Options

Which programmes have you lost interest in ?

Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
Forum Member
✭✭
Are there any recent programmes you have started watching, and then lost interest in ?
American or British.

I started watching "Under The Dome"
The first episode really gripped me and I was really waiting for the second part. I watched it and the desire to watch it just dissolved !
I tried to get back into it with the third part but I just couldn't be bothered !

I'm still hanging on in there with Wentworth Prison !

Comments

• Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    Doc Martin. This series is dire :(
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I went off Waterloo Road when Micheal was head teacher but now he's gone I like it again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Come dine with me, I think it's been flogged to death. A lot of the intros say, I don't like ( a certain type of person) then the next contestant comes on and is exactly that sort of person!!! All a little too contrived these days.
  • Options
    quatroquatro Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Location. location, location.
    Phil tries to appeal to the lowest common denominator with his feeble smutty attempts at humour.
    The formula doesn't vary - I could be watching a programme from 2007 or 2013, there's not much difference except in Kirsty's coats.

The budget are too high for ordinary people to be able to identify with, and the people are often [though not always by any means] stuck up, and expect too much.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Downton Abbey.
  • Options
    quatroquatro Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osca1 wrote: »
    Come dine with me, I think it's been flogged to death. A lot of the intros say, I don't like ( a certain type of person) then the next contestant comes on and is exactly that sort of person!!! All a little too contrived these days.

Yes, definitely. This programme is spoilt in my opinion by the awful commentary by Dave Lamb, so predictable and detracts from the programme, it doesn't add to it.

The formula of contestants, as you say, geared to be in conflict with another is very tired.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    Falling Skies. The producers of these programmes should really get a grip of when to stop. It jumped the shark ages ago for me. It's the same old same old every week. I'm really hoping The Walking Dead doesn't go the same way.

Also lost interest in all the Grand Design, Location Location Location, Homes in the sun type programmes too.

Also all the endless cookery shows, aside from Masterchef.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Walking Dead.
    All the soaps - Corrie, Eastenders, Emmerdale.
    Celebrity Big Brother (although its now over, I really only managed to watch the first 3 episodes then switched off)
  • Options
    mustard99mustard99 Posts: 2,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Downton Abbey.

Yep. Can get no enthusiasm going at all for the new series.
  • Options
    NewWorldManNewWorldMan Posts: 4,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Downton Abbey.

I will probably give it a go but really it should have ended by now.
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I started watching the sci-fi show Revolution but gave up after 4 or so episodes. It was boring and I didn't like most of the characters
  • Options
    Sam WalkerSam Walker Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    I used to watch Countdown quite a lot, but not so much now. It's on too early (move it back to 4:30pm where it used to be, or thereabouts) and I find it too long. Such a shame, it was one of the first programmes I watched :(
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I drifted away from 'New Girl' towards the end of the second season. I think I've still got about half a dozen episodes stacked up to watch.
  • Options
    fiveinabedfiveinabed Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, yes ... Come Dine With Me, for the reasons already mentioned. I still have it switched on cos there are occasional gems by Dave Lamb which make it worth the effort, but it's usually just on the background while I do other stuff.

I do think DL's over-exuberance when he talks about the online scrapbook is an intentional emphasis requested by the director though. Would anyone even remember the phrase 'online scrapbook' if they didn't hear it in that voice of his? I think the TV company are trying to promote the use of the online scrapbook concept, for advertising or other purposes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Have I Got News for You. I still watch it through loyalty and generally find it funny, though I can't help but feel it's lost the edge it had when Angus Deayton was in the chair. I know the satire had the BBC's lawyers pulling their hair out but for the viewers it was cracking. The humour was free-flowing and Angus, Ian and Paul bounced off each other so well. Now it feels forced and you can often guess what will be said next.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to watch Casualty religiously, then one week I had to record it, come the following Saturday I hadn't watched it so recorded that one......and the next......and the next. Before I knew it I was five weeks behind, everytime I went to watch programmes to clear space on my box I would watch other shows, then I felt I just couldn't be bothered to watch it anymore and deleted all five episodes off my box without watching them and have not watched it since then.
  • Options
    AerrowAerrow Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    I've lost interest in ITV4's highlights coverage of the Tour of Britain. I must have watched over half an hour of it so far this week, yet I've still to see anybody riding a bike in anger. All you get is an assortment of iron-faced bores standing about in the rain, chewing the fat. I'm beginning to suspect that there's not actually any bicycle race going on at all. Hopeless. As poor as the Tour de France is good.
  • Options
    Neil_NortonNeil_Norton Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    All the soaps: Bad acting and the same things in circles.
    Don't Tell The Bride - Its just predictable. All the freaks have been covered. All the snobs have been covered. Why not let someone on a low income plan their wedding instead of those with the funds?
    Waterloo Road - Chalkie leaving ended it for me plus the stereotype of the Scouser Barry family as crooks. The vast majority of Scousers are law abiding people ffs.
  • Options
    Neil_NortonNeil_Norton Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    Come Dine With Me - Its Big Brother for the middle and upper classes. Used to be a serious show about food. Now its a freakshow.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    Sam Walker wrote: »
    I used to watch Countdown quite a lot, but not so much now. It's on too early (move it back to 4:30pm where it used to be, or thereabouts) and I find it too long. Such a shame, it was one of the first programmes I watched :(

I stopped watching when Richard Whiteley died :(
  • Options
    clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    Dragons Den - used to be a must see but find it deadly these days.

Hannibal - just couldn't keep up any interest in it after the first few episodes.

Celebrity Juice - its the same joke, over and over and over again.

Deal or no Deal - Edmonds sense of self importance and insistence that the game consists of something other than people opening boxes became unwatchable, along with the ridiculous themed weeks and increase in the length per episode. And the contestants grated as well.
  • Options
    Fieldmouse83Fieldmouse83 Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to watch Eastenders and Brookside never liked any other. Got fed up with silly storylines and people being written out. Last episode of Brookside around 2001 or so was the last soap I ever watched and I have no regrets - good riddance to the lot cos they are all moronic and every charactor behaves like a young teen whatever their age. Good riddance..
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I stopped watching most things. At the moment I am watching "Three Up, Two Down" again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Deal or no deal. It's sooo fake now and what's with all the themed events ? Contestants crying for each other, like they've been lifelong friends when it's probably been about a month if that !! Get a grip.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I used to watch Eastenders and Brookside never liked any other. Got fed up with silly storylines and people being written out. Last episode of Brookside around 2001 or so was the last soap I ever watched and I have no regrets - good riddance to the lot cos they are all moronic and every charactor behaves like a young teen whatever their age. Good riddance..

I agree. I started watching EastEnders regularly in Summer 2010 and gave up last year. Like you, Fieldmouse, I don't regret it. The storylines got too repetitive and depressing. I think since all the soaps went four/five days a week, they run out of ideas and end up repeating the same old dross. I would say go back to two/three per week, but there would be an uprising.