Person of Interest - Season 4 (UK Pace - No Spoilers)

Comments

• VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So Anthony (Scarface) made his exit - he and Elias must be some of the most sympathetic gangsters in television history. That was also a poignant scene were he was remembering all of the (sexual?) abuse that they suffered.

Was this the first time we found out what Scarface's real name was?
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Was this the first time we found out what Scarface's real name was?

I think Elias has called him that before but I cannot be sure about it. :)

Anyway I watched the best bits of that episode several times - Anthony certainly went out with great bravery and style.

Did anyone notice when Dominic was talking about Pi - the brilliant professor that he was referring to was Harold?

So he was sat at the back quietly taking notice.

A very clever bit of writing. :)

This was the episode.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2558980/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl
  • Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, *that* I did not expect!

Also, "what the hell" :D
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It had been mentioned around DS that this was happening, it's just I didn't expect to happen the way it did.

Glad they managed to save the sketch though.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Gutted :cry:
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,587
    Forum Member
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    It had been mentioned around DS that this was happening, it's just I didn't expect to happen the way it did.
    Indeed. Was expecting it at some point but, as you say, it was still a shock. From a purely superficial POV that's another hot lady out of the series :(

That said, my fave episode of the season I think. Loved the bit where ... how to describe it... they didn't speak the dialogue but the style of delivery.

Also..."why not. we're in a simulation" (Potentially paraphrased)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

That said, my fave episode of the season I think. Loved the bit where ... how to describe it... they didn't speak the dialogue but the style of delivery.

Also..."why not. we're in a simulation" (Potentially paraphrased)

Both those things were absolutely hilarious
  • Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    By far the best episode of the season and potentially the whole series.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so is shaw dead
    If so why does it say the hunt for her takes root and Reese to a small town? The way POI is at the Moment I suppose anything could happen.
    Forum Member
    I guess we'll just have to watch it to see what happens :)

According to her IMDB entry...
    ...she does appear (un-credited) in one more ep this year and a couple next.No idea what that's about but assume that next years are possibly flash-backs.
  • JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,656
    Forum Member
    TJust caught up with this week's. :(

What an episode though. This show is amazing.
    Indeed. Was expecting it at some point but, as you say, it was still a shock. From a purely superficial POV that's another hot lady out of the series :(
    Possibly the sexiest woman on TV. My Shaw/Root fantasies will still continue. ;-)
  • PerfectMarkPerfectMark Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    I guess we'll just have to watch it to see what happens :)

According to her IMDB entry...
    ...she does appear (un-credited) in one more ep this year and a couple next.No idea what that's about but assume that next years are possibly flash-backs.
    notice how they didn't show the final gun shot, I suspect she is still alive and Samaritan will use her as bait or something
    Forum Member
    You may be right. Or not :)
    Actually no. She has definitely left the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joooe wrote: »
    TJust caught up with this week's. :(

What an episode though. This show is amazing.

Possibly the sexiest woman on TV. My Shaw/Root fantasies will still continue. ;-)

They are possibly the sexiest assassin and killer for hire/computer genius on TV. ;-)

Just caught up with this last night.

I am still not sure Sameen is dead though as we did not see the final headshot.

It was yet another cracking episode and I did laugh when Lionel kissed Root. Very clever writing - I loved the idea of The Machine running through various simulations at extremely high speed.

Great stuff.
  • petestanpetestan Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So no one has commented yet about Monday Night's two episodes is everyone to busy complaining about The Walking Dead finale? Sameen is not dead YET. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sexy sociopath Sameen is still alive. :D

Another cracking couple of episodes and I always enjoy it when Fusco gets a little storyline of his own.

I wonder if they are ever going to tell him about The Machine and Samaritan - surely he deserves to know by now?
  • Stone FreeStone Free Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sexy sociopath Sameen is still alive. :D
    I hope they don't turn her back to the dark side!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I wonder if they are ever going to tell him about The Machine and Samaritan - surely he deserves to know by now?

In the first of last night's episode Harold and Reese decided to try and keep Fusco out of the loop as things were getting too dangerous. It didn't work as he still wanted to help them.
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am beginning to see why it started to fail in the US (relatively speaking before anyone starts quoting statistics to say how great it was doing) they are trying a little too hard in the moral ambiguity stakes and frankly flipping returning characters can confuse audiences.

Although to me the plots of both last nights episodes were a little too obvious. Too quote the Bard 'The lady doth protest too much, methinks'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    In the first of last night's episode Harold and Reese decided to try and keep Fusco out of the loop as things were getting too dangerous. It didn't work as he still wanted to help them.

Fusco is such a great character, what an incredible journey from villain to hero.

Found this on Youtube - not watched part two in case any fights are in episodes I have not seen yet.

The best is saved until last - well done Lionel! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWZLHz1VfVs
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another couple of cracking episodes leading up to the series finale on Monday.

The first featuring Reece and his hallucination of Joss was very poignant and the second with the always excellent Elias, his arch enemy Dominic, the utterly ruthless Control and then Root snapping the neck of Martine was highly entertaining.

So the Machine has revealed it's location to Samaritan in order to save human lives (including it's creator) - let the battle of the secular Gods commence!
    Forum Member
    I actually appreciate C5 showing then in double-headers and - more importantly - not putting a six-month gap in the middle.
  • 00tommo00tommo Posts: 2,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So after tonight's finale when are we thinking Channel 5 will show the final season? I'm hopeful that it will be this year but that may be hugely wishful thinking! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    00tommo wrote: »
    So after tonight's finale when are we thinking Channel 5 will show the final season? I'm hopeful that it will be this year but that may be hugely wishful thinking! :D

Let's hope so.

I will be recording it tonight to watch on another day, it will be a cracker - I have no doubt about that. :)
  • MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazing final episode - even had tears in my eyes for the last 5 minutes, hope we get to see season 5 very soon, though I feel a DVD purchase coming on asap