The Blacklist S3 UK Pace - Sky Living, Fridays

Comments

• MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I actually felt it was a bit lacking as a backdoor pilot as I expecting it to show how Tom ends up joining Scottie's team but instead it was the relationship between Red and Scottie which should be part of it but not dominate it!

I also expected to get to know Scottie team as well but you just saw them however with no introduction or speaking parts

It was the strangest backdoor pilot that I've watched on US TV

Although Scottie did feature in the previous episode as well and would be very surprised if she doesn't pop up in The Blacklist before the end of this season!
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those who tom is with, are they gonna be the team that's in the spin off?
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So do we believe what Red said about Tom and Scottie, or did he make it up to manipulate Tom? It seems a bit of a coincidence if its true.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sticking with it 'cos I've come this far but I'm not enjoying it anymore .

• marieukxxmarieukxx Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why do we need a spinoff which will basically be the same as the blacklist but with Scootie as Red and Tom as Liz?

Tbh I think it's gone rubbish, we need to shift the focus back to Red.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    marieukxx wrote: »
    why do we need a spinoff which will basically be the same as the blacklist but with Scootie as Red and Tom as Liz?

Tbh I think it's gone rubbish, we need to shift the focus back to Red.

Not really, I might give it a watch if I have time but The Blacklist was always about Spader.

It's all getting a bit too contrived now. Tom thought Scottie was Liz's mother. Red now says Scottie is Tom's mother. Tom was happy to work with the contractors who 'killed' Liz. Red also using the contractors when at the end it seemed he knew Kirk all along and probably could have had his own team do everything leading up to this point - oh but then we wouldn't have Scottie or Solomon.

Why do these professionally trained assassins keep letting people go. Tom, don't just shoot a guy in the stomach and leave him there. Put a couple though his brains to make sure.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Not really, I might give it a watch if I have time but The Blacklist was always about Spader.

It's all getting a bit too contrived now. Tom thought Scottie was Liz's mother. Red now says Scottie is Tom's mother. Tom was happy to work with the contractors who 'killed' Liz. Red also using the contractors when at the end it seemed he knew Kirk all along and probably could have had his own team do everything leading up to this point - oh but then we wouldn't have Scottie or Solomon.

Why do these professionally trained assassins keep letting people go. Tom, don't just shoot a guy in the stomach and leave him there. Put a couple though his brains to make sure.

Had Solomon not been in the spin-off then I'm sure he would of.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Had Solomon not been in the spin-off then I'm sure he would of.

That's why I said it's getting too contrived. It was a shock losing Liz but I;m sure she's pop up alive and well in the next season.

We know Tom, Scottie and Solomon are in the spin off so they're writing in stupid things to get them to that point.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,699
    Forum Member
    Are we sure that it wasn't this episode that was the 'pilot' for the new show as it certainly felt more like it than last weeks!
  • orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ludicrous episode....

it looks like mid-season the "feed back" was "we don't care about the blacklist anymore, the stories have got too stupid, characters have acted out of their previous mindset & their inconsistent decisions were to fit script writers "visual set pieces" in rather than likely story flow if they behaved as "previously likely to."
    the feedback i bet said they still liked the "action" and some of the 2d edgy characters - basically the series 2 (post mid season break) & all of series 3 tweaks for "demographic expansion" made to the initial series set up became the thing that they have found is talking to the audience they want to keep. so they get spun them off.

the blacklist may be greenlit for another season but it is, in the style of the writers metaphor - at "stage 3" it just became a booster rocket to launch a far more "traditional" "department of off-net wrong righters" spin off, who from their advanced secret base will fix the wrongs of the world... an updated "equalizer, knight rider/ blue thunder/airwolf, mission impossible" style show with a politically charged "oh so luscious filmed" theme. the blacklist will now fall away once the payload is separated and after seeing if it still had some legs is bound to be cancelled mid season.

susan hargreave is the "alternative red" and tom has become the "looking for my past" replacement for liz... the spin off is the "blacklist" rebooted. with more door kicking basic action and a little of the old "why" story blacklist was launched with and a bit of solomon upsetting the team every now and again. tom knows his mum is susan but must keep that a secret, while liz thought red was her dad and... oh, it's a reboot isn't it. as for the blacklist? the core story has gone since liz died. it has no point left (so liz has to be a faked death and return series 4, having protected her life while the person who sent susan's company after her is dealt with... no red / liz question no show)

the american network recently "blinked" in the scheduling and moved the slot the blacklist was in to another day... it's decline is now certain.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great ending.
    I think most people already knew liz faked her death.
    next season will be interesting. Wondering if it will be the final season though.
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great ending.
    I think most people already knew liz faked her death.
    next season will be interesting. Wondering if it will be the final season though.

Yeah, what a shock. Not! ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad they let us know Lizzie was alive in this season. Although it makes the two episodes they spent grieving even more annoying. I thought Kirk seemed a bit young to be her dad, but apparently the actor is 20 years older than Megan so I guess it works.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    I'm glad they let us know Lizzie was alive in this season. Although it makes the two episodes they spent grieving even more annoying. I thought Kirk seemed a bit young to be her dad, but apparently the actor is 20 years older than Megan so I guess it works.

Actually thought that myself that he was too young. Wondering if Liz will stay in blacklist or join tom in the spin off?
  • brianecclestonbrianeccleston Posts: 7,960
    Forum Member
    ludicrous episode....

the american network recently "blinked" in the scheduling and moved the slot the blacklist was in to another day... it's decline is now certain.

The Blacklist has not moved day on the american network at all. It will still air on a thursday on NBC but has moved from 9pm to 10pm as it will air after Chicago Med.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wondering if Liz will stay in blacklist or join tom in the spin off?
    The Blacklist is surely defined by Liz and Red, so I'd expect her to stay. Presumably next season will be about her (biological) father and his interactions with Reddington. Tom's show will presumably be about him and his parentage. I don't know how it would work with them being married; maybe there will be a lot of cross-overs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Blacklist has not moved day on the american network at all. It will still air on a thursday on NBC but has moved from 9pm to 10pm as it will air after Chicago Med.

sorry, but the point is still the same...
    they blinked and gave up the slot... that means it is in decline
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daft ending because as ever all the characters "acted out of character" in order for the story to happen.

next series will make it to the half way point and be scrapped.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^ Which characters acted out of character, and why?
  • brianecclestonbrianeccleston Posts: 7,960
    Forum Member
    sorry, but the point is still the same...
    they blinked and gave up the slot... that means it is in decline

I dont quite know how you can say that its in decline just because they have changed the time. Its the 22nd most watched program of the whole season and has been given a spinoff as well. Networks quite often change times so that they can fit other shows in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont quite know how you can say that its in decline just because they have changed the time. Its the 22nd most watched program of the whole season and has been given a spinoff as well. Networks quite often change times so that they can fit other shows in.

that is the point.
    they moved blacklist because it was no longer the draw it was... they slid something else in to "fight the fight" in the slot it had, and moved blacklist back so once the other show "caught" viewers it would have benefited from that other show and kept them on the channel
    (the 22nd sort of comment is irrelevant when the "cost" and the "profile" of the show is meant to be better. don't forget... it is no longer fighting the fight in the slot it was made for.& costed for. it's been moved.. that is always the first sign of being on a new downward trend and it means it wont get the "push" or the investment.. it is no longer in the driving seat.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    ^^ Which characters acted out of character, and why?

you think the logic each displayed in series 1 has remained constant?
    in the second half of series 2 and all the way through series 3 the characters all "did 180s" on what they would have previously done in order for the script writers to make the "set pieces" fit in...
    liz became an airhead that flip flopped massively... yet originally she was a very ordered mind - one that was a exceptionally careful & brilliant analyst... suddenly acts the exact opposite, missing details in the things that lead her to do what she did.
    ressler made so many "judgement stance" flips he was like a compass next to a spinning magnet
    aram and meera also flipped stance / morals to fit the situation in order to create the error or the action needed for the next scene.

as i said before, red's fake red was pathetic because red's ilk would have suspected fake red as being red's fake in that situation. but while some can only think of one chess move at a time so accepted it as plausible, i was proven "right" with the storyline fail when a judge required for a warrant refused it and gave a hint that he knew red was working for the fbi (which was in relation to the double standards of the person asking for the warrant)... if he knew of the rumours red was working for the fbi so would the people around the table in the fake red scene. it was a stupid storyline that did not hold water to the previous character builds.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    but i have greg laswell's "dodged a bullet" added to my current google music playlist... :p
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well
    she returned rather quicker than I expected , and why did they put Mega Boo's name in the opening credits ? bit of a giveaway .

• carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,699
    Forum Member
    and why did they put Mega Boo's name in the opening credits ? bit of a giveaway
    Her name was also in the episodes she wasn't in; ie when she was supposedly dead. Probably contractual. Some things you just can't avoid :)