What's your favourite game and why?

SmiirkySmiirky Posts: 1,940
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Since SOME people decided to go on and get the 'reporting stupid kids on xbox' thread closed..Thought i'd open a new discussion..

Basically what it says in the title. And why. :)

Comments

• Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favorite xbox game would be Dead Rising, very old now but at the time it was the only game I played. It was my first 360 game and I was blown away. The second one was good but it had lost its fresh feel so wasn't as good. Great memories.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,087
    Forum Member
    Black Ops

with all the different modes , its great

just take out Last Stand in Barebones though !!
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    My favourite offline game is Elder scrolls iv I just love that you can wonder around and please yourself what you do + well over 100 hours gameplay must say something.

My online choice would be Blur as it's just great fun when you get a good crowd of racers!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fav game has to be GTA san andreas easily the best game in the series in my opinion.
  • scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    Super street fighter 4. Love playing it online.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Probably PGR 4, even though I don't play it a great deal these days. I do have great memories of it though and regard it the best overall racer this gen, nice mix of arcade and sim, stunning gfx, especially the weather. Nice Dash views and the motorbikes felt dangerous. The online was awesome too. Class game. IF it wasn't PGR 4 then I'd have to go with GTA IV with the add-ons. On the 360 this game just looks incredible, even to this day. The gameplay (certainly in TBoGT) was spot on, it's an epic game.

I also want to mention some of the amazing XBLA stuff. All of these are my favourites:

REZ HD, Shadow Complex, Trials HD, Perfect Dark HD, Banjo Kazooie, SWOS, Duke Nukem 3D, Hydro Thunder Hurricane, Omega Five, Geometry Wars 1/2, Doom 2, Serious Sam HD 1st/2nd Encounter, Jet Pack Refuelled, PInball FX 2, Quake Arena Arcade, R-Type Dimensions, Space Giraffe, 'Splosion Man, Ikaruga, Triggerheart Exelica, Guwange, Zeno Clash Ultimate Edition..

ALL exclusive and all make the 360 an amazing console. I play more arcade titles than I do retail these days. Radiant Silvergun HD is gonna be immense.
  • tommyd1258tommyd1258 Posts: 6,923
    Forum Member
    Mass Effect, but can't choose between 1 or 2. Both are just my type of game; a sci-fi epic with such a deep story and remarkably detailed universe. Have put hundreds of hours into the first two and looking forward to the finale whether it's later this year or early next year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Current generation: Call of Duty 4
    Pre 32 bit: Sonic & Knuckles
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saints Row 2. Love everything about it.

The game is huge, there's loads to do, everything is highly customizable and the variety is amazing.

The story lines are gripping, with some emotional scenes and a lot of comedy.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    diddky kong racing-immense single player
  • TheElfTheElf Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gds1972 wrote: »
    My favourite offline game is Elder scrolls iv I just love that you can wonder around and please yourself what you do + well over 100 hours gameplay must say something.

My online choice would be Blur as it's just great fun when you get a good crowd of racers!

Fantastic game, I thought it was really well made.

My favorite recent(ish) game is Dragon Age. My all time favorite is Phantasy Star Universe (and the whole Phantasy Star series).
  • LastlaughLastlaugh Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CoD: Black Ops.

I can't get enough. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    diddky kong racing-immense single player

XBox 360?

My choice would be very different if it was for any platform.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mass Effect 2, because it's awesome.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    XBox 360?

Yeah me too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Left 4 Dead 1. I think its brilliant and so addictive.

Cant stand L4D2 though.
  • SmiirkySmiirky Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really, why do you dislike L4D2? I couldn't attach to the characters as much but I loved the Melee weapons.
  • Jon79Jon79 Posts: 1,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mass Effect 2 for managing to equal the first game (which happened to be my favourite game up to that point)

I love games that are character driven and have a good story.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Smiirky wrote: »
    Really, why do you dislike L4D2? I couldn't attach to the characters as much but I loved the Melee weapons.

I dunno. Like you I couldnt get attached to the characters but I also disliked the campaigns esp that stupid carnival one I thought it was just horrible.
  • gslam2gslam2 Posts: 1,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably Oblivion - the reason I bought my 360 in the first place.

Played it so many times and love the freedom you have.

Next would be, Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Topspin 3 so with sequels to all 4 coming this year I'm very happy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    XBox 360?

nintendo 64

oh right,didnt realise it was just xbox

i guess mass effect or pes 6/2011
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Multiplayer:

Halo Reach, possibly the most polished FPS I have ever bought (unlike Black Ops there is no compulsion to trade this one in any time soon) and the community is great.

Singleplayer:

GTA IV, much longevity and challenging!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    speaking of halo,are the hal3 servers still up and running...loved that online
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    speaking of halo,are the hal3 servers still up and running...loved that online

They are, I don't expect them to be closed any time soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i was worried after reach was released is all