Options

- ~ Rachel Riley & Pasha Kovalev Appreciation Thread ~ -

Comments

• Options
    fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the nice comments folks. I probably come across as a bit dry and unemotional in the way I write, but I do invest in hoping that celebs and pros try hard and do well.

Lets not forget that Karen Hardy was very complimentary about Rachel.

Karen started by saying that she would have had Rachel extending her other leg at the start and I can see her point. Rachel was holding onto the bannister too though which I think minimised the effect a bit.

Karen said - But nobody picked up on - she was walking it (clicks fingers) - she's improved within one week- she was strong. The only thing she didn't do - she just kept looking at Pasha all the way through. That confidence now has got to go out to the audience. Loved her whole dance - I thought she was great!

Karen seems to be covering technique more than choreography this year (which I am happy enough with as it gives us another view and Ian has to rush through his section when there are so many celebs). And Karen is very good at explaining what she means.

I have wondered occasionally in previous years if she had been asked by the producers to slant her views to 'steer' opinion the way the producers wanted it to go, but so far It seems to me she is giving her own view.
  • Options
    SalsaShonSalsaShon Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member

Thanks Karma.
    Rachel again in her dancing shoes, very good,:D though not sure about the socks with those shoes.;)
    Glad to hear how complimentary Karen was Fatskia, maybe she should be a judge if she can find good in them all. Let's hope she is giving her own critique and not letting anyone influence her, sounds as though she is if complimentary about all the celebs.;)
  • Options
    KartemAddictKartemAddict Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    this weeks training vid is up
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01jx0jf
  • Options
    PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    Week 4 training video up... :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01jx0jf

Love the noises Pasha makes near the end... :D:D:o:o:o

ETA... Snap KA :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Looks like the knocking thing is part of routine...
    Guess Pasha made another story dance :D

Makes me think of Chelsee's epic airport quickstep! And Kimberley's quickstep also had a story(ish)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sooo cute. Zoe sneaking in her Pasha adoration whenever she can. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for all the links... Hopefully the QS will work out ok... she still looked terrified though... bless her.. or it might just be her face of concentration...She has such beautiful eyes...:eek::eek:
    Loved the ITT segment tonight... Pasha being floored by Zoe's cheeky comments... bless him... He is getting cuter by the day... :o:o:o
  • Options
    Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SalsaShon wrote: »
    Aliona's best partnership was with Harry and I didn't mind them winning as he was brilliant, even though Pasha and Chelsee were my first choice.:D

I tolerated Aliona with Matt as they produced some fun quality routines but despised her for winning with Dreary McDullard.
    fatskia wrote: »
    Lets not forget that Karen Hardy was very complimentary about Rachel.

Karen started by saying .......etc.

I have wondered occasionally in previous years if she had been asked by the producers to slant her views to 'steer' opinion the way the producers wanted it to go, but so far It seems to me she is giving her own view.

Yes I noticed Karen's supportive stance regarding Rachel and I do think she calls it as she sees it.
    blackflier wrote: »
    Looks like the knocking thing is part of routine...
    Guess Pasha made another story dance :D

Makes me think of Chelsee's epic airport quickstep! And Kimberley's quickstep also had a story(ish)

Chelsee's was a breakthrough (week four) but I think she had more fun with that dance in the final.
    Kimba's (week three) may not have been as technically acclaimed by the judges,but for me was a more fun performance with her flirting wonderfully with Pasha,who also played his role to perfection.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pashulty wrote: »
    Thanks for all the links... Hopefully the QS will work out ok... she still looked terrified though... bless her.. or it might just be her face of concentration...She has such beautiful eyes...

Loved the ITT segment tonight... Pasha being floored by Zoe's cheeky comments... bless him... He is getting cuter by the day...

I kept being drawn to Rachel's beautiful teeth - hadn't noticed them before. She should smile even more often.

I cant get that training clip to play. Is it playing for everyone else?
    Usually there is no problem on Windows Explorer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    teeswolf wrote: »
    SalsaShon, I've supported Aliona and her partners in other years, and know only too well how things can be on the MF.

I used to get annoyed by it, but it all becomes predictable after a while, and just ignore or laugh at it:)

Good advice, but see the knives are out again on the MF, I must have been watching a different ITT. Good on you Poppysinbloom, but you may as well speak to yourself or one of us.:rolleyes:;)
    Yet if one of their favourites, different rules applies. Thought Rachel was a 'duffer' if you read some comments.:rolleyes: If she lasts midway then great, if not, then wasn't meant to be. We knew she wasn't a contender, but honestly.
    Seems to be if Aliona isn't getting slated it tends to be Pasha, yet everyone else, esp one is marvellous, yeah right.:rolleyes:
    OK Teeswolf, will listen to your advice now.:D
  • Options
    PoppysinbloomPoppysinbloom Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good advice, but see the knives are out again on the MF, I must have been watching a different ITT. Good on you Poppysinbloom, but you may as well speak to yourself or one of us.:rolleyes:;)Yet if one of their favourites, different rules applies. Thought Rachel was a 'duffer' if you read some comments.:rolleyes: If she lasts midway then great, if not, then wasn't meant to be. We knew she wasn't a contender, but honestly.
    Seems to be if Aliona isn't getting slated it tends to be Pasha, yet everyone else, esp one is marvellous, yeah right.:rolleyes:
    Did I do something wrong (again)? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member

No, not at all, you and a few others after you were very good.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were both looking very good on ITT. All black looks good on Pasha and that was a nice dress Rachel wore.
    I think viewers will have been impressed by everything except the training. Since the show was recorded on Wednesday I still have faith that they can make it by Saturday. Pasha is showing a lot of faith in Rachel so I'm sticking with those cars too.

I think Rachel is doing well considering that she is not a natural mover. This is a very difficult and fast routine according to Ian so if she delivers it on Saturday viewers should be really impressed.
    It is risky as one mistake in the Quickstep can be very difficult to catch up but I did notice Rachel adjusting her feet very fast in the first training clip to correct when she made a mistake.

I'm not even writing her off as a contender because its early days and I think she has done well so far considering that she is not a natural mover. They will need to develop more of a relationship and more chemistry to be contenders and that can only happen naturally, so we shall see.
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I bet you did :D
    But not on the forum ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, not at all, you and a few others after you were very good.:)
    Aah ok. The reason I thought I might have offended is because I'm not the biggest Rachel fan but will support her because she's dancing with Pasha (and to be fair she seems like a nice person, if a bit dull to me.) This is only my second year on DS's SCD forums and so I don't know if there's a prior history to posters attacking Pasha but he seems to me a popular boy. ;)

Perhaps Artem fans wish to find Pasha as ungracious as their boy was last year when he partnered Fern. I see none of that from Pasha. He's been empathic with Rachel, which is what she needs actually, and his humour has come through very strongly this year. I just wish she'd 'get' him being funny sometimes - another of my Rachel frustrations.

Edit: Typos everywhere! :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    I bet you did :D
    But not on the forum ;)
    Are you spying on me?

If so, then you have good taste. :p
  • Options
    teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good advice, but see the knives are out again on the MF, I must have been watching a different ITT. Good on you Poppysinbloom, but you may as well speak to yourself or one of us.:rolleyes:;)
    Yet if one of their favourites, different rules applies. Thought Rachel was a 'duffer' if you read some comments.:rolleyes: If she lasts midway then great, if not, then wasn't meant to be. We knew she wasn't a contender, but honestly.

Oh dear, I haven't looked at the MF, so don't know what they are saying.

Rachel has been mid division so far, but I think she has the potential to improve. She just lacks self confidence on the dance floor, but I expect this to come the further she gets.

She comes across as a lovely girl, trying her best and enjoying herself. What is the problem?
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you spying on me?

If so, then you have good taste. :p

I love anyone with sin right in the middle of their user name. In fact, get you! You're like an animate Eden, all those flowers and a hidden serpent :cool::cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They were both looking very good on ITT. All black looks good on Pasha and that was a nice dress Rachel wore.
    I think viewers will have been impressed by everything except the training. Since the show was recorded on Wednesday I still have faith that they can make it by Saturday. Pasha is showing a lot of faith in Rachel so I'm sticking with those cars too.

I think Rachel is doing well considering that she is not a natural mover. This is a very difficult and fast routine according to Ian so if she delivers it on Saturday viewers should be really impressed.
    It is risky as one mistake in the Quickstep can be very difficult to catch up but I did notice Rachel adjusting her feet very fast in the first training clip to correct when she made a mistake.

I'm not even writing her off as a contender because its early days and I think she has done well so far considering that she is not a natural mover. They will need to develop more of a relationship and more chemistry to be contenders and that can only happen naturally, so we shall see.

Thank goodness for you Fatskia. :D Really good post.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I love anyone with sin right in the middle of their user name. In fact, get you! You're like an animate Eden, all those flowers and a hidden serpent :cool::cool:

Now monkeh!!! what were you doing in the middle of the night on DS!!!????:eek::eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have a great imagination and sense of humour and both inform your writing. As to your thoughts on me and my name :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

A lovely post skia... well said... :)
    Pasha looked yummy!!!! :o:o
    And as long as Pasha has faith in Rachel, so do I ... :D:D
    I am just glad for them to improve week by week... that's what it is all about .... :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You have a great imagination and sense of humour and both inform your writing. As to your thoughts on me and my name :D

Don't you know yet??... She is a sinning 'monkeh' !!!!:eek::eek::D:D