Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• momma11momma11 Posts: 3,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D You must have fought the mass brainwash that went on this afternoon. Anyway must get the bag packed for Zanzibar, can't miss the opportunity of seeing the hero cross the finishing line;)

Get loads of pics. BEL .

( can you get me his autograph please ? :o )
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Looks like it's just you and me then who'll have to be responsible for the pee-taking. Guess we'll have to up our game to compensate for all the sudden (slightly gag-making) sugary rush of praise...

The only praise he is getting from me is for doing the bike ride ..I still think he is an Abomination ;)
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like it's just you and me then who'll have to be responsible for the pee-taking. Guess we'll have to up our game to compensate for all the sudden (slightly gag-making) sugary rush of praise...

Thought I was the only one.:D
    Whilst I do not want to denigrate ANYONE's efforts to raise money for charity, there is absolutely nothing that PA could ever do which would make me respect him.
    He isn't the only one doing the cycle ride, so I assume that all the sudden PA-love will be equally extended to all the other fundraisers doing EXACTLY THE SAME BLOODY THING, without their own personal camera crew, hangers-on, hair-pimpers and rent-a-fans.

Just in case anyone thinks I'm a totally grumpy, heartless old bag, in a couple of weeks I'm doing the Race for Life with my SIL, the OH's SIL (who is a 6 year BC survivor) and a couple of friends - so I am trying to put my money where my mouth is.
    Perhaps when we've both finished, PA and I could compare his traumatised hair and groin rot with my galloping jogger's nipple.;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Imagine him with donald trump style hair. Now that would be a sight

:eek::eek::eek: if he ended up with a Trump do ..I'd probably wet myself laughing
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    momma11 wrote: »
    Get loads of pics. BEL .

( can you get me his autograph please ? :o )

I've praised him for doing his charity cycle, I'm spending my holiday fund to trek to Zanzibar to cheer him on, I've packed my camera but ask for his autograph? Sorry but that's just the ultimate humiliation, everyone has their limit & that's mine!:eek::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've praised him for doing his charity cycle, I'm spending my holiday fund to trek to Zanzibar to cheer him on, I've packed my camera but ask for his autograph? Sorry but that's just the ultimate humiliation, everyone has their limit & that's mine!:eek::D

Awww! :(
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whilst I do not want to denigrate ANYONE's efforts to raise money for charity, there is absolutely nothing that PA could ever do which would make me respect him.
    He isn't the only one doing the cycle ride, so I assume that all the sudden PA-love will be equally extended to all the other fundraisers doing EXACTLY THE SAME BLOODY THING, without their own personal camera crew, hangers-on, hair-pimpers and rent-a-fans.

Well quite. Honestly, I very generously (IMO ;)) wished him/them all well earlier in the thread. Once is enough. He's still a needy, attention-seeking twonk, even when he's on a bike attempting to do something useful. ;)
    Just in case anyone thinks I'm a totally grumpy, heartless old bag, in a couple of weeks I'm doing the Race for Life with my SIL, the OH's SIL (who is a 6 year BC survivor) and a couple of friends - so I am trying to put my money where my mouth is. Perhaps when we've both finished, PA and I could compare his traumatised hair and groin rot with my galloping jogger's nipple.;)

Brilliant! Good luck. :cool:
    Forum Member

Just in case anyone thinks I'm a totally grumpy, heartless old bag, in a couple of weeks I'm doing the Race for Life with my SIL, the OH's SIL (who is a 6 year BC survivor) and a couple of friends - so I am trying to put my money where my mouth is.
    Perhaps when we've both finished, PA and I could compare his traumatised hair and groin rot with my galloping jogger's nipple.;)

I totally get where you're coming from re your frustration/annoyance at the personal camera crew & believe me I respect everyone who is doing this charity cycle.
    Good luck doing the Race for Life
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D You must have fought the mass brainwash that went on this afternoon. Anyway must get the bag packed for Zanzibar, can't miss the opportunity of seeing the hero cross the finishing line;)

It takes very little to resist the power of the pezza.

Make sure you take a cloth to mop his saintly brow at the finishing line. Who knows, it may retain an image of his saintly face - The Shroud of Zanzibar.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Make sure you take a cloth to mop his saintly brow at the finishing line. Who knows, it may retain an image of his saintly face - The Shroud of Zanzibar.

Surely the cloth would be to polish his saintly Halo :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Azura
    Good luck with The Race For Life... To you and your SIL ..
    Forum Member

Cloth...........sorted. I'm good to go.
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally get where you're coming from re your frustration/annoyance at the personal camera crew & believe me I respect everyone who is doing this charity cycle.

At least filming the ride for the reality show gives the other participants a chance to share some of their experience with their family, friends and sponsors and hopefully they're all having a great time.

Best of luck for Race for Life AS - we had ours last weekend - really good turn out and lots of fun. :)
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will applaud anyone who does something to raise money for charity..so well done Peter

:cool:

Do you want me to check seat availability for flights to Zanzibar for you Betty? ;) First class naturally. :cool::)

We'll get you a little PA flag to wave from the sidelines! :p

I hope the High Priestess of all things good (AKA Gloria) gets to tag along. The poor woman can do with a bit of sunshine. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks - I genuinely wasn't having a go at you, I try to save my irrational rages for you-know-who.;)
    I just can't shake the feeling that yet again, it's going to be all about PA - and although it could be argued that the charity will benefit from the extra exposure, I think that PA will benefit even more - and that's what makes me :mad:
    How many eps of the new series will be about PA and his particular brand of "suffering"?
    PA suffering during pre-bike ride training
    PA suffering during bike ride - although fighting through the pain barrier to have his picture taken with some completely non-set up "fans".
    PA suffering whilst talking about the charity.
    PA suffering from the effects of the bike ride.
    Ad blooming nauseum.
    And I've just given him the plotline for a whole new series.:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :cool:

Do you want me to check seat availability for flights to Zanzibar for you Betty? ;) First class naturally. :cool::)

We'll get you a little PA flag to wave from the sidelines! :p

I hope the High Priestess of all things good (AKA Gloria) gets to tag along. The poor woman can do with a bit of sunshine. :)

Now you are taking the P :D:D .. I would rather sit in my garden enjoying the sunshine than go and watch that twonk .. But if you would like to pay for a holiday for me Jimmy..I wouldn't mind a trip to Zante
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Azura
    It looks to me like you HAVE written the script for the next "my life"
    I do agree with you..just once can't he do something WITHOUT the cameras etc..
  • fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think it's clear he's not the only one doing this :confused:...though myself and probably most people on this thread only know this because PA is doing it - in other words the existence and profile of this charity, what he and the OTHER cyclists are doing has been raised because of PA, and any t.v exposure will hopefully be worth it's weight in gold.....I'm not sure how that is a bad thing at all TBH....he's also putting his money where his mouth is just as you are and I wish both you and him good luck.

All I have read on this thread is poster's giving him a nod and wishing him well, I wouldn't class it as a love fest.
    I understand some of the criticism he gets but not on this one.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now you are taking the P :D:D .. I would rather sit in my garden enjoying the sunshine than go and watch that twonk .. But if you would like to pay for a holiday for me Jimmy..I wouldn't mind a trip to Zante

:D:D.

Can't do Zante I am afraid Betty. The offer only extends to Zanzibar. :)

But, you can still wave you little flag from your garden Betty. ;):cool::p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's clear he's not the only one doing this :confused:...though myself and probably most people on this thread only know this because PA is doing it - in other words the existence and profile of this charity, what he and the OTHER cyclists are doing has been raised because of PA, and any t.v exposure will hopefully be worth it's weight in gold.....I'm not sure how that is a bad thing at all TBH....he's also putting his money where his mouth is just as you are and I wish both you and him good luck.

All I have read on this thread is poster's giving him a nod and wishing him well, I wouldn't class it as a love fest.

Thank you - I appreciate it.
    Whereas I honestly couldn't get on board with the arguments about him "leaving his kids" - (which FWIW I don't think he did) - there is something slightly nauseating (to me) about a middle-aged man being praised so highly for doing something that alot of other people are doing aswell - as though he is a slightly dopey toddler who has finally managed to wee in his potty instead of all over the floor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And this is why it's a good thing , good luck to him and everyone else doing it , and if there are camera crews there , good luck to them too , because they will be part of it and the charity can only benefit from it.
    That's the most important thing .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Betty!
    Are you turning into the thread floozie or what?
    What happened to our holiday then??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Betty!
    Are you turning into the thread floozie or what?
    What happened to our holiday then??

You've been gazumped Azura !

Betty...so fickle :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    momma11 wrote: »
    You've been gazumped Azura !

Betty...so fickle :p

She really is!
    She lured me in with all that chat about foreign holidays and tv shows and stuff - she quite turned my head - and now I've just been cast aside without so much as a stick of rock.
    I feel like Alex Reid!:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She really is!
    She lured me in with all that chat about foreign holidays and tv shows and stuff - she quite turned my head - and now I've just been cast aside without so much as a stick of rock.
    I feel like Alex Reid!:o

Of course you would be coming with me to Zante.. I wouldn't dump my mate now would I ;)
    Especially as someone else is paying for us to go :D
This discussion has been closed.