Google Chrome and Tor Browser

FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Will I get tracked if I use both Google Chrome and the Tor Browser one after the other, in other words, keep them both open?

Comments

• DaedrothDaedroth Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get tracked by who?
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just assume the answer is yes.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FIFA1966 wrote: »
    Will I get tracked if I use both Google Chrome and the Tor Browser one after the other, in other words, keep them both open?

Even if you did get tracked, what's so bad about it? Websites (or a lot of them) log our IP addresses anyway from what I've read. You can't stay completely anonymous on the internet.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    No.

if you are using the Tor bundle and chrome not through tor as far as the rest of the world is concerned they are two separate entities. no different from me using the tor browser and you using chrome in the open. only your chrome can be identified to you.

that having been said. if you were a terrorist there may be some way around it for the spooks. such as comparing when you were active in one window or the other. or if you are copying and pasting links between them etc.
  • radioanorakradioanorak Posts: 4,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ways to reduce being tracked
    [1 ] Use private browsing in your browser
    [2 ] Use the Media hint extension in Chrome or Firefox
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would you use both browsers, anyway? I would've expected folk using Tor to just use Tor and not want/need to use anything else...
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Why would you use both browsers, anyway? I would've expected folk using Tor to just use Tor and not want/need to use anything else...

using tor, especially in the bundle can be quite slow. also it is bad form to put too much load on tor if you are not offering it back.

so people usually only use the bundle for when they are up to no good. or for example those people who have more than one account on such as DS and use the other one to agree with themselves.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    using tor, especially in the bundle can be quite slow. also it is bad form to put too much load on tor if you are not offering it back.

so people usually only use the bundle for when they are up to no good. or for example those people who have more than one account on such as DS and use the other one to agree with themselves.

Ah, I did wonder if speed might be an issue with Tor...hadn't considered trolling forums, either! :D