The song in The snowman and snowdog?

i love skyi love sky Posts: 3,296
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just watched the Snowman and the Snowdog and wanted to know what is the song while the snowman is flying around?

such a great song for the snowman and the snowdog.

Comments

• Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a simple search would suffice

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2560206/soundtrack
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Its by Andy Burrows (ex Razorlight drummer) and is called Light The Night.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dekkard wrote: »
    Its by Andy Burrows (ex Razorlight drummer) and is called Light The Night.

And it would be lovely if you could hear what the hell they are singing about. It may just as well be an instrumental.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And it would be lovely if you could hear what the hell they are singing about. It may just as well be an instrumental.

Huh? Pretty clear as far as I was concerned.

Great song. Prefer it even to Walking in the Air.

Would be happy to see TS&TS nommed at Oscar time but I suspect that more innocent time has gone and a humble crayon animation will get overlooked this time round
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you like that song you might like the Christmas album he made with Tom Smith, 'Funny Looking Angels' Smith & Burrows.

It's my favourite Christmas album ever, this is 'When the Thames froze' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1VwOk9eacQ
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember the writer of walking in the air called it "bad, x-factor sounding pop" but I thought it was lovely.
  • cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's another lovely song later in the film, during the "flying home" sequence (also sung by Andy Burrows): I think it's called Hometown. The lyrics are something like "I can see the ground, I can't see you..." Beautiful song; even nicer than Light The Night IMO.

I wonder if these songs will become as familiar to today's kids as WITA was to our generation?
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cathrin wrote: »
    There's another lovely song later in the film, during the "flying home" sequence (also sung by Andy Burrows): I think it's called Hometown. The lyrics are something like "I can see the ground, I can't see you..." Beautiful song; even nicer than Light The Night IMO.

I wonder if these songs will become as familiar to today's kids as WITA was to our generation?

probably if teir parents listen to radio 2 they play them every half hour
  • doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My friends sister was one of the double bassists for this :)