Jake Wood leaving EastEnders?

KBambiKBambi Posts: 3,425
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Jake has updated his Twitter bio with:

2015- a year of huge changes ahead. Watch this space.........Agent- http://www.conwayvangeldergrant.com ...........................PAs- http://www.bigbang.co.uk

https://twitter.com/mrjakedwood

Wonder if this means he's leaving soon?

Comments

• SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Maybe he will take a break to do a few side projects.
    Hopefully anyway, im not overly fond of Max but Jake is a strong actor.
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its certainly very intriguing
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope not, he's a Walford legend.

I doubt he will though. He's said so many times that he's happy on EastEnders. Jo Joyner will also probably be returning soon, as well as Jacqueline Jossa.
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    If he is, then it must be true about DTC having a cast clearout this Summer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    If he is, then it must be true about DTC having a cast clearout this Summer.

Well I think that if there's going to be a clear out, then Les, Pam & Lee should go before anyone!
  • funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,350
    Forum Member
    Wasn't he in Red Dwarf? Wouldn't he want to be involved with the new series?

Maybe that's why?
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    lou_123 wrote: »
    Well I think that if there's going to be a clear out, then Les, Pam & Lee should go before anyone!
    The Coker son is coming in so Pam and Les are going no where.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't see him leaving he has been very vocal on his loyalty to Eastenders however I could see him taking a break to do other things and possibly return with Jo Joyner.
  • PEARLY331PEARLY331 Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good. The feet shuffling gets on my nerves.

Regards
    Pearl
  • imawotsitimawotsit Posts: 401
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't be surprised. It's like they've run out of ideas for his character. This could be what him losing his business leads to.

Don't forget Fatboy, Lola, Whitney and Abi.
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    Jake is a brilliant actor and Max is a legend. Max has been one of a few EastEnders icons in the last few years.

Jake loves EastEnders and always stated he wants to stay for years to come and very happy on the show and Dom won't sack either. Axing Jake is like axing Steve Mc Fadden. It's just not going to happen!
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Jake is a brilliant actor and Max is a legend. Max has been one of a few EastEnders icons in the last few years.

Jake loves EastEnders and always stated he wants to stay for years to come and very happy on the show and Dom won't sack either. Axing Jake is like axing Steve Mc Fadden. It's just not going to happen!

Don't get my hopes up :p I'll settle for one of them going.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,269
    Forum Member
    I bloody hope not! Jake is one of the best in EE/soap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    The Coker son is coming in so Pam and Les are going no where.

Great :(
  • LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope he isn't leaving. Jake is one of the best actors in the show and although the character of Max has potential to be repetitive he is also capable of great things. His brief one-upmanship of the Mitchells earlier this year was brilliant, just a shame it didn't last and we were dished an unrealistic storyline that saw Phil get his business back.
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    has anyone considered they may have all been asked to remove reference to eastenders from their bio's?

Its just that if not mentioning EE in your bio means your leaving then its Jake, shona, danny dyer, maddie hill, shane richie, dam woodyatt, laurie brett, natalie cassidy

Pretty big clear out.!
  • ALowsleyALowsley Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't see him leaving. Jake Wood has always said he is very committed to the show. Maybe he will take a break but I will be very surprised if he's leaving.
  • Poplife04Poplife04 Posts: 308
    Forum Member

Really irks me when people post comment like this,

Yes I agree characters who have been in the soap for a few years and have been loyal should be kept and are part of the history of the soap, but it doesn't mean they can just keep going round in circles just because they are loyal or part of the furniture. New characters like Les, Pam and Lee haven't had time to shine yet, we NEED new characters to be continue making those characters who will be with the soap in years to come and keep the soap fresh. People moan when the soap is boring, but hate any new blood being given time to settle in. I'm not saying axe every character who's been in it for however long, but calling for the axe for anyone who hasn't been it for more than a year, isn't the way to go.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great :(

think he is going to be the gay character that was mentioned as coming in

new boyfriend for ben
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »
    think he is going to be the gay character that was mentioned as coming in

new boyfriend for ben

It's not even that. Maybe Paul has potential, however Les & Pam's development in the past 13 months has been shockingly bad!
  • Essex_BoyEssex_Boy Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    has anyone considered they may have all been asked to remove reference to eastenders from their bio's?

Its just that if not mentioning EE in your bio means your leaving then its Jake, shona, danny dyer, maddie hill, shane richie, dam woodyatt, laurie brett, natalie cassidy

Pretty big clear out.!
    Init lmfao
  • Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Pretty big clear out.!

Agree with this.
  • Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They need to give him a long lost Son
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    They need to give him a long lost Son

all the sleeping around he has done it would make sense for the long lost son storyline to be his and not kats
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not even that. Maybe Paul has potential, however Les & Pam's development in the past 13 months has been shockingly bad!

thank god, the less screentime the better. pam is far too chirpy and cheerful for my liking tho I am dreading the weeks of crying when she finds out about what he has been up to