Options

Married.... With Children

LMLM Posts: 63,511
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone like this show?

I started watching the other day as all 11 seasons are on you tube. Such a brilliant show. Bit OTT in places and a few "jump the shark" moments but i love the humor.

I just adore Katey Sagel. It's interesting to see how her, Ed O'neill and Christina Applegate have done since the show ended

Comments

• Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whoa Bundy !

Probably my favourite US sitcom........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite a shame it was never given a proper series finale and that it ended on just a typical episode but then at least it never ended on a cliffhanger

I believe the show helped launch FOX though.
  • Options
    TheTrader78TheTrader78 Posts: 948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My favourite US sitcom until Scrubs arrived.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I first watched it on ITV back in the 80s but it was one of those shows that they never quite knew what to do with and after the first series or so it started to get shoved off to 3AM or dropped for a while.........

Sky did show it later more or les as a complete run through which was great as I'd never seen the later series after ITV dropped it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have been checking out a lot of old sitcoms, as well as present ones
    90 per cent of i have seen i haven't liked

What i love about this show is how the Bundy's are not perfect. At the time you had the all perfect american families with the likes of The jeffersons, The cosbys, Family ties and many others. Then the bundy's came along. The kids were a bit rude. The parents were far from being the greatest parents. Nothing was ever tied up in a pretty bow in just 20 minutes. They struggled with living day by day. They were daring. Just damn right unapologetic. I love that.
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kelly was really attractive and totally thick. A good combination

Although they were supposed to be a really poor family, they never seemed that hard up to me. America vs britain, i suppose.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loves this Al Bundy was hilarious :D
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It started off fantastically, being a sort of anti-Cosby show. Sadly, it quite quickly fell prey to lazy writers ramping up various character traits to extreme levels for cheap laughs. It was still good, but not as good as it could have been. All IMHO, of course.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    All 11 seasons are on Amazon UK to stream now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All 11 seasons are on Amazon UK to stream now.

More of a netflix dude
    Shame it isn't on there but You tube will serve my fix
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    A very funny show that I really enjoyed. Ed O'Neill and the rest of the cast were very funny.
  • Options
    AL_BundyAL_Bundy Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Anyone like this show?

I started watching the other day as all 11 seasons are on you tube. Such a brilliant show. Bit OTT in places and a few "jump the shark" moments but i love the humor.

I just adore Katey Sagel. It's interesting to see how her, Ed O'neill and Christina Applegate have done since the show ended

So every single episode on youtube?

I have bought the seasons 1-4 on DVD but no more have ever been released so to be able to watch them would be great.
  • Options
    calderyoncalderyon Posts: 4,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the greatest comedy shows ever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AL_Bundy wrote: »
    So every single episode on youtube?

I have bought the seasons 1-4 on DVD but no more have ever been released so to be able to watch them would be great.

Yes

and yeah annoying. I would happily buy the complete series but not available on dvd for the last 7 seasons. May settle for a US import, but have been a bit of sad person and actually emailed FOX about any future releases for the show in the UK.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    It started off fantastically, being a sort of anti-Cosby show. Sadly, it quite quickly fell prey to lazy writers ramping up various character traits to extreme levels for cheap laughs. It was still good, but not as good as it could have been. All IMHO, of course.

One of the greatest comedies ever, though ITV (I think it was on ITV) kept shifting it around in the schedules.

It went downhill when episodes started featuring guest stars, who came in to huge rounds of applause.
  • Options
    dragonzorddragonzord Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ed O'Neil is on Modern Family now.
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember watching this in 90's but it was on the "sky one" run weekdays

I am pretty sure in every episode there was something to get you in stitches, one episode I have in my head (correct me) was there something about a woman who came in his store about her shoe size and Al goes off on a rant :o:D

it might be the one lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-ZpcJ9kuxw
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    I remember watching this in 90's but it was on the "sky one" run weekdays

I am pretty sure in every episode there was something to get you in stitches, one episode I have in my head (correct me) was there something about a woman who came in his store about her shoe size and Al goes off on a rant :o:D

it might be the one lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-ZpcJ9kuxw

i also think sky1 showed a episode never aired in the USA.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

and yeah annoying. I would happily buy the complete series but not available on dvd for the last 7 seasons. May settle for a US import, but have been a bit of sad person and actually emailed FOX about any future releases for the show in the UK.
    i got the complete 11 season box set the usa 2 years ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dragonzord wrote: »
    i got the complete 11 season box set the usa 2 years ago.

What is the show like in the later seasons? I hear mixed things.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is the show like in the later seasons? I hear mixed things.

Still some good ones.
  • Options
    sonicshadowsonicshadow Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    Yes

Just import them from Amazon Germany. Not that expensive and it automatically switches the language to English when you put it in a UK DVD player.
  • Options
    AL_BundyAL_Bundy Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Yes

Seems I am I equally as sad because I emailed but never got a response keep me updated if they get back to you please also if you manage to get a decent import .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dragonzord wrote: »
    Still some good ones.

Thanks
    Just import them from Amazon Germany. Not that expensive and it automatically switches the language to English when you put it in a UK DVD player.

Maybe
    AL_Bundy wrote: »
    Seems I am I equally as sad because I emailed but never got a response keep me updated if they get back to you please also if you manage to get a decent import .

Yeah of course:)
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe they had to replace the Sinatra version of the theme on the DVD with a poorly sounding instrumental version of the song.