The British Public Don't Want Another Black Winner?

LadyHonestswagLadyHonestswag Posts: 1,005
Forum Member
✭✭✭
That's what I think, being honest is part of my name.
I was surprised when Alexandra Burke won almost two years ago but she did give good performances and on the night that alone made her win up against JLS, the ultimate boyband.

I could bet £1000 or even more that another black person won't win for a very long time, no matter how talented they are.
The X Factor is not a colour thing It's a talent show looking for new popstars to market in the music industry but when it comes to most competitions especially in the UK, you are lucky if your black and end up going all the way.
My comments might shock some people but at the end of the day it's true, out of this year's bunch the only one who may stand a chance of winning is Rebecca because she's mixed raced, a bit easier on the eye for certain people.

Another thing is Cher Lloyd trys to act black by rapping and doing hip hop music, it's all new, fresh and original but if a young black girl was to audition sing and act the same way, she would be slated and cast of as just another ghetto wannabe, it's the typical thing to stereotype.
I might come across as blunt but I'm certainly not afraid to speak my mind and before anyone throws the line, your using the race card, no I'm not Im just saying it how it is.

Comments

• Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What you talking about Willis?
  • RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My comments might shock some people but at the end of the day it's true,

Look out for the next series of BGT to tout your extraordinary comedic talent.
  • CMcKinleyCMcKinley Posts: 3,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear
  • tommygunnertommygunner Posts: 4,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To really shock people on this forum you have to say something positive about Cheryl Cole.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    Quit while you're ahead son....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its time I went to bed :yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand why you're assuming the british public don't want black winners? Black artists do great in the charts, so why would the public be adverse to another black winner?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was surprised when Alexandra Burke won almost two years ago but she did give good performances and on the night that alone made her win up against JLS, the ultimate boyband.

I could bet £1000 or even more that another black person won't win for a very long time, no matter how talented they are.
    The X Factor is not a colour thing It's a talent show looking for new popstars to market in the music industry but when it comes to most competitions especially in the UK, you are lucky if your black and end up going all the way.
    My comments might shock some people but at the end of the day it's true, out of this year's bunch the only one who may stand a chance of winning is Rebecca because she's mixed raced, a bit easier on the eye for certain people.

Another thing is Cher Lloyd trys to act black by rapping and doing hip hop music, it's all new, fresh and original but if a young black girl was to audition sing and act the same way, she would be slated and cast of as just another ghetto wannabe, it's the typical thing to stereotype.
    I might come across as blunt but I'm certainly not afraid to speak my mind and before anyone throws the line, your using the race card, no I'm not Im just saying it how it is.

You see, you're talking and yet all I'm hearing is "blah, blah, blah, blah, blah"....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    To really shock people on this forum you have to say something positive about Cheryl Cole.

No that's not wise. They might be reported and banned.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sense the subtext hinting at Gamu...:yawn:

Oh dear.

Besides, Cher has more swagger:) than the population of the bronx..:rolleyes:
  • caz789caz789 Posts: 4,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree completely.

Oh no, wait, the British Public, I thought you said the X Factor.
    No, I can't agree then
  • lightblueslightblues Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    have you asked the GBP?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    So the OP doesn't want to be accused of anuthing. But just wants to apparently accuse the British publc of some collective racism.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LoveBug. wrote: »
    Quit while you're ahead son....

:D:D:D give him/her a break it's only his/her's second post.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I couldn't give a flying f**k what colour or race the winner is. But what I don't want is a winner that has to screech through songs. We have had many screeching divas in this compeition, so the likes of Treyc provide nothing new.
  • kochspostulateskochspostulates Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

JLS are black as well. So your point is?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PS OP you seem to have missed an awful lot of people on here thinking that Cher is a pile of Chyte.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:DLOL
  • LadyHonestswagLadyHonestswag Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lightblues wrote: »
    have you asked the GBP?

I don't need to ask, GBP will let it be known by getting rid of the black acts one by one, not surprised with some of the reactions on here and doing great on the charts and winning a competition is two different things. My point was in competitions voted by the public they don't do well most of the time, no matter how talented they are and that's a fact.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't need to ask, GBP will let it be known by getting rid of the black acts one by one, not surprised with some of the reactions on here and doing great on the charts and winning a competition is two different things. My point was in competitions voted by the public they don't do well most of the time, no matter how talented they are and that's a fact.

You seem to suggest the GBP are adverse to black artists, but just looking at the charts proves otherwise.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mmm yeah can't wait for tomorrow, roasted black babies for breakfast om nom nom, that's the British way!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member

From having a clear minority of the entries, 2 of the last 4 X Factor winners have been black !
  • PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I do get where you are coming from and generally speaking I would agree but you credit the XFactor audience with too much intelligence. They will want the winner that is dictated to them. Then the show will be shaped to get that person into the public's hearts and minds. If the producers wanted a black performer to do well then that will be the case and they proved that with the success of JLS and Alexandra Burke. Personally, TreyC and Rebecca are just making up the numbers in the current lacklustre show. Think this could be a Matt Cardle win.
  • tommygunnertommygunner Posts: 4,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My point was in competitions voted by the public they don't do well most of the time, no matter how talented they are and that's a fact.

Another example that proves your point is Susan Boyle being voted winner of BGT over Diversity...oh, wait...
  • 027huds027huds Posts: 12,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not everyone who watches this show would think like that. I'm sure there must be some, but probably not that many and not enough to really make a difference to voting.

Funnily enough, I don't pick favourites based on skin colour or other such trivial factors and I'm sure most other people don't either.