Options

Dragon's Den

Comments

• Options
    MutterMutter Posts: 3,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do I sense the other dragons are starting to think this guy is all talk and no investment?
    Seems he is and KH is in over her ears. She is a design guru, though I can do all white and cream as I'm sure all of you can!
    She designs and others manage. I don't feel that she has the faintest idea of business in the true sense of balance sheets.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok end of series thoughts:

- Piers: Get rid. He is all talk and adds nothing to the series imho. Bring back Theo. The show is much weaker without him.
    - Kelly: I think she's ok and adds to the show.
    - Lift: Get rid, it's a cheap gimmick and we all know it's fake.
    - Evan: Enough of the voice overs telling us what's about to happen all the time.
  • Options
    peter_charlie20peter_charlie20 Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    The overwhelming impression I get tonight, particularly in respect of the boys selling their onesies, is that the dragons are frantically scrabbling around for reasons NOT to invest. I honestly thought I saw a gleam of panic in Duncan Ballantyne's eye as they considered whether or not to accept his offer. It'll be interesting to see whether his offer actually comes to fruition. Do even the dragons have cash flow problems?
    I love the show but perhaps it has come to the end of its useful life.
  • Options
    habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully this will be Piers Linney's first and last series.

I think if he invested a tenner in something he'd have a heart attack.
  • Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to rewind now just to see Duncan's face again at that moment 1/2 way through the show.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    striing wrote: »
    Did I hear one of them say "this is exactly what your dad said not do do"? :D

Yep! They can back out if they wish. The agreement in the den isn't legally binding.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching dragons den, the other dragons really dislike piers, I don't blame them, there is something I dislike about him, cannot put my finger on it.
    He's a coward to investment? The whole purpose of him being there.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get it, the business has to stop as they can't use the YO, so why's he invested :p
  • Options
    ednwirelandednwireland Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    I don't know what that means but I quite like him as a Dragon.

probably means he hasn't really got any money
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    Grouty wrote: »
    I don't get it, the business has to stop as they can't use the YO, so why's he invested :p

It doesn't have to stop. They can change it at any point. They probably don't even have to change it if the business never amounts to anything major.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't have to stop. They can change it at any point. They probably don't even have to change it if the business never amounts to anything major.

Yeah i guess so.

A onesie, i wouldn't even wear a one in the house on my own, they are just baby grows for adults tbh :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was trying to find a onesie online the other day to avoid heating bills but failed to find anything. They need onesies for middle aged people not kids. Kids aren't paying the bills. :o
    Why should onesies be for any age? Surely one size fits all?
    Are they going to be the slankys or whatever I wasted money on, desperate to find Christmas presents a couple of years back.

I asked a devotee of onesies, what happens in the loo? You have to strip down apparently and get cold, so what is the point?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Duncans got 40%, havn't they just gave him their business then, as they only have 30% each.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I spend most of my day not on the loo so I'm not going to design my warm weather indoor clothing just to fit round the loo. :D
    ladies must strip the top down to spend a penny. Shiverrry.
    For £60, whack the heating up.
  • Options
    square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    That was a weak series. How many investments did they make ?
  • Options
    lankyguy007lankyguy007 Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    I quite enjoyed the series weirdly. I quite like Kelly, I think she's a good addition. Piers is just woeful, adds nothing, just follows the other dragons and can't make his mind up until he realises the other dragons don't like it.

Duncan is by far the best dragon on it at the moment though
  • Options
    newdriver101newdriver101 Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    I wish they would do a follow-up show to find out which investments actually made the dragons money and which investments failed etc. It would be interesting to see which of the dragons has actually made the most from the show.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Grouty wrote: »
    Y1...:cool:
    I wish they would do a follow-up show to find out which investments actually made the dragons money and which investments failed etc. It would be interesting to see which of the dragons has actually made the most from the show.
    Don't know how many they have done, but they've done a lot of follow-up shows in the past.

Not the best series for investments, but it was still fun to watch.

I liked the Pump.:cool:
  • Options
    RichN95RichN95 Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the YO onesie guys (Tom Carson) is also a forward for the England hockey team.

You can see him scoring a couple of goals against Ireland at the Euro Championships here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/hockey/23780785
  • Options
    Sammy2Sammy2 Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure why the dragons seemed so surprised when they actually saw that ring? They never said they thought the product was low quality but when he brought it out they were saying 'should have shown us earlier, wow...'?
  • Options
    JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What person in their right mind would wear an oversize Babygro?
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    What in the hell was wrong with "Golem" in this episode? His suit was a mess, and what was that white mark on his top lip, in one of his "talk to camera" pieces?

The soft drink was a good idea, but they would need millions to get it anywhere. As was said someone like "Britivic" would either copy the idea if they thought it had legs or just undercut them with their own bottled drinks. They will probably do all right in the small local type market, where they won't attract to much attention.

The dolls, where just crazy...so I'm out.

And what is it with onezies, surely they're just a modern day version of the "long john", the only redeeming feature being it allows pissed up students to run around in basically sod all and look like their favourite barn yard animal!!.

I thought the ring was a good idea, couples can sit down and design their own rings, can't see a problem with that. Maybe he should of gone for "wedding rings" and not "engagement rings". As for Duncan, "we don't all live in London, and visit Hattan Gardarn at the drop of a hat"

All in all a very poor series, Peter and Duncan are the only two worth listening too!, drop Golem, drop the lift and drop the other 3, and drop all this silly dramatic music and speech overs.
  • Options
    imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    What person in their right mind would wear an oversize Babygro?

An oversized baby?
  • Options
    Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

All in all a very poor series, Peter and Duncan are the only two worth listening too!, drop Golem, drop the lift and drop the other 3, and drop all this silly dramatic music and speech overs.

Fully agree!
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,114
    Forum Member
    Get Richard Farleigh back!