Pokemon X and Y

1181920212224»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't nintendo release a proper pokemon game on Wii U a new adventure with updated graphics. That would sell bucket loads.
  • KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bob2005 wrote: »
    Why don't nintendo release a proper pokemon game on Wii U a new adventure with updated graphics. That would sell bucket loads.

If it was a proper game, a massive pokemon game with the elite four and everything i would buy a Wii U just for that.
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it was a proper game, a massive pokemon game with the elite four and everything i would buy a Wii U just for that.

Yep - Pokemon would be about the only thing that would make me buy a Wii U - but it would have to be an epic Pokemon game.

As a side note - my shiny Sylveon with Pixalate is leveling up nicely. All pretty and blue where is should be pink :) Named it Tinlerbeau (I have another male sylveon called Jorgen already ;) )

Think my battle team is going to end up Sylveon, Greninja,, Snorlax, Mawile, Electrive and Gengar. Any comments/suggestions?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think my battle team is going to end up Sylveon, Greninja,, Snorlax, Mawile, Electrive and Gengar. Any comments/suggestions?

What's your tactic? Like i have Skarmory to start off damage with Stealth Rock and Spikes and he can phaze too with Roar (I forgot to breed Whirlwind onto him). I then have a baton passer to make Machamp almost unstoppable. Mega gengar for my special attacking sweeer. I then have Chansey as a wall and Dragonite as a tank. It's all rounded off with many different move types on them, particularly Gengar and Dragonite.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Pokemon RPG seems taylor made for the Wii U, Nintendo need to exploit this surely at some point.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bob2005 wrote: »
    A Pokemon RPG seems taylor made for the Wii U, Nintendo need to exploit this surely at some point.

It's down to GameFreak thuogh not Nintendo. I think I read something ages ago too that was an interview with Masuda and he said how he loves the Pokemon games being on handheld consoles because it's as if they are real and they can be carried around in people's pockets and if two trainers come across each other in the real world they can pull it out and battle there and then. So as long as he's involved I can't see it going on to home consoles which is a real shame.

Also by the sounds of this I want to go and live in Japan if everyone carries around their 3DS to have a pokemon battle wherever they are :D
  • Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    Yeah, GameFreak have insisted they will never move the main series to home consoles. They will always make the main series on the handheld consoles. I for one don't want it to either, I mean, having the games with you wherever you go (if you carry around your 3DS that is haha) and playing on them when you haven't got anything to do.
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    I have completed the National Dex for Pokemon Y, the first time I have ever completed a National Dex, I have also received the Shiny Charm from Professor Sycamore in Lumiose City
    Forum Member
    Just caught a Shiny Mime Jr. in reflecting cave on Pokemon X.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's your tactic? Like i have Skarmory to start off damage with Stealth Rock and Spikes and he can phaze too with Roar (I forgot to breed Whirlwind onto him). I then have a baton passer to make Machamp almost unstoppable. Mega gengar for my special attacking sweeer. I then have Chansey as a wall and Dragonite as a tank. It's all rounded off with many different move types on them, particularly Gengar and Dragonite.

Might have to think a bit more about tactics :D

Plan was to send Greninja out first. If it is something he can can take out with one of his sp Attack moves then great, otherwise utilise his speed and U-turn out of there quick and send in one of the others depending on what we're up against.

Not a great plan:blush: Which will be why I keep getting beaton by 8 year olds :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might have to think a bit more about tactics :D

Plan was to send Greninja out first. If it is something he can can take out with one of his sp Attack moves then great, otherwise utilise his speed and U-turn out of there quick and send in one of the others depending on what we're up against.

Not a great plan:blush: Which will be why I keep getting beaton by 8 year olds :cry:

That's not a bad starting tactic :) I like Greninja, its Protean ability us awesome, very popular online. You've got a balanced team too so could be good. I'm not sure on the best way to run them pokemon as I've not used them myself. Trial and error is the best way to figure them out I reckon. Try a few battles and of something isn't working then change its style or drop it completely.

I used to run a Scizor but didn't like it, I changed it around a little and still didn't like it so dropped it altogether. Same with Mega Houndoom.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was wondering if anyone fancied exchanging friend codes with me for the safari? I've been behind with this and don't really have many people added. I've been told I'm dragon.
    My FC is 0834 - 0676 - 2806
    Let me know if you add me so i can add you please :)

Would be very appreciated! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was wondering if anyone fancied exchanging friend codes with me for the safari? I've been behind with this and don't really have many people added. I've been told I'm dragon.

I added your code when you asked last time but to register me as a friend you need to add my code too. My code is 2638-0617-1856
    Forum Member

Have added you, my friend code is 0001-4373-9848
  • wef0undl0vewef0undl0ve Posts: 6,460
    Forum Member

Just come across this forum, added you :) mine is 1049 - 0311 - 6960
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For anyone still playing who hasn't heard, there's a Fancy Pattern Vivillon available through to the 31st July via Mystery Gift.:)
    Forum Member
    Charizard distribution event for Pokémon X & Y taking place at GAME

http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2014/07/10/charizard-distribution-event-pokemon-x-y-taking-place-game/

Charizard distribution event has today been announced at participating GAME stores across the UK, helping to mark the launch of the Pokémon TCG: XY – Flashfire expansion.

Running between 11th July – 10th August 2014, eager Pokémon Trainers can visit their local store to receive Charizard for either Pokémon X or Pokémon Y. Players should remember to bring their 3DS or 2DS and copy of the game, with Charizard downloadable through Nintendo Zone or by using a special code printed at the till.

Those with Pokémon X will receive a Charizard holding a Charizardite Y Mega Stone, whereas the one that Pokémon Y players get will hold a Charizardite X. This is a reversal on what players can normally discover within their games, and another chance to witness Mega Evolution!
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For anyone still playing who hasn't heard, there's a Fancy Pattern Vivillon available through to the 31st July via Mystery Gift.:)

And we've got a new one - a Poke Ball pattern Vivillon via the same method. You've got to be quick, though - it's only available until 8th September.
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big news - Shiny Gengar and Diancie events announced for the United Kingdom.

Shiny Gengar, plus Gengarite, available via serial code given at Game stores between October 15th and November 5th.

Diancie will be available via the same method between November 6th and 28th.

So we'll all be able to have a legit Diancie before the end of the year (and we'll be able to use the Diancite available in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire).

See Bulbapedia for more information, although I've pretty much stated everything already.
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Just a quick random rant...

With Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire out soon, I really hope they add a 6v6 battle option to the free and rated battle modes. Combing through the passerbys to try and find one who wants a battle, only to get rejected is laborious and annoying.

For some reason, I'd get no requests, despite changing my shoutout to '6v6 battle?', then the moment I give up and fight in the maison, I am bombarded with messages asking for 6v6 battles! Seems like some fault in the game. I'm not sure why it even tells you, when it doesn't even give you the option to leave the maison and fight them? By the time I leave the maison, the request is gone.

Would also really like to see a 6v6 option for the maison/ tower and less/ no hax in the maison either, it's just not necessary, and perhaps a mode that allows legends in the maison too. I'd still probably mostly challenge the mode that bans them, but it'd be nice to at least have the option of using them/ fighting them, as well as using ordinary pokes, so I can at least get some use out of the legends.
    Forum Member
    from Serebii.net

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Darkrai Event

Following its initial reveal yesterday, GAME have revealed further details for the Darkrai event. This Serial Code event is confirmed to be able to be distributed to all Generation VI games: Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. We'll bring more, including an end date, as it comes.
  • Rossby41Rossby41 Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    May seem like a daft question, but where do I get the Charizardite X in Pokemon X.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rossby41 wrote: »
    May seem like a daft question, but where do I get the Charizardite X in Pokemon X.

IIRC, the Stone Emporium in Lumiose unless you chose Charmander from Prof Sycamore - he'll have given you Charizardite X as well.

To get it from the Stone Emporium I think you have to have finished the main game. It's very expensive unless you have maximum cool :D

Charizardite Y came with the event Charizard for X

(All visa versa for Y :D )