The Casualty Thread (Spoilers) (Part 5)

Comments

• kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,249
    Forum Member
    Isn't Holby meant to be the trauma centre for the City now? In the early day there was another one (Queens?) but part of the bi-annual threat to close it was centralisation with one Hospital becoming the major trauma centre and battle as to whether it would be Queens or City. And I thought City had won, hence the department being much, much bigger now (in space and staff) than it was in the 80s and early 90s.
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,192
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    In England and Wales Holby City has actually been in the same slot for for years (8.00pm on Tuesdays straight after EastEnders) - the only time I remember it moving was for Holby Blues 2 seasons in 2006 and 2007 so much consistent than Casualty. That said it is in a bit of a slump at the moment so not the best time to start watching although I gather Connie will be mentioned on Tuesday so you might be interested in that.

Yeah that's when river city is on up here. I don't even know what time holby is on. The last time I caught an episode it was way after midnight one night.
    Forum Member
    nats18 wrote: »
    Yeah that's when river city is on up here. I don't even know what time holby is on. The last time I caught an episode it was way after midnight one night.

Yes, at first I just said "it's always on in the same place" and then realised that isn't the case in Scotland and possibly NI as well. I remember at one stage BBC Scotland were showing it on Monday at 9.00 so before the rest of the country - I caught it there a couple of times back when I still had Sky.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure about Connie. Is anyone leaving to make room for her? (I really hope not).
  • deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    ....I'm wondering how they actually filmed that scene in the arena where Connie was climbing along the light rigging? You could clearly see how high the rig was off the ground (by the view of the back wall behind her - you could see how high up she was) and yet, as she was shuffling along the rig, she had no visible strap holding her to the rig or anything (that I could see)?

Somehow, I don't see that actress who plays her, being so brave as to risk doing that for real....?!?!
  • NickJordanNickJordan Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deans6571 wrote: »
    ....I'm wondering how they actually filmed that scene in the arena where Connie was climbing along the light rigging? You could clearly see how high the rig was off the ground (by the view of the back wall behind her - you could see how high up she was) and yet, as she was shuffling along the rig, she had no visible strap holding her to the rig or anything (that I could see)?

Somehow, I don't see that actress who plays her, being so brave as to risk doing that for real....?!?!

She did, Amanda did the stunt.
  • deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    NickJordan wrote: »
    She did, Amanda did the stunt.

.....:o wow - brave girl!!!!

Apt username by the way....!!!!!
  • spudatospudato Posts: 1,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    67? It' possible she was born in 67....
    She is 67yrs. old.
    Forum Member
    spudato wrote: »
    She is 67yrs. old.

She's really, really not!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's really, really not!!!!
    So sorry,i thought it was Stephenie Beecham,no wonder i was confused.:confused:
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NickJordan wrote: »
    Who is the current head of drama at BBC Wales?

Pretty certain it's still Faith Penhale who was script editor during the 2000-2001 season that Eastenders was on form. She needs to get Kent off the show and that way it can have a rosy future.

Also can I say I hate Smithy the male nurse, rubbish actor in the Bill and dreadful in Casualty.
  • Meesh_RedshawMeesh_Redshaw Posts: 2,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For anyone interested, Alex Walkinshaw (Fletch) is being interviewed on Lorraine tomorrow morning.
    I think it may be to announce he's leaving.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So sorry,i thought it was Stephenie Beecham,no wonder i was confused.:confused:

LOL :D How did you get so mixed up?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For anyone interested, Alex Walkinshaw (Fletch) is being interviewed on Lorraine tomorrow morning.
    I think it may be to announce he's leaving.
    i hope so, poor character that is just a smithy clone from the bill and I hated the smithy character as well, not a fan of his mediocre performances either
  • wiggles247wiggles247 Posts: 48,088
    Forum Member
    Isn't Holby meant to be the trauma centre for the City now? In the early day there was another one (Queens?) but part of the bi-annual threat to close it was centralisation with one Hospital becoming the major trauma centre and battle as to whether it would be Queens or City. And I thought City had won, hence the department being much, much bigger now (in space and staff) than it was in the 80s and early 90s.

Oh yes I'm sure it is meant to be - just a shame it isn't really reflected in the programme. As I think someone commented earlier the whole dept just isn't busy enough and there are no way enough staff to man a major trauma centre. Especially, in resus when there are only ever 2 or 3 staff round any patient, when in reality there's at least 6 [but usually nearer 10] round patients in any of the actual A&E departments you see on the TV = '24 Hours in A & E', 'An Hour To Save Your Life', 'The NHS in a Day', + they don't have a red phone!!!! ;-):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i hope so, poor character that is just a smithy clone from the bill and I hated the smithy character as well, not a fan of his mediocre performances either

I strongly disagree, but each to their own.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex Walkinshaw has confirmed he's left Casualty, but his character is going into Holby. Fletch develops a gambling problem which eventually culminates in him leaving, and it seems there's a lot of other stuff going on too. I do wonder what job they'll give him in Holby.. Sounds like he hasn't started filming yet..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex Walkinshaw has confirmed he's left Casualty, but his character is going into Holby. Fletch develops a gambling problem which eventually culminates in him leaving, and it seems there's a lot of other stuff going on too. I do wonder what job they'll give him in Holby.. Sounds like he hasn't started filming yet..

Not happy at all there is enough third rate rubbish in HC
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL :D How did you get so mixed up?!
    Read that Stephenie Beecham was joining Casualty,must have had a serious senior moment,feel a right twit.:D
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Read that Stephenie Beecham was joining Casualty,must have had a serious senior moment,feel a right twit.:D

LOL

Anyway tonights episode looks great! :D
  • sarahcadhillsarahcadhill Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring on Connie vs Zoe :)
  • MorgsieMorgsie Posts: 16,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Connie sitting in Zoe's chair at the end, HOT. What was the last bit of Nick's email about Connie?

Both patient SLs were moving.
  • sarahcadhillsarahcadhill Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Connie's definitely going to be clinical lead in future.... Well that's what I think. Long live Queen Connie :)
  • DigiPalDigiPal Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Connie's definitely going to be clinical lead in future.... Well that's what I think. Long live Queen Connie :)

That last shot of Connie sitting behind the desk was awesome!!!
  • MorgsieMorgsie Posts: 16,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of Course Connie is going to usurp Zoe and become Queen of the ED

Who were the flowers from, the welcome back ones?
This discussion has been closed.