EE - Janine's inheritance

Glitter03Glitter03 Posts: 2,979
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone know how much she actually inherited?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently her accountant said she had so much even if she tried to spend it all, she couldn't or something along those lines..I think.
  • Glitter03Glitter03 Posts: 2,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently her accountant said she had so much even if she tried to spend it all, she couldn't or something along those lines..I think.

Ah ok, so it was never revealed to the viewers how much she got?

Is that so she can lose it all and be skint again in the future LOL!
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe, esp. as her departure is coming soon
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    didnt she inherit money aswell as her gran massive country house
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah, but like so many other things, the house has probably been forgotten about
  • ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think she should lose it all, I think her finding out about michael scamming staceys mum will be the thing that makes her go ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I heard that when Janine goes, she books herself into a health farm for croaky-voice syndrome.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard that when Janine goes, she books herself into a health farm for croaky-voice syndrome.

haha she does have a croaky voice:)
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it would be a step too far if Janine somehow lost all her money, that would mean we have two women (Roxy and Janine) on the show who both inherited millions and pounds and somehow managed to lose the lot and end up broke. Its such a ridiculous unbelievable thing to happen - having it occur twice would be too much.
  • ChattinglilChattinglil Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    not as ridiculous as someone like Janine staying in Walford if she had enough money to go anywhere...
  • doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member

and wobbly head syndrome ....
  • Milton JonesMilton Jones Posts: 2,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why on earth would her gran who knew her for 5 minutes decide to give all her money to janine (her grand daughter) when she has a son and other family members who are closer, yet more shabby writing, but at least its not as bad as roxy spending archies millions on drinks and a few tops and skirts, oh and a dodgy car as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why on earth would her gran who knew her for 5 minutes decide to give all her money to janine (her grand daughter) when she has a son and other family members who are closer, yet more shabby writing, but at least its not as bad as roxy spending archies millions on drinks and a few tops and skirts, oh and a dodgy car as well.

i wouldn't put it down to shabby writing. She was out of touch with her son for years, and never interacted with her family bar Janine (Not even Ricky altho there was a lovely scene when she bonded with Tiffany).

Additionally, just before her death, Lydia intended to donate her entire estate to charity but decided that Janine needed it more as she was in near poverty at the time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IanMandy wrote: »
    i wouldn't put it down to shabby writing. She was out of touch with her son for years, and never interacted with her family bar Janine (Not even Ricky altho there was a lovely scene when she bonded with Tiffany).

Additionally, just before her death, Lydia intended to donate her entire estate to charity but decided that Janine needed it more as she was in near poverty at the time.

Then how come we have never seen her speak with janine except for (very conveniently) in her dying days. Surely if they were so close they would have met more often. And somehow i find it very hard to believe someone like lydia would donate her entire money to charity in the first place. Plot holes and plot holes...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then how come we have never seen her speak with janine except for (very conveniently) in her dying days. Surely if they were so close they would have met more often. And somehow i find it very hard to believe someone like lydia would donate her entire money to charity in the first place. Plot holes and plot holes...

Firstly, Lydia wasn't dying when she met Janine. Secondly, after June died, she wanted custody of Janine, was refused and lost all contact with her, only finally contacting her in 2011.

The reason she wanted to donate her money to charity was because it was the charity that helped look after June when she had cancer
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think she should lose it all, I think her finding out about michael scamming staceys mum will be the thing that makes her go ...

I can't help but think she'd actually be proud of what Michael did. I hope not, though.

They give Janine character development, make her seem human ... and then go round in circles with her again. I'm bored of her now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly, Lydia wasn't dying when she met Janine. Secondly, after June died, she wanted custody of Janine, was refused and lost all contact with her, only finally contacting her in 2011.

The reason she wanted to donate her money to charity was because it was the charity that helped look after June when she had cancer

Well like i said very conveniently she dies within two months of meeting janine, so she decided in two months she would give all her money (millions of life savings, house an all) to her granddaughter over her own son who is just as estranged to her as janine. Very realistic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well like i said very conveniently she dies within two months of meeting janine, so she decided in two months she would give all her money (millions of life savings, house an all) to her granddaughter over her own son who is just as estranged to her as janine. Very realistic.

But she loved Janine like her own and it was only at the very end that she changed her will. The night before her death, the money was going to the charity. Lydia, realising she was dying, changed her mind and decided that Janine needed it more. The fact that Lydia gave put Janine first rather than the charity that saved her beloved daughter showed she loved janine dearly and realised she needed it more. janine needed it then, June's ordeal was over.
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janine and Lydia werent completely estranged - remember Janine recieved a birthday card from Lydia in 2010. So Lydia knew where Janine lived, i think we're meant to assume that they had minimal contact over the years off-screen. In April 2011 when Lydia was in hospital she manipulated the situation so Janine would visit her and take care of her. I think she knew she was dying from the April when she made her first appearance in hospital hence why she wanted to be reunited with Janine before the end.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But she loved Janine like her own and it was only at the very end that she changed her will. The night before her death, the money was going to the charity. Lydia, realising she was dying, changed her mind and decided that Janine needed it more. The fact that Lydia gave put Janine first rather than the charity that saved her beloved daughter showed she loved janine dearly and realised she needed it more. janine needed it then, June's ordeal was over.

Thats what i mean that is so unrealistic and convenient to fit the storyline to make janine rich. And even if janine was poor doesnt mean she should need millions give her some, i find it very unrealistic that she wont leave nothing for no other family members except her granddaughter who she only just met.

Fair enough give janine money but share some with others like her son. Who she completely forgot :D
  • ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats what i mean that is so unrealistic and convenient to fit the storyline to make janine rich. And even if janine was poor doesnt mean she should need millions give her some, i find it very unrealistic that she wont leave nothing for no other family members except her granddaughter who she only just met.

Fair enough give janine money but share some with others like her son. Who she completely forgot :D

But Janine was there in her last months, no one else in her family was..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But Janine was there in her last months, no one else in her family was..

Exactly....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What if she had no one to give her money to (apart from her son Norman or Ricky).... Janine took her in and looked after her, Lydia didn't get on with Norman and probably has no contact to any other family... Thats why she was going to give it to charity, but then Janine came along and looked after Lydia and she loved Janine... so she changed her will, think about it.. you finally get back in contact with your granddaughter, she cares for you even though she can barely afford to care for herself with the money she doesn't possess. Would you choose, make your granddaughters dreams come true and at least get her out of trouble? Or send your millions to a charity and leave your granddaughter in her smelly old flat until she gets evicted?
    It may not make sense to you but Janine was there for her in her time of need, she loved Janine so she gave her millions to Janine :)
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not as ridiculous as someone like Janine staying in Walford if she had enough money to go anywhere...

Exactly...
  • madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member

good post