Options

"The Little Mermaid" [Disney]

2»

Comments

• Options
    fatpatiscallingfatpatiscalling Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    this film is my favorite disney film, reminds me of when i was in my 20s and it was cool to sing part of your world haha x
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm ashamed to say that I've never actually seen the little mermaid

You don't know what you are missing.
  • Options
    IggymanIggyman Posts: 8,021
    Forum Member
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    I could be wrong but Im fairly certain Disney brought out Pixar around 10 years ago. This was why there was a delay between 2-3 Toystory as there was so many disagreements over the storyline of it, many scripts were thrown out and changed. Toystory 3 was possibly going to be about a recall of the Buzzs due to a fault and Andys Buzz was in that batch.

Im fairly certain its now called Disney Pixar...

Disney bought Pixar in 2006. Steve Jobs was then the largest shareholder in Disney.

Pixar is still called Pixar (or Pixar Animation Studios if you like :) )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    just read that the little mermaid AND beauty and the beast aka my two fave films will become 3d releases in the cinema

sooo cant wait for that
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I'm ashamed to say that I've never actually seen the little mermaid

It's on youtube.

Part 1
  • Options
    RileyMRileyM Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just read that the little mermaid AND beauty and the beast aka my two fave films will become 3d releases in the cinema

sooo cant wait for that

Beauty & The Beast is on Blu-Ray 3D now. It was released last Monday (in the UK, last Uesday in the US)
  • Options
    thewhizzthewhizz Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    I didn't know this was in the vault. How do you know which ones are CURRENTLY or ABOUT to be put in the vault? I have the boxset of the 2 Disc Special Edition Little Mermaid and Little Mermaid 2 DVD which...at the time was only available in the boxset. I think about 6 months later they released it on it's own. I think £40 is a fair price for both of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thewhizz wrote: »
    I didn't know this was in the vault. How do you know which ones are CURRENTLY or ABOUT to be put in the vault? I have the boxset of the 2 Disc Special Edition Little Mermaid and Little Mermaid 2 DVD which...at the time was only available in the boxset. I think about 6 months later they released it on it's own. I think £40 is a fair price for both of them.

I'm not sure if this right but this what i've come to assume when it comes to the vault, certain popular movies are selected and put in the vault which means they are pending a release or a make-over or remaster (an update of the original) and then thats put on a website telling us what we can expect, i think thats right anyway lol
  • Options
    GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure if this right but this what i've come to assume when it comes to the vault, certain popular movies are selected and put in the vault which means they are pending a release or a make-over or remaster (an update of the original) and then thats put on a website telling us what we can expect, i think thats right anyway lol

Certain Disney films (the ones considered the true Disney crown jewels) are periodically re-released and then made unavailable in between. It keeps them more exclusive and the prices up.

The ones in the Disney vault are: 101 Dalmatians, Bambi, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Fantasia, The Jungle Book, Lady and the Tramp, The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Pinocchio, Secretariat(? random!), Sleeping Beauty and Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.

Those in bold are currently available (the vault has been 'unlocked' on them)

However, the Cinderella edition is rubbish (it's the Royal Edition released to coincide with the Royal Wedding) - I'd wait for the next re-release.

The Lion King is being released from the vault in November.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are the valut films still worth money on VHS then?

I have a limited spotted VHS of 101 Dalmations...
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Little Mermaid is out on blu-ray on 3rd September.
  • Options
    RileyMRileyM Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    The Little Mermaid is out on blu-ray on 3rd September.

Do we get the 3D version? There appears to have been some suspicion that Disney might not release the 3D edition here. As a result, I've pre-ordered the US 3D edition allready from Amazon
  • Options
    maddiesdoormaddiesdoor Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait to get this. I don't own a blu-ray player but the DVD version is available.

I wonder if they'll do like what they did with 'Cinderella' and release a 1-3 boxset, as I did really like 'TLM2-Return to Sea' (I've not seen the third one though but want to).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A trilogy boxset IS being released thankfully :)
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is on of the three defining movies of my childhood with, labyrinth, and while you were sleeping......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They just don't make Disney movies like this (or these; Beauty and the beast, Cinderella, Snow White etc) anymore. They had a crack at it with The Princess & The Frog and Tangled but for me, though those films were good, they just wern't in the same league. A lot of Disney films thesedays rely on a comedy element to help carry the film which just simply wern't needed in films like I mentioned because they were actually good enough to hold their own.

I guess it's too late to 'go back' and retry because Disney is almost a new brand now (with movies including Pixar and Brave, Tangled etc).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pleased there will indeed be a 1-3 DVD box set, just a shame the special features are scaled down for the DVDs compared to blu-ray. Oh well.