Is 3D in decline??

1235»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark A wrote: »
    What is still puzzling is why anyone thought the outcome would be any different from all the previous attempts. It will always fail all the while glasses are required.

Regards

Mark

For TV yes, but the 3DS sales show gamers are embracing 3D even if TV viewers are not.
  • Options
    Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    The BBC trial was always that,a trial that was always going to come to an end at the end of 2013
    Oh, I see.

But surely the trail was there to determine if they wanted to continue - and could anyone see this going anywhere other than south?
  • Options
    Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Old.Tallen wrote: »
    For TV yes, but the 3DS sales show gamers are embracing 3D even if TV viewers are not.

Everyone i know with a 3DS switches off the 3D.
  • Options
    stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    3D just doesn't add that much to the experience of watching a film. The actual effect isn't that great.

I do prefer the IMAX format. Proper IMAX(non digital) on a proper IMAX screen(not the ones which are puny IMAX screens) and shot on IMAX film is a stunning cinematic experience.

It's a shame that a lot of new releases are 3D only, as well as paying the premium for the glasses. I wish places like Odeon and Vue would recycle them.
  • Options
    GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, I see.

But surely the trail was there to determine if they wanted to continue - and could anyone see this going anywhere other than south?

not really it was just to test if they could do it,some things worked better than others but unlike Sky who can afford to keep their 3D channel going for as long as they want to,the Beeb couldn't justify the expense to keep it going in the current climate,that and 3D on TV is a little user unfriendly until Glasses free 3D becomes the norm
  • Options
    peter_jenkins2peter_jenkins2 Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    stripedcat wrote: »
    3D just doesn't add that much to the experience of watching a film. The actual effect isn't that great.

Clearly someone who's never watched Avatar ?
    The 3D Bluray is superb .
    Admittedly they should stop rebooting non 3D films like Titanic as they're not as effective but when done well 3D can look incredible .
  • Options
    BowmaniBowmani Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    You clearly haven't seen 3D until you've seen JP in 3D! OMFG!