Peter Andre (part 3)

Comments

• Options
    JerrybobJerrybob Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmbop wrote: »
    Yup, an honour indeed.

You know you've hit the big time when you're the current face of Iceland.

Yup, even Michael Buble lent his song to their brilliant ad last Autumn (wonder how much he received in royalties for that? ;-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tOKzu9iAZA
  • Options
    real worldreal world Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    Yeah I think TM chose to go this route as he liked the freedom of not being attached to a bit label like Sony, Polygram, Roc Nation or VIrgin etc.

Yes lots of artists are going this route as they get the majority of the royalties rater than the 20 to 50% that you get via a traditional record company, unless your someone like REM who got 80%
  • Options
    Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    I hope you share that with those that decided that those that post their dislike of Pa were were under the influence of groupthink, rather than just having a different opinion to them. Not only is that it far worse than me pointing out inconsistencies and contradictions in the many excuses made for Pa, as it is implying psychological weakness, it is a direct attack on posters rather than the posts.

I don't condone personal attacks on anybody, regardless of which side of the fence they may be on.

When I read this thread last night I was confused by all the posts about "groupthink", I hadn't got a clue what everyone was on about. I have since found out a little of what went on on the appreciation thread yesterday but as I was informed several posts had been deleted I can't really comment on what actually went on.

If someone attacks me personally and ridicules me for my views then I most probably wouldn't respond to that positively, I think that would probably be the same for most people.

As you know, I have had many disagreements with some posters on here but I have also had some civil exchanges with those same posters.

I may not agree with some peoples opinions but if those people are civil with me I will always respond in the same way.

That's it in a nutshell really.:)
  • Options
    HmmbopHmmbop Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrybob wrote: »
    Yup, even Michael Buble lent his song to their brilliant ad last Autumn (wonder how much he received in royalties for that? ;-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tOKzu9iAZA

Brilliant ad?! Um okaaaay.

Whilst I'm not a fan of MB music, he undoubtedly has an actual talent. I'm not sure if MB is the one who gives express permission for his song to be used commercially, or if it's his record company. Happy to be corrected though!! I'm sure the RC would also make a tidy amount by allowing his song to be used. Win-win. MB gets royalties, record company also receive money.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He's either incredibly greedy or he doesn't have anywhere near as much money as some of his fans claim.

That's the only explanation, surely?:confused:

Well, I wonder what explanation there is for Ant and Dec doing the Morrison adverts?

I think it is safe to say, that they are absolutely rolling in dosh...so that must mean they are INCREDIBLY greedy then.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicola32 wrote: »
    Well, I wonder what explanation there is for Ant and Dec doing the Morrison adverts?

I think it is safe to say, that they are absolutely rolling in dosh...so that must mean they are INCREDIBLY greedy then.:o

Well exactly! Only greedy if it's Pete ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've no idea what the explanation is as to be honest I don't give A&D a second thought.

This is the TM thread, I'm giving my opinions on him. Not A&D.

And although neither A&D have children as yet, I'd be prepared to put a fairly large bet on it that they wouldn't sell their privacy and children to OK! every 5 minutes. Oh, and like MB, they also actually have talent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've no idea what the explanation is as to be honest I don't give A&D a second thought.

This is the TM thread, I'm giving my opinions on him. Not A&D.

The explanation is that it was rather hypocritical to suggest PA was greedy when other, probably richer celebs front supermarket TV ad campaigns.
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't condone personal attacks on anybody, regardless of which side of the fence they may be on.

When I read this thread last night I was confused by all the posts about "groupthink", I hadn't got a clue what everyone was on about. I have since found out a little of what went on on the appreciation thread yesterday but as I was informed several posts had been deleted I can't really comment on what actually went on.

If someone attacks me personally and ridicules me for my views then I most probably wouldn't respond to that positively, I think that would probably be the same for most people.

As you know, I have had many disagreements with some posters on here but I have also had some civil exchanges with those same posters.

I may not agree with some peoples opinions but if those people are civil with me I will always respond in the same way.

That's it in a nutshell really.:)

I could have written that! Since this all started because you thought I was attacking you, let me just clarify again - I wasn't. I was pointing out the contradictions between a few posts, that followed each other, all trying to justify pa's behaviour and "prove" what a good bloke he is.

I have no idea why people feel the need to take all this nonsense so seriously - it's a bunch of zelebs who make a fortune out of a culture we have for making talent-free drama queens and attention seekers famous.

Time to move on, I think. We know that we will rarely agree where Andre is concerned, but we both agree with how other fm's should be treated.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The explanation is that it was rather hypocritical to suggest PA was greedy when other, probably richer celebs front supermarket TV ad campaigns.

Thanks, don't need you to explain what you believe the 'explanation' to be.

And I made it quite clear in my post that I'm giving my opinions on TM and now he chooses to earn his money.

If there was an A&D thread, I'm might chose if I felt like it, to air my opinions there, on whether I believe them to be greedy or not.

I'll say it again. TM is greedy, greedy greedy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I could have written that! Since this all started because you thought I was attacking you, let me just clarify again - I wasn't. I was pointing out the contradictions between a few posts, that followed each other, all trying to justify pa's behaviour and "prove" what a good bloke he is.

I have no idea why people feel the need to take all this nonsense so seriously - it's a bunch of zelebs who make a fortune out of a culture we have for making talent-free drama queens and attention seekers famous.

Time to move on, I think. We know that we will rarely agree where Andre is concerned, but we both agree with how other fm's should be treated.:)[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yep, I agree - but this thread is about PA.

I know some stars do ads and donate the money to a cause they believe in - George Clooney is one.
  • Options
    real worldreal world Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    Thanks, don't need you to explain what you believe the 'explanation' to be.

And I made it quite clear in my post that I'm giving my opinions on TM and now he chooses to earn his money.

If there was an A&D thread, I'm might chose if I felt like it, to air my opinions there, on whether I believe them to be greedy or not.

I'll say it again. TM is greedy, greedy greedy!

An alternative view would be that he is a self employed business man providing for his family, just like most people do
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, I agree - but this thread is about PA.

I know some stars do ads and donate the money to a cause they believe in - George Clooney is one.

I believe when 'let's get ready to rumble' was re-released last year and got to number 1 on iTunes all the money was donated to charity.

Genuine question, when Chris Moyles got MG re-released and to number one ( I think??) a few years back (purely as a bit of a joke & novelty), did TM donate the cash generated to charity?

I honestly don't know the answer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    real world wrote: »
    An alternative view would be that he is a self employed business man providing for his family, just like most people do

Most people survive on much, much less every year. They keep their families going, shopping, bills, mortgage, cars, treats for the kids, holidays.....

How much money does one family need?

He really needs to stop selling his kids to OK! It's truly disgusting.
  • Options
    Forum Member

You answered for me.:D

I love Ant and Dec btw, so in no way am I attacking them for doing the ads.

Just pointing out that they certainly didn't need that gig. They have a really high profile, plenty of tv exposure, are very popular and are multi, multi millionaires.

Still, with all that going for them, they didn't consider fronting an ad campaign for a supermarket as being beneath them. Shows what nice down to earth guys they are IMO.

Anyway, as has been pointed out, this thread is not about A&D..

Moving on...
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Eh?

If anyone has specifically said 'PA is greedy to front these ads but people like Ant and Dec are different and are not greedy' then you MIGHT have a point. But as far as I can see, no-one has said such a thing.

Ant and Dec have indeed fronted a high profile supermarket campaign. They are hugely successful and I am sure didn't need the money but did it anyway. There is an element of greed there actually IMHO.

PA continues to sell his children and the 'family man' image. He has no regard for his children's privacy. He flogs coffee at festivals. & is now the face of Iceland. He does not have a career in any way on the level of Ant and Dec, in fact, he is reduced to guest appearances on some of their shows. He would bottle his own farts if someone waved a cheque for £20k in his face.

As you brought up Ant and Dec it seems only prurient to compare the 2 career trajectories;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    real world wrote: »

Which is fine - and it's fine for people to laugh at him for it. Iceland, regardless of them trying to go a bit posh last year, is seen as very low rent and will always be associated with zelebs. In fact, it will struggle to lose its link with KK.

Thing is, if he wants to be taken seriously, things like that will not help, particularly, as you all say, he was rich enough not to have to do this. It ties him to the OMW level. His management will know this, he should know this. I'm sure he is laughing all the way to the bank...

and some of us are laughing all over the web. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which is fine - and it's fine for people to laugh at him for it. Iceland, regardless of them trying to go a bit posh last year, is seen as very low rent and will always be associated with zelebs. In fact, it will struggle to lose its link with KK.

Thing is, if he wants to be taken seriously, things like that will not help, particularly, as you all say, he was rich enough not to have to do this. It ties him to the OMW level. His management will know this, he should know this. I'm sure he is laughing all the way to the bank...

and some of us are laughing all over the web. :D

And it's just totally unbelievable ( to me) that TM and Embolism would actually do their weekly shop in Iceland. Sorry, but just no! Coleen Noleen I could believe, but TM and his partner? Nah!!

I was certainly laughing all over the web in the airport yesterday. Really tickled me when logged in after a week off DS and read TM was the face of Iceland. Funny:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And it's just totally unbelievable ( to me) that TM and Embolism would actually do their weekly shop in Iceland. Sorry, but just no! Coleen Noleen I could believe, but TM and his partner? Nah!!

I was certainly laughing all over the web in the airport yesterday. Really tickled me when logged in after a week off DS and read TM was the face of Iceland. Funny:D:D:D

I think that is the thing really - he would hate people to think he actually shopped there - particularly coming from a family of foodies. As Pru says, he would sell his farts for a cheque...and endorse someone else's as the best ever for another.

The constant battle he has between his greed and his need to be taken seriously. The latter will never win while CAN manage him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Eh?

If anyone has specifically said 'PA is greedy to front these ads but people like Ant and Dec are different and are not greedy' then you MIGHT have a point. But as far as I can see, no-one has said such a thing.

Ant and Dec have indeed fronted a high profile supermarket campaign. They are hugely successful and I am sure didn't need the money but did it anyway. There is an element of greed there actually IMHO.

PA continues to sell his children and the 'family man' image. He has no regard for his children's privacy. He flogs coffee at festivals. & is now the face of Iceland. He does not have a career in any way on the level of Ant and Dec, in fact, he is reduced to guest appearances on some of their shows. He would bottle his own farts if someone waved a cheque for £20k in his face.

As you brought up Ant and Dec it seems only prurient to compare the 2 career trajectories;-)

I don't think there is anyone who would disagree with the bib.

The point is though, PA is being labelled greedy for doing a tv ad campaign when there are other much richer 'celebs' who also do adverts but are not criticised for it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The point is though, PA is being labelled greedy for doing a tv ad campaign when there are other much richer 'celebs' who also do adverts but are not criticised for it.

Again, this is his thread - and actually, two of us have stated that A&D are also greedy for doing it. However, we should not have to list every other visceral, money grabber every time we comment on something PA is doing in a thread about PA.

None of that takes away from the fact that he is greedy and he is money grabbing and he does still sell his kids while still selling the DOTY image even though he has more than enough money to live comfortably for a couple of life times.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But Nicola they weren't criticised here because this is the TM thread.

They may get criticised if we were discussing this topic on an A&D thread.
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't see anything wrong with PA becoming the face of Iceland. Why not? It's a gig and probably a big deal for him to walk in the hallowed footsteps of Katona, Stacey Thing and that Nolan woman. :p

I think the greedy/exploitative charges will only be pertinent if the kids feature in the ads.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I did criticise them actually.
This discussion has been closed.