Options

Sciencetology

SuperbassSuperbass Posts: 960
Forum Member
✭✭
Do you know any Sciencetologists? How do you feel about them? I was reading about the organization and L Ron Hubbard yesterday and it sounds scary! Threatening people who dare to say a bad word against them!

Comments

• Options
    and101and101 Posts: 2,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Superbass wrote: »
    Threatening people who dare to say a bad word against them!

They are wonderful people, the nicest in the world, I would never say anything bad about them.
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you know any Sciencetologists? How do you feel about them?

Only Tom Cruise.

I think he was good in Top Gun and A Few Good Men.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I don't know any scientologists either
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and101 wrote: »
    They are wonderful people, the nicest in the world, I would never say anything bad about them.

Tom, is that you?
  • Options
    patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you know any Sciencetologists? How do you feel about them? I was reading about the organization and L Ron Hubbard yesterday and it sounds scary! Threatening people who dare to say a bad word against them!

Probably as plausible as any other theory about our origins that attempts to move beyond the fairly limited (and ever-changing) boundaries of our scientific understanding. However, the manner in which they demand financial recompense and extend favourable restrictions to the famous screams manipulation and abuse to me.
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only Tom Cruise.

I think he was good in Top Gun and A Few Good Men.
    One of my favourite and most memorable Courtroom 'finales'!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom, is that you?
    No, I'm definitely not Tom, I don't even own a closet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and101 wrote: »
    No, I'm definitely not Tom, I don't even own a closet.

What about a fake wife?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about a fake wife?
    It would be nice but alas no. :(
  • Options
    REDBUSREDBUS Posts: 2,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only 684 post's ,MMwwaaaammmmmm ,may be a sleeper plot by the crazies
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    REDBUS wrote: »
    Only 684 post's ,MMwwaaaammmmmm ,may be a sleeper plot by the crazies

If you go through my post history, you'll see you're wrong. :)
  • Options
    emily222emily222 Posts: 2,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ron l hubbard was a deranged man
    iirc
  • Options
    Baboo YaguBaboo Yagu Posts: 5,803
    Forum Member
    It isn't 'Sciencetology' at all, it's Scientology! Please don't bring my profession into disrepute by associating it with that bunch of murderous whackjobs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Baboo Yagu wrote: »
    It isn't 'Sciencetology' at all, it's Scientology! Please don't bring my profession into disrepute by associating it with that bunch of murderous whackjobs.

Sorry! I did google it and it came up 'Sciencetology'!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's no madder than all the other religions and cults.
  • Options
    spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nasty. evil. keep well away.

http://www.xenu.net/
  • Options
    ScubyScuby Posts: 1,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One branch of our family are dye hard Scientologists, the cousin started here at St Anne´s Hill near East Grinstead, his wife and children are all involved, He is now over 60 and joined way back, he tried very very hard to get us involved.

He pulled away from the family for some time, gave all his money to them etc etc. We are still in touch but we wont dicuss Scientology:mad:
  • Options
    emily222emily222 Posts: 2,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scuby wrote: »
    One branch of our family are dye hard Scientologists, the cousin started here at St Anne´s Hill near East Grinstead, his wife and children are all involved, He is now over 60 and joined way back, he tried very very hard to get us involved.

He pulled away from the family for some time, gave all his money to them etc etc. We are still in touch but we wont dicuss Scientology:mad:

no diff to jehovahs cults split families up, quite evil in intent
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did like L.Ron Hubbard's book battlefield earth, so apart from the the religious nuttery stuff he's not all bad. Shyte film though.
  • Options
    GreenJellyJamGreenJellyJam Posts: 1,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did like L.Ron Hubbard's book battlefield earth, so apart from the the religious nuttery stuff he's not all bad. Shyte film though.

Near the end of his life wasn't he kicked out of his own "religion" because he admitted he was bullpooing every one?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dunno about that but another author claims they they had a chat in the 1940s (maybe 1950s)where they both agreed the easiest way to make money in the USA would be to found your own religion......and the rest was history!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the only thing we can be sure everyone knows about scientology is that they're all touched with the crazies.

Don't they have like levels that you aspire to and the more money you put in, the higher you get and the closer to all the secrets you get? Only nobody ever really gets to the level where the secrets are. I only wish I'd thought of it.
  • Options
    BagpipesBagpipes Posts: 5,443
    Forum Member
    Baboo Yagu wrote: »

'Science' is not a profession.

Sometimes when walking past their old outlet in Tottenham Court road I'd get asked by one of their representatives to do a questionnaire. I went inside once as I had no idea what Scientology was at the time. They were a bit too insistent for my liking so I left with a leaflet. After reading some of their literature I still had no idea what they were on about, and still don't really.
  • Options
    Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Scientology.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bagpipes wrote: »
    'Science' is not a profession.

Sometimes when walking past their old outlet in Tottenham Court road I'd get asked by one of their representatives to do a questionnaire. I went inside once as I had no idea what Scientology was at the time. They were a bit too insistent for my liking so I left with a leaflet. After reading some of their literature I still had no idea what they were on about, and still don't really.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... there goes another one.