Is there any chance....

Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Of an explanation as to why the Katie Price threads keep getting locked, for no apparent reason? :confused:

Comments

• fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Willow33 wrote: »
    Of an explanation as to why the Katie Price threads keep getting locked, for no apparent reason? :confused:

If you find out can you let me know too please.
  • Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You think that will help>?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    If you find out can you let me know too please.

Wake me up when you find out,

On a side note, perhaps getting Peter Andre threads locked up as well would level the field.....
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I does seem very strange. Maybe a phantom alerter is on the loose. :eek: Though the last 2 threads contained nothing out of the ordinary. :confused:
  • Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I does seem very strange. Maybe a phantom alerter is on the loose. :eek: Though the last 2 threads contained nothing out of the ordinary. :confused:

No doubt this thread will be alerted too.
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If there's something in the threads she doesn't want people to see then getting them closed seems self-defeating as it's like putting up a big pink neon sign saying 'READ THIS'. Couldn't see anything wrong in the way posters were behaving in the last couple closed as they were good humoured and uncontroversial.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's all very odd. A thread reappeared earlier with the last two and a half years worth of posts removed, then was promptly locked again after about three new posts, none of which contained anything lockworthy that I could see...unless mentioning a hairdryer with a ferrari engine is against the DS Ts&Cs :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maybe KP's lawyers got in touch.........
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maybe KP's lawyers got in touch.........

Yes you could be right, someone has probably told Katie that there are threads here about her, and you know Katie, she doesn't like people talking about her or being "out there" ;)
    She has gone all shy you know
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member

Do you mean we have to use that form to ask? - Sorry if that's a daft question - still new to this.
    I don't understand why either, particularly not the thread Willow started. I would have expected some kind of notification or explanation being given to the OP - obviously not as Willow is asking the question!
    I havn't posted on the PA thread but have read through it - I was shocked at what was allowed on there. I wouldn't post on it as it seems if you say anything vaguely in defence of PA you don't just get shot down in flames but incinerated?!
    It's difficult as a newbie to work out what is and isn't allowed - and no - reading the rules isn't any help when they seem so 'rubbery'!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jessica_H wrote: »
    Do you mean we have to use that form to ask? - Sorry if that's a daft question - still new to this.
    I don't understand why either, particularly not the thread Willow started. I would have expected some kind of notification or explanation being given to the OP - obviously not as Willow is asking the question!
    I havn't posted on the PA thread but have read through it - I was shocked at what was allowed on there. I wouldn't post on it as it seems if you say anything vaguely in defence of PA you don't just get shot down in flames but incinerated?!
    It's difficult as a newbie to work out what is and isn't allowed - and no - reading the rules isn't any help when they seem so 'rubbery'!

This.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jessica_H wrote: »

Yes.:)

I don't understand why the OP is asking the posters because the likelihood of any of us knowing the answer is zilch imho.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Willow33 wrote: »
    No doubt this thread will be alerted too.

It's probably on the chopping block as we type.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't understand why the OP is asking the posters because the likelihood of any of us knowing the answer is zilch imho.

Well you don't care, in your mind it's a victory....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member

Thanks. I'll give it a try.
    No harm in Willow putting the question out there/here. It seems we are all in the dark.
  • fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if there is a legal issue re; a tweet sent by KP about a magazine.

That's my bet at the moment and perhaps if we don't mention it any further the thread may remain.
    I wouldn't be too hasty in assuming posters have been alerting - after all we can all alert til the cows come home, but the mods will only lock a thread if they see fit surely :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well you don't care, in your mind it's a victory....

What on earth are you talking about?:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'll explain then...
    First of all I didn't know a "form" had to be filled in.

Secondly, some posters are on here years, they know more than I do.. I really don't see what the big deal is about my thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if there is a legal issue re; a tweet sent by KP about a magazine.

That's my bet at the moment and perhaps if we don't mention it any further the thread may remain.
    I wouldn't be too hasty in assuming posters have been alerting - after all we can all alert til the cows come home, but the mods will only lock a thread if they see fit surely :confused:

Some people can be very persuasive. ;) Threads are usually locked (without explanation) if it has been reported (usually by more than one person) If there is a specific subject that should not be discussed, the moderators usually say what it is, and remove individual posts accordingly.

I am baffled, as nothing out of the ordinary has been discussed, yet numerous threads about KP have now been locked (without any explanation) This suggests they're being alerted.
  • fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people can be very persuasive. ;) Threads are usually locked (without explanation) if it has been reported (usually by more than one person) If there is a specific subject that should not be discussed, the moderators usually say what it is, and remove individual posts accordingly.

I am baffled, as nothing out of the ordinary has been discussed, yet numerous threads about KP have now been locked (without any explanation)

Hmm. I don't know Jimmy...surely threads don't just get shut because someone alerts and there isn't a valid reason for the alert :confused:

Anyway, I suppose the more we talk about it the more likely it being closed................so, anything interesting happening with MOTY apart from her latest jealous and snide remarks about Kelly Brooke?.. I often feel the plastic one's sole brain cell went into deep freeze at the age of 12....but that would be insulting to 12yr olds.
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    It's all very odd. A thread reappeared earlier with the last two and a half years worth of posts removed, then was promptly locked again after about three new posts, none of which contained anything lockworthy that I could see...unless mentioning a hairdryer with a ferrari engine is against the DS Ts&Cs :confused:

I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary on the threads, I read them after they were locked as I wasn't on here when they were live.

I can only think that the mention of Ferrari alerted someone at Maranello that pricey had mentioned Ferrari and in horror they complained as they didn't want to see a pink Ferrari on the streets of Brighton:) or be associated with her. No doubt normal service was resumed once they knew it was about a hairdryer!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. I don't know Jimmy...surely threads don't just get shut because someone alerts and there isn't a valid reason for the alert :confused:

Anyway, I suppose the more we talk about it the more likely it being closed................so, anything interesting happening with MOTY apart from her latest jealous and snide remarks about Kelly Brooke?.. I often feel the plastic one's sole brain cell went into deep freeze at the age of 12....but that would be insulting to 12yr olds.

Yes, maybe you're right, least said about it the better. It's a strange conundrum. :)

I have not heard anything about the lady in question for a few days now.
  • auntiemauntiem Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    I have a feeling that KP has a legal case coming up somewhere and her lawyers requested the threads to be removed for fear of prejudicing her case.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    auntiem wrote: »
    I have a feeling that KP has a legal case coming up somewhere and her lawyers requested the threads to be removed for fear of prejudicing her case.

That sounds quite feasible.
    Just wonder why the mods didn't put a stickie up.:confused:
This discussion has been closed.