Helicopter crashes into pub in Glasgow

Comments

• nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xp95 wrote: »
    What was his exact motive behind calling the BBC News reporter a vulture? :confused::rolleyes:

The fact his father is a regular in the pub and was sitting where the helicopter fell in? And he was standing waiting on news and BBC were standing reporting beside him?
  • xp95xp95 Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact his father is a regular in the pub and was sitting where the helicopter fell in? And he was standing waiting on news and BBC were standing reporting beside him?
    Ah, I see, it all makes sense now. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member

Has this poor lad heard anything about his dad yet? :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xp95 wrote: »
    Ah, I see, it all makes sense now. :(

He hasn't heard anything about his dad, but apparently the helicopter came down right where his dad sat. So he is of the opinion his dad is dead, I don't think there has been any declaration if such, but he must be of the opinion of that, which is really sad. I do hope for better news, but unfortunately we must think the worst.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avasgranny wrote: »
    Has this poor lad heard anything about his dad yet? :(

This article seems to confirm he is dead.

http://news.stv.tv/west-central/250988-john-mcgarrigle-fears-father-is-dead-after-clutha-helicopter-crash/
    Forum Member
    He hasn't heard anything about his dad, but apparently the helicopter came down right where his dad sat. So he is of the opinion his dad is dead, I don't think there has been any declaration if such, but he must be of the opinion of that, which is really sad. I do hope for better news, but unfortunately we must think the worst.

Finding it extremely hard to watch on the tv. Christ knows what it is like for the families waiting for news. I really hope there is good news for him.
  • mcalmcal Posts: 1,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twitter apparently up in arms at Katie Hopkins re a typical attention seeking tweet she has made this evening
    Forum Member
    woodbush wrote: »

Oh christ that is so sad. Thanks for the update woodbush. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mcal wrote: »
    Twitter apparently up in arms at Katie Hopkins re a typical attention seeking tweet she has made this evening

What the F**k has she came out with?
  • xp95xp95 Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    I wish they were wrong and it turns out they were alive instead! :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tbh it does say "fears to be dead" so could there be the small amount of hope?
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

i think it was more ill timed than a dig at what happened if it's the one I'm thinking of. She's so self absorbed, she probably doesn't know what's happened.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'd rather not know.
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

https://twitter.com/KTHopkins/status/406866559681167360

Not a direct comment about what happened, but distasteful and ill-timed none the less.
  • mcalmcal Posts: 1,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Odd Socks wrote: »
    I'd rather not know.

It was not directly related to the incident, a tweet about low life expectancy in Scotland. She has tweeted it today for maximum reaction obviously, vile woman
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    PrincessTT wrote: »

Not a direct comment about what happened, but distasteful and ill-timed none the less.

:eek:

She's got a death wish.
  • InTheLoopInTheLoop Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    I have just been watching the news on BBC and it basically just took up a 10 minute segment?

I mean surely it was a horrific incident but does it really deserve that much "airtime"? Slightly surprised as (i hope this doesn't come across as insensitive) the casualty list wasn't as big as some other national and international aviation disasters that have barely made the news the last few months (two spring to mind; the Kazan aircraft tragedy last month that killed 65 and wasn't even mentioned on daily news and the military helicopter that crashed in the Middle East that killed British and American soldiers)

RIP to all those involved :(
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She made a joke about life expectancy in Scotland and how the Scots are lazy scroungers? She picks her moments!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was not directly related to the incident, a tweet about low life expectancy in Scotland. She has tweeted it today for maximum reaction obviously, vile woman

Urgh! But it works, even I'm aware of her name and talking about her now :(
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek:

She's got a death wish.

Nah. Just an attention seeker. She apparently likes to 'tell it like it is' which is usually the euphemism for being obnoxious and rude.
  • phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She picks her moments!

I think that's EXACTLY the problem - she does! :mad:
    Forum Member
    InTheLoop wrote: »
    I have just been watching the news on BBC and it basically just took up a 10 minute segment?

I mean surely it was a horrific incident but does it really deserve that much "airtime"? Slightly surprised as (i hope this doesn't come across as insensitive) the casualty list wasn't as big as some other national and international aviation disasters that have barely made the news the last few months (two spring to mind; the Kazan aircraft tragedy last month that killed 65 and wasn't even mentioned on daily news and the military helicopter that crashed in the Middle East that killed British and American soldiers)

RIP to all those involved :(

Take it you don't come from Scotland?
    Forum Member
    Voynich wrote: »
    She made a joke about life expectancy in Scotland and how the Scots are lazy scroungers? She picks her moments!

Isn't it time this woman was sacked from her job? Insensitive cow. :mad:
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    PrincessTT wrote: »

Lol oh dear. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like this response to Hopkin's tweet best:
    What a terrible woman. I suspect she wouldn't say that out loud in the middle of Glasgow tonight. :-/