Options

My dog swallowed a bit of beef with the netting on it..

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
Forum Member
Will he be ok?

Comments

• Options
    susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    beetroot wrote: »
    Will he be ok?

What kind of netting is it, plastic or cloth? If cloth, yes, he should be fine. Plastic netting, I'd contact the vet and check.
  • Options
    sesmosesmo Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't want to alarm, but my niece's dad's dog swallowed a 4 inch length of ribbon that he'd chewed off something. He ended up having to have an operation to remove it. He did show symptoms of having belly ache about 3 days after they think he ate it. They didn't know what was up with him till he had the operation. I hope your dog is ok- am sure mine used to eat it as well when he managed to steal stuff off the worktop.

I'd keep a close eye on him and if he looks like he's uncomfortable around the belly area I'd get him off to the vets.

ETA: agree with the poster above about plastic vs cloth netting.
  • Options
    Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    My dog swallowed the string type attached to meat and it came out the same way it went in ..... stringy !!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Button62 wrote: »
    My dog swallowed the string type attached to meat and it came out the same way it went in ..... stringy !!

We had a dog that used to eat ribbons, shoelaces, all sorts of stuff. It all came out the other end, he was a canine garbage disposal unit!
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    susie-4964 wrote: »
    We had a dog that used to eat ribbons, shoelaces, all sorts of stuff. It all came out the other end, he was a canine garbage disposal unit!

Had to laugh at your post, my wee daschund is a terrible girl for anything plastic. Techni-colour dream Poo. Have spoken to the vet and he was not concerned. She just loves the taste of plastic, but she is soooo beautiful, I forgive her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    Had to laugh at your post, my wee daschund is a terrible girl for anything plastic. Techni-colour dream Poo. Have spoken to the vet and he was not concerned. She just loves the taste of plastic, but she is soooo beautiful, I forgive her.

Our Maine **** is a devil for plastic bags and rubber bands - we try to make sure there aren't any around for him to get, but occasionally he'll have one. Doesn't seem to do him any harm, but obviously not to be encouraged!
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    susie-4964 wrote: »
    Our Maine **** is a devil for plastic bags and rubber bands - we try to make sure there aren't any around for him to get, but occasionally he'll have one. Doesn't seem to do him any harm, but obviously not to be encouraged!

My Maine Coone loves plastic bags tooo. Why? such a strange thing for a cat to like. She sits on them, bites them, fights with them. I think I have pschotic pets.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Thanks for your replies, turns out my dog is ok..he vomited it up this morning!
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent news, beetroot ! :D