Tesco refusing to refund/replace/repair guaranteed electrical equipment.

2»

Comments

• AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    munta wrote: »
    That is true for rejecting the goods. Repair or replacement is covered for 6 months with the retailer having to prove it is fit for purpose.
    Oops, yes - you're right. So the OP is entitled to a replacement. My mistake.
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caxton wrote: »
    What make of recorder was it because with some of the cheap ones you get what you pay for and they tend not to be so tolerant of signals that are not so strong.

I assume it is just dropping out on some channels and not others or is it all of them because it it picks up some of the OK and not others that points to a poor signal rather than a fault with the recorder itself.
    Goodmans.

It drops out on all channels, even the highest-powered multiplex.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spimf wrote: »
    Pretty sure it is, as part of the sale of goods act.

OP this might be helpful http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/738369/738372/ataglance_pdf.pdf there is a lot more detailed info out there, if you want to look into it further.

Edit - this is from a customer POV http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/738369/738378/forcustomersflowchart_pdf.pdf

Thanks. I'll take a look at those shortly. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what is the further fault ?
    It goes off every few minutes.
  • RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,071
    Forum Member
    Now you're here OP what is the other fault you mentionex had developed? I ask on behalf of JasonWatkins cos he'll not sleep till we know! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now you're here OP what is the other fault you mentionex had developed? I ask on behalf of JasonWatkins cos he'll not sleep till we know! :)
    It goes off evey few minutes.

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I'm off to read up on a few things.
  • RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,071
    Forum Member
    It goes off evey few minutes.

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I'm off to read up on a few things.

Ta! :)
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thankyou for ensuring I can now sleep later. I just now need to find out what the other poster's handset is in the other ebay thread :D
  • evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    What about Implied Terms - Section 14 (2) as amended: Where the seller sells goods in the course of a business, there is an implied term that the goods supplied under the contract are of satisfactory quality. (2A): goods are of satisfactory quality if they meet the standard that a reasonable person would regard as satisfactory, taking account of any description of the goods, the price (if relevant) and all the other relevant circumstances. Also Section 14(2B): quality of goods, (e) durability.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Managed to get a refund yesterday afternoon, after complaining to head office. Tesco told me my signal strength comparison was enough to prove the box wasn't working properly, even without the latest problem it had developed, and I shouldn't have been told otherwise.

Bought a new box in a different shop.
  • muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Managed to get a refund yesterday afternoon, after complaining to head office. Tesco told me my signal strength comparison was enough to prove the box wasn't working properly, even without the latest problem it had developed, and I shouldn't have been told otherwise.

Bought a new box in a different shop.

I'm glad you got a result :)

And hopefully head office will have words with the manager of the store and kick his butt for losing a customer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    munta wrote: »
    I'm glad you got a result :)

And hopefully head office will have words with the manager of the store and kick his butt for losing a customer.
    Thanks. :)