EE: Business Problems

J-BJ-B Posts: 18,597
Forum Member
✭✭
Tonight's episode bothered me no end, being somewhat of a keen entrepreneurial type myself. It's no wonder the country is in such dire economic straits when such a totally workshy, incompetent, inept, and untrustworthy workforce comprises it's small businesses. Just a few examples off the top of my head...

- First, Carol took a day off from the caf on a day when the toaster just happens to be broken beyond repair. Bloody typical. Remind anyone of that friend who always sneaks off to the toilets or forgets their wallet when it's their turn to get the beers in? What sort of example does that set for Liam or the other kids on the other side of the world in Saaaaaafend? "Ooh I'm Carol and the world owes me a favour and the toasters broken so I'm going to go AWOL and watch telly instead" >:(

- Second, picture this. The MinuteMart is absolutely rammed to capacity. Kush and Masood are in and everything. It's utter retail chaos in the run-up to Xmas. Denise, Shabnam, and Heather are bravely coping, if only just. Somehow Shabnam is manning the tills whilst Heather is filling up the penny sweets and Denise is getting her booze breath all over the magazine rack. Then Shabnam and Denise decide to bugger off on their jollies leaving poor Heather to run the entire MinuteMart Walford operation by herself. It's a 3-man job at the absolute minimum.

- It's worth noting that not all employees are crap. Sometimes its the customers. Like our aforementioned Denise and Shabnam >:( Ian is there trying to deliver a fine bit of Ritz-esque customer service, providing free muffins to his customers. Proper nice muffins they looked and all, one coffee & walnut and the other winter fruits perhaps. Blueberry is quite seasonal so that was most likely it. What did he get in return for his selfless act of kindness? A bloody great earful, that's what he got.

And I ain't finished with Denise yet... >:(

- Denise the thief. Presumably after her and Shabs buggered off for a nice catchup for two hours she decided to stagger back over to the MinuteMart. Oh, the look of sheer elation and relief on Heather's face - "At long last... Denise you've returned! The queue is out the door! Help me! :(" Without so much as breathing last nights Rioca in Hev's direction, Denise simply opened a bag and filled it with as much wine and liquor as she could carry. Not so much as a "Hold the fort for a couple of shifts, Heather" on the way out. Utterly despicable.

- Last but certainly not least, Shirley threatening to kill a punter. Yes, it might have been Dean. Yes, he might have been her son (I would rule nothing out with that family), but I don't walk into my local expecting to receive a death threat over my first pint of a lunchtime.

There are countless examples I've missed, but I truly despair for the country's future with such fundamental business problems such as these :(

Comments

• J-BJ-B Posts: 18,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One more then, whilst I'm angry about it all...

- Dean has got a serious staffing issue. Half of them don't even speak, and the two that do are lazy and rude. Dean pays a bloody half decent minimum wage for Lola to misinterpret "nice cuppa rosy me old china, go easy on the sugar" as black coffee with two sugars. Two god damn sugars.

And as for Stacey, I'm sure she's is a fine stylist, and her customer manner is exemplary, "Awww murdered anyone nice recently?", but there is a serious chain of command problem there. I haven't seen her slam one extension in before she's either out the door on some wild moral highground mission to berate someone, or in tonights episode yanking Dean away from his customer to tell him that she's withholding sex until he's nicer.

If I was Dean I'd seriously look at hiring some more extras instead, don't get no lip from them whatsoever.
  • D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just a soap. There's no need to take it so seriously or get so angry and upset about it. EE is a TV show and it is all fiction.

I don't get why you are getting angry and upset over the little things when it would be easier to understand getting angry and upset over the bigger things that happen on the show like, rape, murder, assault, cons etc. Not that there's an actual reason to get angry over those plots I just mentioned as its only a fictional TV show.
  • hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow.

_______
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect my problem is that I'm too forgiving and soft on these people, D.DotA.
  • Daisy_DukeDaisy_Duke Posts: 1,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're right on every count, J B, and funny too :D
  • modeyinkmodeyink Posts: 2,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha! Brilliant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant :D :cool:
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 50,948
    Forum Member
    What about Kush, leaving his stall in the middle of the day to go running!

Epic thread by the way, I don't get how someone doesn't realise this is not to be taken that seriously
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    first note heather is dead and no longer works at the minute mart however helen does 😂😂

second how was Carol to know the toaster would break when she couldnt be bothered to turn in
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 50,948
    Forum Member
    soap-lea wrote: »
    first note heather is dead and no longer works at the minute mart however helen does 😂😂

second how was Carol to know the toaster would break when she couldnt be bothered to turn in

Maybe she broke it by sticking cheese on the bread before sticking it in the toaster. Or maybe she forgot to clean the crumbs out of the tray. Carol looks the type to neglect her duties in relation to Toaster Maintenance and Toaster Health and Safety Guidelines.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely Ian could support a fellow local businessman by purchasing a new toaster from the market? :-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »

Heather, Helen who cares. The woman is an absolute saint and the only thing keeping the nationwide MinuteMart chain from collapsing and leaving thousands out of work.
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely Ian could support a fellow local businessman by purchasing a new toaster from the market? :-)

that would mean he has to put his hand in his pocket :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh J-B you do make me chuckle
  • dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apart from doing Linda's hair on the odd occasion, have we ever actually seen Stacey do anyone else's hair? For a trained colourist, she doesn't seem to do much colouring. She spends all her time running after Dean following a strop or causing Dean to strop in the first place.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Maybe she broke it by sticking cheese on the bread before sticking it in the toaster. Or maybe she forgot to clean the crumbs out of the tray. Carol looks the type to neglect her duties in relation to Toaster Maintenance and Toaster Health and Safety Guidelines.

Maybe the reason she didn't turn up was because she knew she had done this. Absolutely no concern for Ian, his business and helping to provide for the likes of Liam. Heartless bitch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kidega_ wrote: »
    Maybe the reason she didn't turn up was because she knew she had done this. Absolutely no concern for Ian, his business and helping to provide for the likes of Liam. Heartless bitch.

You're no nonsense Kidega, I like you.
    Forum Member
    J-B wrote: »
    You're no nonsense Kidega, I like you.

You're making me go all red.
  • incy wincyincy wincy Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon Carol killed the toaster on purpose because she's pissed off at the fact that Ian expects her to run a cafe with a two-slice toaster.
  • PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
    Forum Member
    D.DotA wrote: »
    It's just a soap. There's no need to take it so seriously or get so angry and upset about it. EE is a TV show and it is all fiction.

I don't get why you are getting angry and upset over the little things when it would be easier to understand getting angry and upset over the bigger things that happen on the show like, rape, murder, assault, cons etc. Not that there's an actual reason to get angry over those plots I just mentioned as its only a fictional TV show.

For goodness sake. The guy is joking.
    Forum Member
    incy wincy wrote: »
    I reckon Carol killed the toaster on purpose because she's pissed off at the fact that Ian expects her to run a cafe with a two-slice toaster.

I think it would be more difficult to run a cafe with no working toaster than one working two-slice toaster. Her plan is stupid.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    You're forgetting Dean storming out his shop whilst in the middle of doing a customers hair.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    frankpal wrote: »
    You're forgetting Dean storming out his shop whilst in the middle of doing a customers hair.

In my anger I forgot that one, Franky. To be fair, he does have two rude, routinely arrogant, and incompetent staff on his hands. It would stress any manager out.
  • craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just pissed myself laughing at this (at my desk....at work! The Albert Square work ethic is clearly wearing off on me!!))

How anyone can take it seriously is astounding.