Hollyoaks: John Paul storyline

Comments

• dequeendequeen Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Francy wrote: »
    McHay is a reflection of the state of the show right now. The show isn't able to produce anything better, at the moment. All the other couples and "romances" on the show are even worse.

Because JP is not Ste, and I (mileages might vary) hold him to a higher standard. Personally, I'm not worried about the show ruining McHay, I'm worried about the show ruining John Paul, and that's what JP sleeping with Porsche's husband would do.

If he has to cheat, at least let him cheat with a man who's not a family member.
    lady_xanax wrote: »
    But cheating with a family member is tradition in Hollyoaks!

Of course it will happen around the time of the HIV. JP will think that he has given Ste HIV having caught it off Lockie. He will falsely and publically accuse Lockie in front of Porsche who will split with Lockie and disown JP. Myra et. al will also disown him.
    It may be, but so far JP has managed to stay above it.

John Paul is the nice, moral (but not saintly, and still flawed), serious member of his family. If you take that away from the character and turn him into the usual soap scumbag who lies and knowingly sleeps with other family members' husbands, there's no point for his character anymore, and he can just f*** off.

He is not a funny character, he's not a sex symbol, he's not a womanizer, he's not a gangster/criminal, he's not the most charismatic character. What he has going for himself is his sense of right and wrong (mostly), his being generally a decent person, and someone who has a set of morals and who you can root for.
    People complain that he is dull.... corrupting him into someone who would sleep with his cousin's husband behind his ill husband's back might make him less dull, but it would certainly destroy the character for me, and I'm not sure I would keep following the storyline of a character I don't respect anymore.

With that said, it will probably happen, I'm not naive. I'm just already hating it.

I'm sorry but are we all watching the same soap?!

JP is certainly not above it when it comes to the ways of the Mcqueens in particular his sisters.
    While some of them have had not trouble sleeping with each others partners/boyfriends/husbands, former partners/ex-boyfriends/ex-husbands, there are ones that have sleep with fathers, brothers and other relations and the one who tops this one is in fact Mr JP Mcqueen who has slept with every man that was important to his new husband!! (Father, dead husband, true soulmate).
    And that he slept with Brendan a mere few hours after his real soulmate left him does not in my book make JP any better than his sisters.
    So while he has not slept with any member of HIS family partners as of yet, for me it's not a big step from anything that he hasn't already done.

I think the only original Mcqueen that did not do any of these things was Jacqui.

It's sad for me because while I would never be a real and proper/big fan of the pairing of JP and Ste in the way that I was with McDean and Stendan, I could have grown to at least like and enjoy them but they just feel under developed, over the top in their angst, too dramatic and unrealistic with their SLs and not really genuine. And then of course yesterday Ste had to say about JP being his soulmate?! In fact that actual word was said again in last nights episode and had me rolling my eyes in it being so unbelievable.
    I know the charcters have to move on but seriously can't they just move and be in love with the next person without having to say that word to seemingly trying to convince me as their viewer that this is the big love of their life because surely if one of the actors decides to leave and the other character moves on, will that new person now become their 'soulmate'.
    In my mind it just diminishes the meaning behind the word when it is thrown about like that.(IMO)

I also think there are no great couples on the show. Any good ones that they did have they have destroyed or they have couples that they just rushed into relationships where they just don't make sense or have any believability in them. The only ones I think I like at the moment is Cindy and Dirk, Holly and Jason but even these two are filled with so much angst and unhappiness.
    HO just don't have a core couple that a lot of people really love. Jack and Frankie were that couple at one time I believe however they were effectively hurt by Frankie and Ziggy's fling and have never recovered.
    Detest Freddie and Lindsey and I can't wait til Joe finds out. I'm probably the only one that really liked Tony and Sinead together. Well anything better than Tony and Diane!

And I hate to admit it but I see a real chemistry between JP and Lockie. Much more than JP and Ste. I just can't imagine that BK would want to completely damage JP's reputation by letting it happen.
    Well we'll know by this time next year how it all turns out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    montferrat wrote: »
    It's unfortunate that JP and Lockie have great sexual chemistry and the writers choose to lump him with Misery Ste instead. That scene in the back of the lorry was filled with great promise and you could feel the attraction.

Instead it's a year more at least of Misery and Mayhem with McHay.

OH, plus we get Sinead, one of the least likable characters on the show, intertwined with their storyline. Even more reason to not look forward to any of this. Meh....

BIB - :p:D
    Love it!
  • FrancyFrancy Posts: 10,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dequeen wrote: »

JP is certainly not above it when it comes to the ways of the Mcqueens in particular his sisters.
    While some of them have had not trouble sleeping with each others partners/boyfriends/husbands, former partners/ex-boyfriends/ex-husbands, there are ones that have sleep with fathers, brothers and other relations and the one who tops this one is in fact Mr JP Mcqueen who has slept with every man that was important to his new husband!! (Father, dead husband, true soulmate).
    And that he slept with Brendan a mere few hours after his real soulmate left him does not in my book make JP any better than his sisters.
    So while he has not slept with any member of HIS family partners as of yet, for me it's not a big step from anything that he hasn't already done.

I think the only original Mcqueen that did not do any of these things was Jacqui.

We must have been watching different shows, indeed. While JP has made mistakes in the past (and will again, he's not perfect), unlike some of the other McQueens he has morals and there are lines he wouldn't cross. The John Paul I know wouldn't steal, blackmail, extort, and he wouldn't sleep with one of his sisters' or cousins' men (not unless a serious personality transplant and a serious character assassination were to occur).

The examples you brought up are irrelevant, sorry!! JP didn't know who Brendan was when they had that stupid one night stand, did he? It was just 2 consenting adults having a one night stand. It's not like he targeted Brendan because he was "Ste's true soulmate" (I hate this concept always more). And it was just HO doing their usual stupid writing. Ste slept with George the day after Brendan went to prison....that's what HO do. It doesn't make me think JP (or Ste) is a ****, it makes me wish the writing for the show wasn't so awful.

With Doug, they were both free agents who could date/sleep with who they wanted. Nothing to say here.

And with Danny, again JP had no idea who he was, he didn't know he was married with children because Danny didn't tell him, and he could never have imagined that he was Ste's father. And JP can't see the future anyway, so he didn't know he would end up involved with Ste.

I don't see anything particularly wrong JP did here. The worst thing he did in his life, imo, is stealing Sarah's boyfriend after having a secret affair behind her back for months, and he felt terrible and hated every second of it.

Stendan fans make such a big deal of JP having slept with all the men in Ste's life (because they have to find contrived reasons to hate on him), but JP didn't do it on purpose, so how is he to blame (unless we want to ****-shame him for having sex with people...)? It's just HO being unnecessarily gross.

So, the JP I know IS above sleeping with Lockie, or any other of his sisters'/cousins' men. It doesn't mean he can't be tempted, but he wouldn't go there.

If he does with Lockie, it's because the writers don't care about character consistency (the usual, plots before characters).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ugh.. terrible thought, inspired by a comment I read on YT.

What if Ste going dark in 2015 and JP's controversial storyline consist of Ste becoming abusive towards JP and beating him up? I can almost see it happening with how submissive and passive JP is with Ste.

:o

Good lord, what a terrible, terrible thought. I hope it's nothing like that!! They wouldn't do that to these characters, would they?? No, they wouldn't!! I'm calm again.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,645
    Forum Member

What if Ste going dark in 2015 and JP's controversial storyline consist of Ste becoming abusive towards JP and beating him up? I can almost see it happening with how submissive and passive JP is with Ste.

Good lord, what a terrible, terrible thought. I hope it's nothing like that!! They wouldn't do that to these characters, would they?? No, they wouldn't!! I'm calm again.
    You know they would. And not in a good way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    You know they would. And not in a good way.

I know... that's why I was trying hard to convince myself. You are not helping, by the way! :p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We must have been watching different shows, indeed. While JP has made mistakes in the past (and will again, he's not perfect), unlike some of the other McQueens he has morals and there are lines he wouldn't cross. The John Paul I know wouldn't steal, blackmail, extort, and he wouldn't sleep with one of his sisters' or cousins' men (not unless a serious personality transplant and a serious character assassination were to occur).

The examples you brought up are irrelevant, sorry!! JP didn't know who Brendan was when they had that stupid one night stand, did he? It was just 2 consenting adults having a one night stand. It's not like he targeted Brendan because he was "Ste's true soulmate" (I hate this concept always more). And it was just HO doing their usual stupid writing. Ste slept with George the day after Brendan went to prison....that's what HO do. It doesn't make me think JP (or Ste) is a ****, it makes me wish the writing for the show wasn't so awful.

With Doug, they were both free agents who could date/sleep with who they wanted. Nothing to say here.

And with Danny, again JP had no idea who he was, he didn't know he was married with children because Danny didn't tell him, and he could never have imagined that he was Ste's father. And JP can't see the future anyway, so he didn't know he would end up involved with Ste.

I don't see anything particularly wrong JP did here. The worst thing he did in his life, imo, is stealing Sarah's boyfriend after having a secret affair behind her back for months, and he felt terrible and hated every second of it.

Stendan fans make such a big deal of JP having slept with all the men in Ste's life (because they have to find contrived reasons to hate on him), but JP didn't do it on purpose, so how is he to blame (unless we want to ****-shame him for having sex with people...)? It's just HO being unnecessarily gross.

So, the JP I know IS above sleeping with Lockie, or any other of his sisters'/cousins' men. It doesn't mean he can't be tempted, but he wouldn't go there.

If he does with Lockie, it's because the writers don't care about character consistency (the usual, plots before characters).

Is JP as bad as Mercedes? No not in a million years however for me he is no better or worse than the rest of his sisters.

Jacqui, yes she stole things and ended up in prison. But she is the only one that when it comes to sleeping around does not succumb to being with people who were with family members or are related and I can't remember her cheating.

Carmel, was the sweetest one of them all and only became poison (in the end) by being with Sonny but also because of not being able to have a child. Even the thing with Alek was not too bad because even though he was Jacqui's husband it was a fake marriage.

Tina, only bad thing was that she slept with Mercedes ex but again she didn't steal (as far as I can remember) and was a good and smart girl.

Micheala, was cheeky and got involved in a bit of dodgy stuff but come to think of it like Jacqui she didn't sleep with any family members current or ex partners, didn't get involved with any people who were related to each other. I think the only thing she did was like her best friends (Amy) father.

The thing with JP being with the important men in Ste's life isn't how it began but where it ended up.

While JP sleeping with Brendan may not make him slutty to you or some others, for myself it made me go right off him. Yes he had broken up with Craig and was a free man however there were those that still wanted them back together and I can't see that the character of Craig would be quite so understanding that a man that was supposingly upset and grieving over their relationship would have sex with some other guy a few hours after he left him. It didn't matter to me that it was Brendan, it very much mattered to me that it was anyone and how long it took JP to physical move on.
    So the scene with JP on the bridge looking at the lock with his and Craig's initials meant nothing for me as a McDeaner because just like some of his sisters/cousins he has to resort to sex to get away from his problems. Yes he's very much a McQueen.

Doug was a relationship that he rushed into knowing that he hadn't got over Craig but still ended up telling Doug he was falling for him. And then it fell apart of course because as least Doug could see they were going too fast and he wasn't over Ste.

Danny was an innocent enough because of course JP didn't know about Danny being married or having children. So even though there may have be a kiss or two after JP found out, it was in a moment of weakness on his part.

But combine all these relationships together for him to then get together with Ste is just tacky. Seriously would anyone in sound mind and body really want to being with a person that had been sexually/romantically involved with that many people in their lives??
    And yes JP couldn't know the future of him getting involved with Ste but why in the hell would either one of them want to get involved with one another knowing all of this. Ewww!

Why BK felt the need to do this to JP I don't know but I certainly don't see him as the moralistic (young) man that he use to be. In my eyes he has been tainted by what BK has done to his character from the moment he returned so for me him going with Lockie isn't that much of a stretch. Just the final nail in the coffin of what was once a great, strong and interesting character.

As for Ste, well he sleeps around a lot. That is something that I won't argue with in any way. But Ste has always been a character that has questionable morals. He came on as a horrible character, tried to change. Been an abuser and has been abused himself. Has stolen and done numerous of dodgy things. But at the core still is pretty much the same mix up person he was and is destined to be.
    Ste is not or has ever truly been in my eyes a honourable person. He does try to do good time and time again but will resort back to his bad ways because that all he really knows.
    Do I prefer him to JP. In some ways I guess I do because he feels more real to me as a character now.
    I always preferred Craig to JP if I'm being honest and more so since he came back but I can blame that on the writers and also BK and JS but I'm not gonna get into that.

I'd be interesting in seeing a JP and Lockie relationship if they broke off with their spouses but knowing BK if he decided to go down that route, he is unlikely to do that.
    Forum Member
    Is JP as bad as Mercedes? No not in a million years however for me he is no better or worse than the rest of his sisters.

Jacqui, yes she stole things and ended up in prison. But she is the only one that when it comes to sleeping around does not succumb to being with people who were with family members or are related and I can't remember her cheating.

Carmel, was the sweetest one of them all and only became poison (in the end) by being with Sonny but also because of not being able to have a child. Even the thing with Alek was not too bad because even though he was Jacqui's husband it was a fake marriage.

Tina, only bad thing was that she slept with Mercedes ex but again she didn't steal (as far as I can remember) and was a good and smart girl.

Micheala, was cheeky and got involved in a bit of dodgy stuff but come to think of it like Jacqui she didn't sleep with any family members current or ex partners, didn't get involved with any people who were related to each other. I think the only thing she did was like her best friends (Amy) father.

The thing with JP being with the important men in Ste's life isn't how it began but where it ended up.

While JP sleeping with Brendan may not make him slutty to you or some others, for myself it made me go right off him. Yes he had broken up with Craig and was a free man however there were those that still wanted them back together and I can't see that the character of Craig would be quite so understanding that a man that was supposingly upset and grieving over their relationship would have sex with some other guy a few hours after he left him. It didn't matter to me that it was Brendan, it very much mattered to me that it was anyone and how long it took JP to physical move on.
    So the scene with JP on the bridge looking at the lock with his and Craig's initials meant nothing for me as a McDeaner because just like some of his sisters/cousins he has to resort to sex to get away from his problems. Yes he's very much a McQueen.

Doug was a relationship that he rushed into knowing that he hadn't got over Craig but still ended up telling Doug he was falling for him. And then it fell apart of course because as least Doug could see they were going too fast and he wasn't over Ste.

Danny was an innocent enough because of course JP didn't know about Danny being married or having children. So even though there may have be a kiss or two after JP found out, it was in a moment of weakness on his part.

But combine all these relationships together for him to then get together with Ste is just tacky. Seriously would anyone in sound mind and body really want to being with a person that had been sexually/romantically involved with that many people in their lives??
    And yes JP couldn't know the future of him getting involved with Ste but why in the hell would either one of them want to get involved with one another knowing all of this. Ewww!

Why BK felt the need to do this to JP I don't know but I certainly don't see him as the moralistic (young) man that he use to be. In my eyes he has been tainted by what BK has done to his character from the moment he returned so for me him going with Lockie isn't that much of a stretch. Just the final nail in the coffin of what was once a great, strong and interesting character.

As for Ste, well he sleeps around a lot. That is something that I won't argue with in any way. But Ste has always been a character that has questionable morals. He came on as a horrible character, tried to change. Been an abuser and has been abused himself. Has stolen and done numerous of dodgy things. But at the core still is pretty much the same mix up person he was and is destined to be.
    Ste is not or has ever truly been in my eyes a honourable person. He does try to do good time and time again but will resort back to his bad ways because that all he really knows.
    Do I prefer him to JP. In some ways I guess I do because he feels more real to me as a character now.
    I always preferred Craig to JP if I'm being honest and more so since he came back but I can blame that on the writers and also BK and JS but I'm not gonna get into that.

I'd be interesting in seeing a JP and Lockie relationship if they broke off with their spouses but knowing BK if he decided to go down that route, he is unlikely to do that.
    BIB - Carmel wasn't so sweet when she stole money from Jacqui (which she had to pay to her fence) and bought herself a boob job with it.
  • margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If that was the case wouldnt that be Stes controversial storyline? I thought this was JPs. My thought is what if it is JP that starts beating up Ste because he goes back on drugs and JP has had enough. Horrible but Ste has had 2 storylines involving domestic abuse so I dont think they will go there again. If it is something like that then they will have utterly destroyed JP.
    Forum Member
    If that was the case wouldnt that be Stes controversial storyline? I thought this was JPs. My thought is what if it is JP that starts beating up Ste because he goes back on drugs and JP has had enough. Horrible but Ste has had 2 storylines involving domestic abuse so I dont think they will go there again. If it is something like that then they will have utterly destroyed JP.
    Hmm, well, he does have a criminal record for assault. I guess it would be more OMG!-worthy than the reverse scenario. And that, as we all know, is all that matters these days.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Tacky and gross is what HO is now, it's their way of writing most characters, be it JP, Ste, Sinead or Tony. In HO everyone has slept with everyone, if peope had to avoid getting together and sleeping with people that have slept with other people they know, everyone would end up celibate.

To me JP still is that moralistic young man, because he hasn't done anything morally reprehensible. You can not like that he slept with Brendan, you can not like that he thought he was falling for Doug, you can not like that he got with Ste after sleeping with his dad... but after Craig dumped him, he was a single man and he was free to do as he wished, and he slept with (as far as he knew) available and willing partners. And while I wish some things hadn't happened (like the totally unnecessary hook up with Brendan, which was all Kirkwood thinking he was being cool and cheeky....and probably it was a bit of a middle finger to the McDeaners), just because he slept with a few people (and except for the stupidity with Brendan, he was looking for love, not a meaningless fling or just sex) he didn't know were connected in any way it doesn't mean he's likely to go behind his cousin's back and betray her trust by sleeping with her husband. Totally different situations and circumstances.

JP does have standards and principles, and sleeping with Lockie would be out of character. But on current HO there is no established personalities for the characters anymore, since they change from episode to episode according to the plot needs, so I won't be surprised if it happened.

That's the difference between us... you say you never liked JP much to begin with, and went off him after the Brendan ONS. JP was always my favourite, and I still love him, and I still have faith in his character. JP sleeping with Lockie would be the moment I go off him, my final nail in the coffin.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't see JP ever doing that, it's not him. But you never know with this show,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

I am thinking its that supposed storyline with
    Harry
    Forum Member
    I don't see JP ever doing that, it's not him. But you never know with this show,

I agree.
    Forum Member

I'd be interesting in seeing a JP and Lockie relationship if they broke off with their spouses but knowing BK if he decided to go down that route, he is unlikely to do that.[/QUOTE]

That wouldn't happen it would have to be an affair/cheating.
    Forum Member

It's sad for me because while I would never be a real and proper/big fan of the pairing of JP and Ste in the way that I was with McDean and Stendan, I could have grown to at least like and enjoy them but they just feel under developed, over the top in their angst, too dramatic and unrealistic with their SLs and not really genuine. And then of course yesterday Ste had to say about JP being his soulmate?! In fact that actual word was said again in last nights episode and had me rolling my eyes in it being so unbelievable.
    I know the charcters have to move on but seriously can't they just move and be in love with the next person without having to say that word to seemingly trying to convince me as their viewer that this is the big love of their life because surely if one of the actors decides to leave and the other character moves on, will that new person now become their 'soulmate'.
    In my mind it just diminishes the meaning behind the word when it is thrown about like that.(IMO)

I also think there are no great couples on the show. Any good ones that they did have they have destroyed or they have couples that they just rushed into relationships where they just don't make sense or have any believability in them. The only ones I think I like at the moment is Cindy and Dirk, Holly and Jason but even these two are filled with so much angst and unhappiness.
    HO just don't have a core couple that a lot of people really love. Jack and Frankie were that couple at one time I believe however they were effectively hurt by Frankie and Ziggy's fling and have never recovered.
    Detest Freddie and Lindsey and I can't wait til Joe finds out. I'm probably the only one that really liked Tony and Sinead together. Well anything better than Tony and Diane!

And I hate to admit it but I see a real chemistry between JP and Lockie. Much more than JP and Ste. I just can't imagine that BK would want to completely damage JP's reputation by letting it happen.

I agree.
  • Lucie_GirardLucie_Girard Posts: 36,092
    Forum Member

Amazing post Bravo :)
  • Bluebird69Bluebird69 Posts: 5,570
    Forum Member
    ME1234567 wrote: »
    I am thinking its that supposed storyline with
    Harry

Yes, you're probably right.

Although, BK probably has his minions scouring places like this for additional ideas to throw into the mix. He'll take whichever theories are the most eye-rollingly absurd, out-of-character and the biggest middle finger to invested fans, and bob's your uncle, guaranteed you'll be seeing them somewhere down the line :p

I'd put money on JP and Lockie hooking up at some point, too. And yes, I think it would make more sense than JP/Ste - not because it's a case of 'anyone but Ste', but JP and Lockie do look like they're actually attracted to each other and are less cringey and sickly to watch than JP/Ste. Of course he'll dither a bit and try to resist cheating on his hubby with his cousin's man, but of course he'll go there. BK can't resist a family triangle, he must have created more of them than all the other soaps put together!

Also, since reading up above that JP carried on with Craig for months while Craig was with Sarah (were they engaged? I don't know, I didn't watch the McDean SL) I'm afraid that any claims that he's the 'moral' McQueen or that such behaviour would be out of character just don't hold any water. How would it be out of character for him to cheat or betray somebody if it's something he's already done? And he wasn't exactly whiter than white when It came to Danny, either - he was still tempted a few times even after finding out Danny was married. So, sorry, but he's just as grubby as the rest of them! (excluding Mercedes, obvs) :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm dismayed by people wanting JP to be a total ass**** and a piece of shite and advocating this awful affair with Lockie. I am totally out of tune with this fandom. I swear, right now I'm almost hoping that McHay work out, because it's better than the alternative.

Then go and complain that there are no more decent people and characters on HO (and in soaps in general) that you can root for.... complain that everyone is a liar, a cheater, a scumbag, that no relationship is allowed to exist without cheating or whatever.

I need a break, this is doing my head in, and this stupid soap is certainly not worth it. Have a good day everyone!
    Forum Member
    I'm dismayed by people wanting JP to be a total ass**** and a piece of shite and advocating this awful affair with Lockie. I am totally out of tune with this fandom. I swear, right now I'm almost hoping that McHay work out, because it's better than the alternative.

Then go and complain that there are no more decent people and characters on HO (and in soaps in general) that you can root for.... complain that everyone is a liar, a cheater, a scumbag, that no relationship is allowed to exist without cheating or whatever.

I need a break, this is doing my head in, and this stupid soap is certainly not worth it. Have a good day everyone!

I don't want that, I am just saying BK would probably have to go down the route of it being an affair/cheating instead of it happening and having JP/Lockie break up with their partners first.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    BIB - Carmel wasn't so sweet when she stole money from Jacqui (which she had to pay to her fence) and bought herself a boob job with it.

Ahh I forgot about that!! :blush:

But she was the gentlest and most kind hearted for me out of all of the Mcqueen siblings.
  • Bluebird69Bluebird69 Posts: 5,570
    Forum Member
    Hey, Francy, I'm just commenting as an occasional viewer with a passing interest in the SL and characters being discussed here. I'm not into any 'fandom' thing, or invested in any of the current characters on the show, so I'm not really bothered what happens to them.

I wasn't advocating that I want JP to have an affair. Just predicting what I think is likely to happen, and that it would probably be (imo) just a smidge less snoozeworthy to watch than McHay. Of course, if you are really attached to a character you want the best for them, I do understand that. But with BK at the helm, all the characters are screwed, so I'm just glad that I stopped caring about any of it a long time ago!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tacky and gross is what HO is now, it's their way of writing most characters, be it JP, Ste, Sinead or Tony. In HO everyone has slept with everyone, if peope had to avoid getting together and sleeping with people that have slept with other people they know, everyone would end up celibate.

To me JP still is that moralistic young man, because he hasn't done anything morally reprehensible. You can not like that he slept with Brendan, you can not like that he thought he was falling for Doug, you can not like that he got with Ste after sleeping with his dad... but after Craig dumped him, he was a single man and he was free to do as he wished, and he slept with (as far as he knew) available and willing partners. And while I wish some things hadn't happened (like the totally unnecessary hook up with Brendan, which was all Kirkwood thinking he was being cool and cheeky....and probably it was a bit of a middle finger to the McDeaners), just because he slept with a few people (and except for the stupidity with Brendan, he was looking for love, not a meaningless fling or just sex) he didn't know were connected in any way it doesn't mean he's likely to go behind his cousin's back and betray her trust by sleeping with her husband. Totally different situations and circumstances.

JP does have standards and principles, and sleeping with Lockie would be out of character. But on current HO there is no established personalities for the characters anymore, since they change from episode to episode according to the plot needs, so I won't be surprised if it happened.

That's the difference between us... you say you never liked JP much to begin with, and went off him after the Brendan ONS. JP was always my favourite, and I still love him, and I still have faith in his character. JP sleeping with Lockie would be the moment I go off him, my final nail in the coffin.

BIB - N0, I said I preferred Craig more to JP. I did like JP as a character when he first came on HO. Just not the JP that returned.

And while we can blame BK/TPTB for the SLs, I am trying to looking at all of this in a real life situation so for me JP get together with Ste knowing about Brendan, Doug and Danny is tacky and unpleasant and doesn't put his character in a good light.
    It's something we would expect from Mercedes. She's done it a number of times. But JP, no it just doesn't sit right with me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ME1234567 wrote: »
    I don't want that, I am just saying BK would probably have to go down the route of it being an affair/cheating instead of it happening and having JP/Lockie break up with their partners first.
    Bluebird69 wrote: »
    Hey, Francy, I'm just commenting as an occasional viewer with a passing interest in the SL and characters being discussed here. I'm not into any 'fandom' thing, or invested in any of the current characters on the show, so I'm not really bothered what happens to them.

I wasn't advocating that I want JP to have an affair. Just predicting what I think is likely to happen, and that it would probably be (imo) just a smidge less snoozeworthy to watch than McHay. Of course, if you are really attached to a character you want the best for them, I do understand that. But with BK at the helm, all the characters are screwed, so I'm just glad that I stopped caring about any of it a long time ago!

It's no one in particular, it's a mixture of what I read here, and elsewhere. There are people who are really pushing for this Lockie thing, people who are shipping it regardless of the implications for JP's character (evidently, they don't care about JP's character at all. They just want McHay gone, or two hot guys "with chemistry" making out).

Unfortunately I'm still very invested in JP, god knows why, and it's him I care about. I had to accept the fact that they destroyed McDean to bring JP back (which was very hard)... but I'm not willing to accept JP being brought back only to be ruined completely, and that's what will happen if he willingly and freely goes with Lockie knowing that he is his cousin's husband. The fact that he went behind Sarah's back isn't an indication for me, she wasn't his cousin (who he's living with) and no one is immune from doing mistakes. It doesn't mean that JP has to do it again just because he did it when he was 17.

This is upsetting me in an irrational way, and I can only see it getting worse as the probability of the Lockie affair increase and people ship it more and more. I don't like people cheering for the destruction of my favourite character, while I alone kick and scream against it and no one cares LOL

And I don't want to sound this dramatic, it's that soaps should help pass the time in a pleasant way and make us forget our daily troubles for 20 minutes. HO is not doing that for me! LOL I really need a break...of 5 years!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think you are very mistaking in me or pretty much anyone else wanting JP and Lockie to start an affair and end up cheating on their spouses.

It would be much better if they were to eventually break up both of their marriages if they end up developing (deep) feelings for one another and realise they want to be together but want to do it openly knowing that the other two would be hurt. However they didn't sleep together or kiss until they ended it with their respective spouses.

It's just I am/we are realistic enough to know that this is BK and he IF he does go down the route of JP and Lockie ending up together/being a couple, that he will have them cheat and then it will be a big reveal for their family to find out.

So yes I am interested in seeing if JP and Lockie could work as a couple but am heavy hearted that it will/could end up tawdry and messy and will completely ruin any potential that they could have had.
    And my reasoning behind this is because of the horrendous state that is Mchay.
This discussion has been closed.