matt looked SO HOT in his outfit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From Hayley

I thought the showdance was great fun. That's what it is meant to be aint it?

Pam and James bored me.

Thank you Aliona!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, looks like he's out. Huge huge shame, but he's done so so well throughout the competition and I'm so proud of him.

Hopefully he'll now have a nice christmas up in Durham and get some sleep - he deserves it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VWgirl wrote: »
    Yeah, looks like he's out. Huge huge shame, but he's done so so well throughout the competition and I'm so proud of him.

Hopefully he'll now have a nice christmas up in Durham and get some sleep - he deserves it!

How does it look like he's out?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am voting lots for Matt! I still think he got the best audience reaction out of the 3 of them. However ....... His show dance was not great - then again neither was Kara's and to be honest Pamelas was boring.
    Why couldn't they have done something like Chris and Ola and Tom and Camilla - cos lets be honest, love or hate them they certainly knew how to do a showdance:D
  • Options
    Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member

NO NO NO NO I will not believe it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doing my best! Just voted for you too :) Well not for you, but on behalf of you. ;)

Thank you! :D

This is horrible -- people on Twitter who never liked Pamela and James are saying they should get through now and obviously Kara is going nowhere. :(
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved their showdance - it was fun, modern and Matt looked SO HOT in his outfit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From Hayley
    teeswolf wrote: »
    I thought the showdance was great fun. That's what it is meant to be aint it?

Pam and James bored me.

Thank you Aliona!

I agree with you two! I really loved their showdance! They did something modern, and really went for it. I personally think James took the easy route with Pamela, and I found that quite boring. Kara and Artem's could have been good if they hadn't have messed up, but Kara seemed really uncomfortable doing the more modern dancing.

If he goes out third then so be it, but I would be very shocked if he did.
  • Options
    holly_oaholly_oa Posts: 935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well you can blame Aliona 100% for this one.
  • Options
    Matt&AlionaFanMatt&AlionaFan Posts: 975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope everyone is not giving up voting, it's not 8.30pm yet!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is horrible -- people on Twitter who never liked Pamela and James are saying they should get through now and obviously Kara is going nowhere. :(

:( That's annoying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am voting lots for Matt! I still think he got the best audience reaction out of the 3 of them. However ....... His show dance was not great - then again neither was Kara's and to be honest Pamelas was boring.
    Why couldn't they have done something like Chris and Ola and Tom and Camilla - cos lets be honest, love or hate them they certainly knew how to do a showdance:D

Tom and Camilla and Chris and Ola are my favourite couples ever :) Along with Matt and Aliona now :)
  • Options
    Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member

I'm sorry but I will be very surprised if the final 2 are not Kara and Matt
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no wait, sorry, that wasn't based on anything, but I do suspect he'll be out. I'm desperately hoping not and voting till my fingers bleed.

Anyway, we should be proud of this: Who would have thought that Matt Baker would be the most modern edgiest most innovative performer in SCD? I certainly didn't, so kudos to him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keeeeeeep going!!!!!
  • Options
    parthenaparthena Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VWGirl, if you have inside info you could save me a lorra lorra money cos I'm still voting :p
  • Options
    PiggywigPiggywig Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    C'mon people, it's not done and dusted yet! Where's the positivity? I'm not going to give up hope unless their names are read out at 5 past 9.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no wait, sorry, that wasn't based on anything, but I do suspect he'll be out. I'm desperately hoping not and voting till my fingers bleed.

Anyway, we should be proud of this: Who would have thought that Matt Baker would be the most modern edgiest most innovative performer in SCD? I certainly didn't, so kudos to him.

Oh phew! I thought you had some sort of leak or something :eek:

Exactly. I've still got a glimmer of my positive approach.
  • Options
    kirstylouise666kirstylouise666 Posts: 6,959
    Forum Member
    Do you think we'll get a spoiler before the scores are announced or is it live? Would so much rather know in advance lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry guys, my typing was bad as I was trying to vote at the same time. I have no idea as to the results...I fear the worst, but hope for the best!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    Keep voting guys - I am! Personally I really didn't dislike the showdance that much, but hey. Found Pamela's boring and Kara's too manic. So much for the best final ever, so far I'm not that impressed.

Desparately want to see the paso and still think Matt deserves that glitterball. Oh well ....
This discussion has been closed.