Options

Channel 5 HD - recording onto hard drive

darsh33darsh33 Posts: 113
Forum Member
Please can someone point me to exactly where I can get Channel 5 HD such that I am able to transfer/record directly onto an external hard drive; or at least view the recorded content on set-up box on a PC with no loss of HD quality.

I currently have the virgin media TIVO box in which I can get Channel 5 HD. I am able to record this onto the setup box, but am not sure how to view on the PC/transfer recording across to PC.

Thank you so much in advance.
I have read around forums but nothing seems to point to an answer.

Comments

• Options
    chrisychrisy Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    Not with Freeview, that's for sure.
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,524
    Forum Member
    darsh33 wrote: »
    Please can someone point me to exactly where I can get Channel 5 HD such that I am able to transfer/record directly onto an external hard drive; or at least view the recorded content on set-up box on a PC with no loss of HD quality.

I currently have the virgin media TIVO box in which I can get Channel 5 HD. I am able to record this onto the setup box, but am not sure how to view on the PC/transfer recording across to PC.

Thank you so much in advance.
    I have read around forums but nothing seems to point to an answer.

Presumably the TiVo (like Sky+HD and Freeview+HD) is designed to specifically prevent you doing this - as an anti-piracy measure (obviously for good reason, as you are wanting to pirate their programmes :D).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the answers so far.
    Haha I manage to get my freesat HD recordings done fine to view on pc....bad bad virgin media:p But freesat HD doesnt have channel 5 hd.....all I am after is home and away in hd lol
  • Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darsh33 wrote: »
    Thanks for the answers so far.
    Haha I manage to get my freesat HD recordings done fine to view on pc....bad bad virgin media:p But freesat HD doesnt have channel 5 hd.....all I am after is home and away in hd lol

For god's sake why!!??!! SD is bad enough. :o:D Unless you mean you perve over the bikini clad ladies (or the blokes depending on your preferences) with the sound turned down :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lol am a massive fan:p i say no more haha.....trying to build some character montage and want to take some caps....hd would be nicer:p