Options

The Offical END to SAW

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 298
Forum Member
Anyone else sort of glad?

Ive watched them all but only because I want to know what happened to Dr Gordan. If it wasn't for him I would have stopped after the 3rd one.

Comments

• Options
    robot1000robot1000 Posts: 2,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should not have produced any sequels.

The 1st one was a classic
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the first three movies. Made sure I was at the cinema on opening day to see them. After that though I waited till they were out on dvd. I started losing interest and like the OP kept watching to see what happened to Dr Gordon. I think a lot of fans done the same and the producers knew this, just leaving little hints so everyone went back to watch the next one.
  • Options
    biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    i belive this is just a ploy to get arses back in seats as saw went in at no2 lastyear

and they told us for 2years before that the franchise was heading somewere and that they have a plan and that saw6 will be the last! blah! blah! blah!

truth is paranormal 2 is out at the same time and theyre hoping to beat it i think or get there totals back up to the higher levels than saw 6
    there really pushing the
    THE LAST ONE CARD!
    THE 3D EFFX CARD!
    THE DR GORDAN CARD!

the last card is one fans have beeing dying to know about since he last appeared in the very 1st movie but we have only been getting tiny tiny little hints which reveals noting yet reminds us of him
    so fans will flock to see it knowing its the last one and the truth of what really happened to drgordan finally being revealed

if its a roaring sucsess do you really think they wont pipe out one more?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    robot1000 wrote: »

Completely agree, the sequels are a disgrace to the 1st. one of the few, smart and scary modern horror films
  • Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well ....good. :)
  • Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Six films too late IMO.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am kind of glad, but will be sad to see the series end, they are all pretty decent. I think the first obviously stands out as the best, but the fifth one was really very good (especially following the shambles of the fourth film).
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first two sequels were actually quite decent. 4 and 5 absolutely terrible...not seen 6 yet but I will eventually see it and the last one just to complete the set.

Who's betting they play the most stupid card of all and make Dr. Gordon the one behind everything, even Jigsaw??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
    Forum Member

Completely agree
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    If ever a film didn't need a sequel, it's the first Saw movie.
  • Options
    jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    I disagree about Saw not needing a sequel; the premise was so slick and entertaining that more was a necessity in my opinion.Many people enjoy a horror franchise and Saw has filled that void in a very clever and fan friendly kind of way.The theme,the puppet,the protagonist all screamed franchise and what these movies have grossed is testament to their appeal.
    Furthermore,the millions profited from these moderately budgeted movies has financially paved the way for other films to be produced.
    At least they're creative as far as sequels go and not more remakes.
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The producers always planned that there'd be seven if they continued to be successful.
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed the first 2 films. I guess the third was justified as it dealt with his motives. The fourth and fifth films I didn't like. The sixth film was an improvement.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »
    The producers always planned that there'd be seven if they continued to be successful.

Of course they didn't. They continued making them as long as the previous film was successful. VI was not a huge success, so VII has been announced as the finale.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 298
    Forum Member
    It as originally supposed to be only 3 movies, and all the writers stopped after that but im guessing lionsgate hired new people to carry it on.

I think it is pretty obvious in its writing techniques, If you watch the first one and then one of the later ones, they are completely different storywise if you get my drift.

I thought 3 and 4 were really different even though they are supposed to be set at the same time period running along side each other.
  • Options
    Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I pretty love much all of the Saw movies, they're gory, but with a storyline good enough for it to be appreciated. Not like that Hostel shite :mad:.

The only one I was dissapointed with was number 5, as the ending where it reveals things you missed, or better said connects all the dots together was absolute shite. You either had to be blind or extremely dumb to not have realised what was happening......although the last trap was genius :D

Well roll on the last one, I hope they end it well, sucks that its in sodding 3D though........pants!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Wooooooooooooo the end of this pathetic franchise is upon us! I am soooo glad. I'm afraid that the Saw films have never and will never live up to the quality of other horror movies such as Friday the 13th, Halloween, Orphan etc. They are all just gore, makes for very unpleasant viewing and leads only to the viewer to question the poor stability of the director's frame of mind!

Goodbye Saw, you will not be missed!
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Completely agree
    I completely disagree.

All of the Saw films are flawed. The first in particular has some of the worst acting, and various aspects of the plot don't make sense, especially the first and last few minutes. Regardless, the later films are worthy because they add depth to the story. Amanda's arc across the first three films was excellent, and I love that they stuck with their conceit of their serial killer being terminally ill.

For me the 5th film was the only really weak one, but although the 6th was better I do think the franchise has run out of steam. The further they get from the death of Jigsaw the more implausible it becomes.
  • Options
    Pob-BundyPob-Bundy Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never much cared for Saw either, but I do think that Tobin Bell should be doing better movies after the series has finished. He's seems like an intelligent sort of actor.
  • Options
    rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    bloodydisgusting has revealed the first 8 minutes of Saw 3D as seen at the Comicon convention. Sounds amazing :eek:
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    I completely disagree.

All of the Saw films are flawed. The first in particular has some of the worst acting, and various aspects of the plot don't make sense, especially the first and last few minutes. Regardless, the later films are worthy because they add depth to the story. Amanda's arc across the first three films was excellent, and I love that they stuck with their conceit of their serial killer being terminally ill.

For me the 5th film was the only really weak one, but although the 6th was better I do think the franchise has run out of steam. The further they get from the death of Jigsaw the more implausible it becomes.

I kinda agree, I don't have much of a problem with the first one, I think it's by far the strongest of the franchise, but agree the 5th one is probably the weakest. Either that or the 2nd one, not a major fan of Saw 2 to be honest.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member

I agree with you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Official SAW 3D Teaser is out and here it is, enjoy! :) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg0go2b3ekY

It looks pretty interesting!, looks like there maybe a 'live' audience in the movie seeing one of the traps take place before their eyes, pretty twisted and sick!....roll on October!! :)

xx
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smerph wrote: »
    Of course they didn't. They continued making them as long as the previous film was successful. VI was not a huge success, so VII has been announced as the finale.

You're correct actually, the original plan was for eight films but the failure of 6 resulted in them finishing it at 7.
    http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/17069