Options

James Franco Asks 17 Year Old To Meet Him In Hotel

pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
Forum Member
✭✭
The Huffington Post reporting, and posting screenshots, of a phone conversation between a 17 year old Scottish girl in NYC for her birthday talking to James Franco, who proves who he is by fulfilling her request to post a picture of him holding a piece of paper with her name on it, asking her if she wants to meet up in a hotel in NYC before she goes home.

Scroll down for the slideshow of the screenshots.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/03/james-franco-teenage-girl_n_5083172.html

Comments

• Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what if he did.... She could of said NO ...
  • Options
    Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A sex offender if he sleeps with her in the US

A hero if he sleeps with her in the UK

The law is an ass
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's an idiot if this is all true, but she's just as bad...she told him where her hotel was etc and didn't exactly decline his offer.
  • Options
    TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The law is an ass

Incorrect, age of consent is 17 in NY where they met.
  • Options
    KookyKatieKookyKatie Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The law is an ass

No, the age of consent in New York is 17 and the age of consent in the UK is 16. He wouldn't be a sex offender in either jurisdiction. There's nothing wrong with what he did, if he actually did it.

I suspect it's all a stunt - it seems like too much of a coincidence given that his new movie project is about an older man's relationship with a under-age girl.

All that said, I think he's pretty ugly. If he wasn't a celebrity, would anyone even be attracted to him?
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The law is an ass

Who claimed he would be a hero in the UK?
  • Options
    lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a publicity stunt for his new film
  • Options
    stu64stu64 Posts: 5,273
    Forum Member
    lola_skye wrote: »
    It's a publicity stunt for his new film

Working a treat so far! All over the newspaper sites and of course all social media websites are running with him. Nearly all of them mention his film to. Job done in terms of maximum promotion for his new film..all for free
  • Options
    Peter VenkmanPeter Venkman Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Producer: What might be good is if you hit on a young girl online or something. If it goes viral, great publicity for the film!

Franco: Sure.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    Yes I do think he comes across as a bit of a sleaze but he was trying to ascertain how old she was and she wasn't being exactly upfront about that.
    She also doesn't come across well as she was encouraging him and then went and posted all of this online despite saying she wouldn't tell people.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a bit sleazy
  • Options
    TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simi89 wrote: »
    Yes I do think he comes across as a bit of a sleaze but he was trying to ascertain how old she was and she wasn't being exactly upfront about that.

I think responding to the question 'you're 18?' with 'nearly 18' and 'when is your bday?' with 'in May' is pretty upfront.
  • Options
    jazzyminajazzymina Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    He comes across as a perv and a creep as shes 17 years old and hes like 35. What exactly does he have in common with a 17 years old? He needs to find women closer to his age.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    Tribute wrote: »
    I think responding to the question 'you're 18?' with 'nearly 18' and 'when is your bday?' with 'in May' is pretty upfront.

I can see that I am probably being a bit pedantic but why not just say how old she actually was ie 17? But I see your point. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    I suspect, if these allegations are true, James Franco would be viewed as "creepy" at best in the UK, rather than a hero, and chances are the British press would give him hell for it.

Like that "TV Comic" who supposedly led along a mentally ill person who later tried to kill themselves (at the time, the person's mental health issues were unknown), the "TV Comic" has not been accused of having done anything illegal, but the press still want their blood, and they appear to be pissed off they've been asked not to report the person's name either...
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KookyKatie wrote: »

All that said, I think he's pretty ugly. If he wasn't a celebrity, would anyone even be attracted to him?

I would :blush:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect, if these allegations are true, James Franco would be viewed as "creepy" at best in the UK, rather than a hero, and chances are the British press would give him hell for it.

Like that "TV Comic" who supposedly led along a mentally ill person who later tried to kill themselves (at the time, the person's mental health issues were unknown), the "TV Comic" has not been accused of having done anything illegal, but the press still want their blood, and they appear to be pissed off they've been asked not to report the person's name either...

Except, you know, Lembit Opik dated a student, Claire Sweeny's just split from her toyboy, Ronnie Wood dated a student, Sam Taylor Wood basically groomed Aaron Johnson from the time he was 15 an then married him... if you're rich enough, you can be in your 60s dating a teenager and nobody cares.
  • Options
    Leanne_Blake1Leanne_Blake1 Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't get the furore. She is 17, therefore of age and didn't seem shy and retiring in the exchanges.
  • Options
    ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there is something off about this guy anyway regardless if this is true or not. most people seem to think he is mr perfect but there something creepy about the guy.
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well for starters the story is all 'alleged' (much like another recent one, where a lot was alleged on the sayso of one party but hard to get any confirmation of).

Age of consent is still what's decided by law whether we all like it or not - not by an individual's moral outrage - much as it seems young, they are still deemed consenting adults on the merit that they have reached adulthood. This girl was nearly 18.

As far as the story goes, and the way it's presented by this source, if it's not some giant prank/promo to get attention (Franco is known to be quirky) and given that he's already responded with sarcasm openly, the girl is still an adult, and is old enough to get married and ergo have children at 18 in the state of New York - without consent of a parent or guardian.

People should start getting cut up when Franco and anyone else, straight or gay, seduces a minor. An actual minor. And I'll be right up there with you with knives out.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest I just think he was a bit stupid. She over the legal age and actually looks as though she is about 21. Its not as if she looks like some pre teen. She is woman and she certainly wasn't shy in the chat if you read it. If anything she encouraged him.
  • Options
    lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest I just think he was a bit stupid. She over the legal age and actually looks as though she is about 21. Its not as if she looks like some pre teen. She is woman and she certainly wasn't shy in the chat if you read it. If anything she encouraged him.

She didn't encourage him at all. He asked and she answered. If anything she came across as a fan.
    It's what he was saying to her that makes him sound creepy. There was only one thing on his mind and she said no.
    Probably put it on the internet when she realised what a tit he is
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jazzymina wrote: »
    He comes across as a perv and a creep as shes 17 years old and hes like 35. What exactly does he have in common with a 17 years old? He needs to find women closer to his age.

Rather sad that, at 35, he's having to tout for interest on social network.

If it is some kind of publicity stunt then I'm not sure it was such a bright idea in 'hitting' on a 17-year old.

OK, she's above age but you'd think a supposedly successful man in his 30s would have more offers on his plate than resorting to this......
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has admitted it on tv. I don't see what he has done wrong though. Both of them are of the age of consent so I don't see the big issue.
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    It's a bit sleazy

Sleazy and disgusting is the mere idea of a rancid fat balding turd named max sleeping with a teenage girl in Eastenders, this is just a publicity thing for Franco and judging by the way his career has nosedived he needs all the help he can get.