Options

Gary Marshall on Clyde

dellboy70dellboy70 Posts: 80
Forum Member
Does anyone know if Gary Marshall has left Clyde 2? Gina Mckee is on his time slot and Dougie Jackson is on weekend breakfast

Comments

• Options
    RikScotRikScot Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dellboy70 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Gary Marshall has left Clyde 2? Gina Mckee is on his time slot and Dougie Jackson is on weekend breakfast

jackson's back at Clyde?

Now there's a turn up...
  • Options
    DiandalScotlandDiandalScotland Posts: 2,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dougie jackson has been back at clyde and the rest of the
    greatest hits network for about last 2years.

he has never had a permanent slot since coming back, always filling in for other presenters and think he is only filling in for gary at the mo.

i`m not a fan of gina and no longer listen in to the afternoon show. i dont know why they couldn`t have had both 1-4 and 4-7 but i guess wages and cutbacks....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i cant believe Richard Allen is still on when Dougie Jackson is far more accomplished and professional-
    crazy!!
  • Options
    sonicshadowsonicshadow Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    I'm pretty sure Gary was pushed aside in favour of Gina. The line from Clyde 2 when Gina took over was that Gary would still be on at the weekend, but since he's not I'm guessing he just chucked it after losing the weekday show. I agree Dougie Jackson should be on more often instead of people like Richard Allen, who sounds like a nice enough guy but not an amazing presenter. They also need Riddy on for more than just three hours on a Sunday morning.
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sure that Richard Allen only remains on air as he is a pal of Mr Bally's. Similar story with the other Tay presenters on the network.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does Ally hold a more senior position at the greatest hits network?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does Ally hold a more senior position at the greatest hits network?

He is/was management there, someone more knowledgable will tell you his position.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    im sure i read or heard that Mr Bally is high up in some capacity that would explain why Richard Allen pops up when he is on holiday i would still prefer Dougie Jackson or Gary Marshall over both of them any day of the week!
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gary Marshall over both of them any day of the week!

does he think, hes STILL a boldy 'sex symbol'? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    im sure i read or heard that Mr Bally is high up in some capacity that would explain why Richard Allen pops up when he is on holiday i would still prefer Dougie Jackson or Gary Marshall over both of them any day of the week!

Or Mike Riddoch.
  • Options
    david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's not Clyde 2 of old anymore in all intents and purposes. I'm no fan of the networking as it is.

It could be the case that with Ally Bally hosting from Dundee and Richard Allen being an ex Radio Tay/Tay AM DJ as well that he's the most suitable stand in host for the timeslot.

I think that in the meantime they want to keep the local listeners onside in the Tayside and north east fife area with familiar voices. Robin Galloway at Breakfast was introduced with the intention to drive up the listening figures in the Northsound area with him being an ex Northsound DJ. Does his show come from Aberdeen? I think there's a daily slot where output comes from Forth House in Edinburgh.

If Bauer did all their shows from Clydebank with all ex Clyde 2 hosts they would alienate listeners everywhere outwith the clyde transmission area with none of their area's favourite DJ's on air at all. For now anyway as this is just the softening up process to get accustomed to networking and are still happy as long as they can still regularly listen to some of their favourite local DJ's in before Bauer introduce the nightmare of networks from London or Manchester to 1035, 1152, 1161 and 1548 AM in Scotland, and listeners across Scotland will not realise what's hit them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david16 wrote: »
    Robin Galloway at Breakfast was introduced with the intention to drive up the listening figures in the Northsound area with him being an ex Northsound DJ. Does his show come from Aberdeen?

Trust me, the appointment of Galloway on the breakfast show had nothing to do with keeping the Northsound 2 listeners onside. They fired a very popular breakfast host and are now paying the price as Northsound 2's RAJARs are falling off a cliff while Original where John McRuvie went to have just had a record high quarter.

Galloway is seen as a "Billy Big Boots" type up here and is disliked by a large percentage of people. No, his show doesn't come from Aberdeen, it is from Clydebank.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    david16 wrote: »
    It's not Clyde 2 of old anymore in all intents and purposes. I'm no fan of the networking as it is.

It could be the case that with Ally Bally hosting from Dundee and Richard Allen being an ex Radio Tay/Tay AM DJ as well that he's the most suitable stand in host for the timeslot.

I think that in the meantime they want to keep the local listeners onside in the Tayside and north east fife area with familiar voices. Robin Galloway at Breakfast was introduced with the intention to drive up the listening figures in the Northsound area with him being an ex Northsound DJ. Does his show come from Aberdeen? I think there's a daily slot where output comes from Forth House in Edinburgh.

If Bauer did all their shows from Clydebank with all ex Clyde 2 hosts they would alienate listeners everywhere outwith the clyde transmission area with none of their area's favourite DJ's on air at all. For now anyway as this is just the softening up process to get accustomed to networking and are still happy as long as they can still regularly listen to some of their favourite local DJ's in before Bauer introduce the nightmare of networks from London or Manchester to 1035, 1152, 1161 and 1548 AM in Scotland, and listeners across Scotland will not realise what's hit them.

had a wee chuckle at the thought of Robin Galloway brought back to please the north east, cant be further from the truth, Ally Bally and bauer radio ripped the heart out of our radio listening here in Aberdeen, John Mcruvie was even banned from his final show. But heah life goes on don't think anyone listens to Northsound2 now as the latest listening figures out last week prove. Original 106 had a great scoop getting John on board and Northsound 2 is just a memory for us all here
  • Options
    Ian AberdonIan Aberdon Posts: 2,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I no longer listen to or consider Northsound 2 as an Aberdeen station. Not one show is produced from here. A sad state of affairs.