• Options
    neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    But

The HTC One is better than both. :D

Aww can feel the heat already!

Not sure about the HTC One as never used it but up until the other day I had an HTC Desire S for just under 2 years and it suffered from signal drop outs now and again and that has sort of put me off HTC. A a friend of my sisters has an HTC Wildfire S and thats not much better than my old Desire S was.
    Get a Nexus 4 I have had mine 4 days now and it seems a great phone and signal seems better on it than it was on my old HTC Desire S and so for I have had no problems with my Nexus 4.

Darren
  • Options
    swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    chenks wrote: »
    IN YOUR OPINION.
    your opinion does not make it fact.

the term "best" is very subjective and it depends entirely on what you would use a device for and how you use it.

oh really

Yes strange as it may be and I know it gets a little tricky for you to grasp but unlike you what I think the best for me and my particular preference does not make it the best phone or one I would necessarily recommend.

You see I can be objective about things and for example owning a nexus 4 would would not necessitate me to go to every thread claiming it to be the best phone for no reason especially when no mention of that phone was even made.

Preference and/or need for various reasons make a phone choice a matter of opinion as I have already stated but ignoring the general consensus on what is considered the best because you haven't bought it is a little arrogant and narrow minded.
  • Options
    neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My sister loves her Iphone 3GS and is looking to upgrade to the IPhone 4S or IPhone 5. She would not get an adriond due to the fact that some of the apps come to the IPhone and IPad first and thinks the IPhone is far better than some of the andriod phone out there.
    I would no get an Iphone as im no to keen on ITunes.
    After 4 days im so far loving the Nexus 4 and im glad after just under 2 years I got rid of my HTC Desire S due to signal drop outs now and again. I did look at the Samsug Galaxy 3 but I had been thinking of getting the Nexus 4 since March/April as I also had the Nexus 7 tablet.

Darren
  • Options
    mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    ney wrote: »
    Not sure about the HTC One as never used it but up until the other day I had an HTC Desire S for just under 2 years and it suffered from signal drop outs now and again and that has sort of put me off HTC. A a friend of my sisters has an HTC Wildfire S and thats not much better than my old Desire S was.
    Get a Nexus 4 I have had mine 4 days now and it seems a great phone and signal seems better on it than it was on my old HTC Desire S and so for I have had no problems with my Nexus 4.

Darren

Well this is my first Android phone, and i dont suffer any real problems with it, WiFi is flakey, and home buttons, but im blaming EE for that as they STILL havent released the update HTC launched about a month back to fix.
  • Options
    jonner101jonner101 Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swordman wrote: »
    Yes strange as it may be and I know it gets a little tricky for you to grasp but unlike you what I think the best for me and my particular preference does not make it the best phone or one I would necessarily recommend.

You see I can be objective about things and for example owning a nexus 4 would would not necessitate me to go to every thread claiming it to be the best phone for no reason especially when no mention of that phone was even made.

Preference and/or need for various reasons make a phone choice a matter of opinion as I have already stated but ignoring the general consensus on what is considered the best because you haven't bought it is a little arrogant and narrow minded.

There is no general consensus though that's the point, I've seen various top 10 phone lists some say the S4, some say the HTC one, I say the nexus 4 for various reasons.

I hate with a passion the overblown crapware you get on the s4 so for me it's a mess
  • Options
    swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    And those lists all always have the s4 or one above the Nexus which was my point not that the s4 was necessarily the best phone in the world

My note 2 is far superior to my Nexus in my opinion which like most Nexus is under whelming but that doesn't mean my note 2 is the best phone.

Because you seem to have a weird hated for Samsung doesn't make them not the better phone something you clearly can't come to terms with.