Options

Mr Stiffy has turned into Mr Floppy........

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,562
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi all

So this is a bit of a a embarassing problem. My partner and myself have enjoyed a very healthy sex life (we have been together about 6 months). It has always been brilliant, he's been a bit of a sex pest if anything. At least 2-3 times a day and always lots of fun :D

Anyway a few days ago I made a (in hindsight very bad) joke about him ejaculating too soon. The exact circumstances/conversation escapes me but it was fairly obvious it was a joke and we always have a bit of banter with each other so I didnt expect him to take offence nor did he seem too.

But later on he couldnt get an erection. I politely ignored it as I didnt want to make a big issue out of it. We had a drink and got a bit merry that night and all was well 'downstairs' later on so I thought no more of it. But its happened again, he got very upset and embarassed.

I'm fairly confident its not that he isnt physically attracted to me. I'm not full of myself but I know Im not unattractive and we were 'at it like rabbits' for want of a better phrase up untill 3 days ago. I know I can't have changed much in that space of time. He also insists its nothing related to me. I'm also 100% confident he isn't cheating.

He can still get an erection when he wakes up like most men do so its obviously not a problem with his bits and bobs. Seems like a mental issue that Im worried is going to become a bit of a self fufilling prophecy if we dont do something.

Has anyone had experience of this? And what can I do to get things back on track?

Thanks all :)

NB: I should mention we are both in our late twenties.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the "joke" is still playing on his mind....

You need to talk to him about it, i can imagine it would have dented his confidence somewhat.
  • Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like he is putting too much pressure on himself now he thinks that he can't pleasure you. I would stick with foreplay for a few days and see how it goes from there.
  • Options
    Charlie_the_catCharlie_the_cat Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing helpful to add other than how nice it is to see someone who can write English and spell n wossname.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    knee length boots :D

seriously though (and i dont mean to be mean) its probably what you said - the subconcious is a minefield, especially in blokes....

previous poster said stick with foreplay - seems like a good idea?? maybe build up to a quickie and then get back into the swing of things.

oh and the words "oooh oooh aaaah big boy" or similar are guaranteed to help ;)

good luck pet :)
  • Options
    cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That poor chap.

You've ruined his virility with your flippant remark.

I suggest you send him dirty pictures of yourself. Post them up on here first so we can select the right ones.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cosmo wrote: »
    That poor chap.

You've ruined his virility with your flippant remark.

I suggest you send him dirty pictures of yourself. Post them up on here first so we can select the right ones.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thanks all for the advice. I really didnt think a little joke (albeit a not very funny one) could have such a massive impact on such things!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say it was your joke that's done it. Some men are very sensative about that sort of thing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    It's your own fault.