Options

Any good free real tone ringtones?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 463
Forum Member
Is there any website where you can get free realtone ringtones?

I also don't have wap set up on my mobile so would like to be able to download the ringtone to my pc and then transfer to phone

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    FinglongaFinglonga Posts: 4,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you mean MP3 if so everything you can find on the net is a free ringtone. Just use Audacity to edit it and away you go. I have not paid for a ringtone yet. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    Finglonga wrote:
    Do you mean MP3 if so everything you can find on the net is a free ringtone. Just use Audacity to edit it and away you go. I have not paid for a ringtone yet. ;)

Thanks. When editing the songs, how long should I make them to fit into a ringtone?
  • Options
    Sven945Sven945 Posts: 4,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as you like, as long as the file fits onto the storage on your phone...

jack
  • Options
    blinginbunniblinginbunni Posts: 684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What phone do you have? Most phones can have mp3's as ringtones. If you have songs on you're pc just connect you're phone to the pc then transfer the song to it. ^_^
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    try www.mobile9.com - they are free to use and download via wap - i use this site all the time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    try www.mobile9.com - they are free to use and download via wap - i use this site all the time.

The poster just said he doesnt have wap on his phone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry didn't read fully - oh well you could always download them onto pc then connect up the handset and transfer that way.

And getting a handset set up for wap isnt that hard - the network can send a text message with all the settings required. either that or the OP could go onto the manufacturers website and have them send it to their handset.

The main idea of this website is that it is free :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    I've got WAP and it didn't work.
    never mind I'll keep looking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what phone do you have? does it have a removeable memory card? if it does,. download the ringtones from that website www.mobile9.com and save them to the memory card - I mentioned you could use the wap facility on the site in question but there are ways around that. If your phone doesnt have a removeable memory card, you could try linking upto a PC and download the tone to the phone that way.
  • Options
    DXRulzDXRulz Posts: 4,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    www.acegames.us has loads (for free) :D
  • Options
    jackulatorjackulator Posts: 7,209
    Forum Member
    http://www.zedge.net/ has a few save to pc and upload to phone via usb

use any mp3 track no need to edit theme to lengh unless you want a short loop
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can go to offical ringtone websites such as Jamster and Mob.tv and get them free. All you have to do is play the one you want, got to your Temporary Internet Files, sort them by last accessed so you see the .mp3 file, (will probably have a load of numbers such as 124632.mp3) copy the file and paste it on your desktop/my documents etc wherever you want to save them. Works with every site nearly. As easy as that!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Here there are some free realtone ringtones
  • Options
    DXRulzDXRulz Posts: 4,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DXRulz wrote: »
    www.acegames.us has loads (for free) :D

i have heard bad experiences about that site so i would recommend www.fonefunshop.co.uk/forum
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a market stall or one of those multi-use shared shops will have an unlocker who may hold to his standard charge of about £5.

This assumes he has the supposedly special USB cable, if needed, to do it.