Options

Want Doctor Who to continue past 2017? Don't vote Tory.

2»

Comments

• Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get rid of the licence fee and go either subscription of commercial so theyre held to account for their programming. It infuriates me some of the crap we're funding at the BBC and they're not answerable, whether its non stop baragin hunt and flog it, or giving American viewers priority

The BBC is held to account for its actions and put under far more scrutiny than any other broadcasting company on earth. Often by its own programs.

If you object so much then have the courage of your convictions and don't pay the license fee. And as such stop watching Doctor Who and purchasing anything to do with it. Oh wait. But you wont do that will you?
  • Options
    Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    Yes, and look how that turned out. Loads of Tocolfane destroying one tenth of the world's population! No thanks! >:(

I'd never vote Tory if I could help it. Just look at how the UK was during the 1980s. Some good moments having Thatcher in charge, but most of the time, not so good. The miners strike, Falklands war, The IRA bombing a Brighton hotel, the start of the Gulf conflict around 1988/89, and so on.

Things weren't much better when John Major was PM. We had a recession in the early 90s, and the country was basically a mess.

I tell you, it was relief when Tony Blair came into power in '97. :)

I remember how it was in the 70s. Rubbish piled up in the streets. The dead left unburied. That's why we got the Tories in the 80s to clear up the mess.

And no-one has yet pointed out that Dr. Who started under the Tories...
  • Options
    chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funny you should mention this. A couple of days ago I half remembered an old Harry enfield sketch about politicians arguing about doctor who.....

"under labor we had cybermen".....

That sketch featured Caroline John, of course ... :)

I reckon this thread probably ought to be closed quite soon, while we're still all playing nicely with each other. I have very strong political opinions and am an active member of a political party, but this isn't the time or place for such discussions.

There was an outbreak of shock and horror round these parts when David Tennant hosted Labour Party Political Broadcasts before the last general election, and various forum users were affronted. (Especially Tory-voting Tennant fangirls).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Fizzbin wrote: »
    1989 Doctor Who cancelled - end of an era - the Tories
    1996 new Doctor fails to spawn new series - again the Tories
    2005 New Doctor Who series finally takes off - new golden age - New Labour2010 New producer has make Doctor Who in split seasons so it looks like more series - ConDems

Vote Labour, you know it makes sense! ;):D

Ummmmm..... Was this the Golden Age of public sector non-jobs paid for on the never-never while Labour p*ssed away what little money we had up the wall? Good job they invested in the boom years and updated our flood defences..... oh hang on! Well, invested in our road and rail network so that it was robust and..... Oh! Bugger! Well at least Iraq is a safe and fair country now...... Ok, scrub that. At least Gordon Brown and Tony Blair have their Gold Plated pensions and live the life of Reilly along with all the other lying, cheating, political failures.

End of Rant.......................
  • Options
    Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    I think you'll find that lying, cheating, and failure go hand in hand with many politicians, whatever their political allegiance might be!
    One of the biggest threats to the health of our democracy is the fact that so many people now despise all politicians, whatever party they represent.
    :)