Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 61)

Comments

• Options
    SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Oh Score - what is interesting is that neither DCI Banks nor Endeavour have yet been recommissioned. Not even a tiny word on twitter from actors involved in the shows about it coming back.

Itv make some strange decisions sometimes. DCI Banks rating went up last season. If it were on the BBC, they'd have commissioned another 8 to 10 part series half-way through the last one aired with immediate effect. But for some reason Itv dont act likea commerical channel sometimes and axe good rating dramas randomly [Wild at heart/Under suspicion], they may have done so with Banks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Correction: just read on twitter both dci banks and endeavour are coming back.

UK Casting News ‏@UKCastingNews Jul 26
    Remember: The season IV of the TV series 'DCI Banks' is shooting in the UK in September. It's now in preproduction! http://www.UkCastingNews.com

davidbishop ‏@davidbishop
    Shaun Evans confirms series 3 of #Endeavour, he met with @ScriptULike & @mammothscreen this week for discussions - 1966/1967 likely setting!
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    SamuelW wrote: »
    I've emailed the BBC to let them know of my findings. They may have some strong stuff lined up for early March next year.

The Great British Sherlock Come Dancing?
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    The Mirror says the elusive Car Share by Peter Kay will debut on iPlayer 'early in 2015':

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/peter-kay-phoenix-nights-returns-4130097
  • Options
    northladnorthlad Posts: 1,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Score - what is interesting is that neither DCI Banks nor Endeavour have yet been recommissioned. Not even a tiny word on twitter from actors involved in the shows about it coming back.

Itv make some strange decisions sometimes. DCI Banks rating went up last season. If it were on the BBC, they'd have commissioned another 8 to 10 part series half-way through the last one aired with immediate effect. But for some reason Itv dont act likea commerical channel sometimes and axe good rating dramas randomly [Wild at heart/Under suspicion], they may have done so with Banks.

Your working yourself up into a right lather tonight,calm down.
  • Options
    DigiPalDigiPal Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    The Great British Sherlock Come Dancing?

TV Gold!!!

BAFTA and EMMY glory awaits, although...

The Sherlock Come Dancing Homeland Game of Thrones Breaking Bad House Of Cards Modern Family mash up is not far behind?
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When is The Fall back on?
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    Agent F wrote: »
    The Mirror says the elusive Car Share by Peter Kay will debut on iPlayer 'early in 2015':

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/peter-kay-phoenix-nights-returns-4130097

Now that you bring it up a certain Hassan (formely of this thread) reported on GB that the head of comedy had replied to his queries about Car Share saying it wasnt on the shelf as it had not yet been finished by Peter Kay and so wasnt yet in the building as he put it. More worryingly he also promised it was good. ;-)
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing different with Rising Star is the wall and LIVE app. So then apart from the spinning chair what is different from The Voice? Oh that's right............its just like any other singing show.

The gimmick of TVUK is the spinning chair. Viewers tune in to see who goes through and which judge turns around. This could be a similar notion that might appeal for viewers in Rising Star. The truth is, none of us know what will happen.

IAC is a huge hit in this country, but in America and other countries it flopped. That is proof viewers in the UK are different to other territories. Don't write it off instantly.
  • Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason Watkins who is the main actor in it mentioned on twitter a few months ago it was getting a high profile slot in January. It's been delayed, it was originally going to be shown this autumn.

Fair enough, I thought it had been kicking around for a while. I was expecting it to turn up in December (in the slots Lucan took last year where they tend to burn off 2-3 part series with low expectations).
    How would a 9-episode stripped Rising Star work? In the US and other international versions, they had 4 audition episodes [where the wall rises if the score hits 70pct] and then about 10 weekly episodes where contestants sing and basically the person with the lowest % is eliminated. But with just 9 episodes max [Saturday to following Sunday most likely] how would the format be adapted here?

The thing with Im a Celebrity and Dancing on Ice at least were they were quite different to other shows here in the UK. Ok, IAC is similar in mould to BB but it was on a grander scale in a 'jungle' with live evictions and Ant and Dec. It had something about it. Dancing on Ice was similar to SCD but ice skating is quite different and had T and D in it, huge names. But with Rising Star, it is very similar to other singing shows. Literally the rising wall is the only thing which makes it different, besides the live app voting which is a bit of a boring gimmick from aviewer perspective.

They could still do 10 episodes. Alternatively I notice some episodes in the US were only 60 mins. If they make those episodes 75-90 mins up instead and get more performances in then they could have 1 or 2 fewer episodes (I'm not familiar with the exact details of the show but I assume that'd be doable).

I think there's enough there that it could potentially work. The Voice isn't that different to XF which wasn't that different to Pop Idol when it first started. One twist is often all it takes and I think there's potential for this show to work stripped. i don't think it'll be massive but it could be a solid hit. Plus a lot will depend on the people on it which they haven't announced yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sw2963 wrote: »
    When is The Fall back on?

Possibly October according to this :-

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/fall-season-2-jamie-dornan-4076333
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    Channel 5 Programme Information
    w/c September 13

CBB's finale the previous week means a lot of new and returning shows this week:

Can't Pay? We'll Take it Away! (New Series)
    Storage: Flog the Lot! (New Series)
    Underground Britain (New Series)
    Age Gap Love (New Series)
    The Gadget Show (New Series)
    Britain's Worst Commutes (New)
    Body of Proof (New Season)
    Love/Hate (New Series)
    Neighbours: The Tornado (Special Episodes)

www.channel5.com
  • Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Correction: just read on twitter both dci banks and endeavour are coming back.

UK Casting News ‏@UKCastingNews Jul 26
    Remember: The season IV of the TV series 'DCI Banks' is shooting in the UK in September. It's now in preproduction! http://www.UkCastingNews.com

davidbishop ‏@davidbishop
    Shaun Evans confirms series 3 of #Endeavour, he met with @ScriptULike & @mammothscreen this week for discussions - 1966/1967 likely setting!

You might want to take back that mini-rant about ITV given that you've since proved that the basis of it is incorrect.

Not surprising that both have been renewed. I think Lost Honour, Banks and Broadchurch will get Mondays early next year with the Rising Star week in there somewhere. Alternatively something might shift around if they want to air the new series Jambusters on Mondays, although to me that sounds more like a Sunday show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Score wrote: »
    Alternatively something might shift around if they want to air the new series Jambusters on Mondays, although to me that sounds more like a Sunday show.
    I think it's unlikely Itv will air Jambusters or any other 1-hour dramas on Sundays. That's because besides XF, Itv dont have any strong Sunday 8pm hour long shows which could provide a strong lead-in for the 9pm drama. Countryfile and the BBC has the oap audience hooked up at 8pm and Itv outside of 2-hr dramas and XF really struggle in that Sunday 8pm slot these days.
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    So where were they meant to put the two lost episodes on Monday night due to football?
    Tuesday at 8pm! Surely it's better for CS fans tuning in on Monday to be told the episodes will be delayed until Tuesday, rather than hearing, "Now on ITV, football. If you're waiting for Coronation St, tough shit, we showed it yesterday."
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »

Thanks yorkie100
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly there was no reason to keep it secret. itv knew exactly what they were doing and am glad the BBC is putting its foot down. Am still pissed with the amount of ED episodes they keep clashing with EE.

well itv do have to get their 27 episodes of emmerdale in a week aired some where. ;-)
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or that Waterloo Road is being delayed for ages, possibly not turning up this Autumn at all due to how low rating it is.
    Unfortunately, it'll be stinking out the BBC One schedule for ten weeks this autumn, and ten more weeks after Christmas.

Waterloo Road and Watchdog have both aired on Wednesdays this year, so I'm not sure which will end up on Thursdays.
  • Options
    XIVXIV Posts: 21,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Channel 5 Programme Information
    w/c September 13

CBB's finale the previous week means a lot of new and returning shows this week:

Can't Pay? We'll Take it Away! (New Series)
    Storage: Flog the Lot! (New Series)
    Underground Britain (New Series)
    Age Gap Love (New Series)
    The Gadget Show (New Series)
    Britain's Worst Commutes (New)
    Body of Proof (New Season)
    Love/Hate (New Series)
    Neighbours: The Tornado (Special Episodes)

www.channel5.com

Body of Proof I imagine is Tuesdays at 10pm. Not sure where Love/Hate will go. I'm surprised its back as it didn't rate well last time
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC need to get rid of Ola Jordan. They got rid of James Jordan after he made some bad comments about SCD - I'd predicted months ago the Beeb would get rid of him due to his bad behaviour. I expect following Ola's comments, she will be axed after this series.
    She can't be axed as the pros are given new contracts that only cover each series. She simply won't be offered a contract on the show next year.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving the whole XF v SCD ratings war press talk. The BBC are pretending to the press that they never had a clue that Coro would air on Sundays, but it's working - people have fallen for it! There is a public perception now that Itv instigated the XF v SCD clash, even though secretly we know that's not necessarily the case.
    We do?

You seem to be party to internal BBC documents that the rest of us have not seen.

As for the BBC pretending that they did not have a clue (when it wasn't even flagged in ITV's plans as circulated to the BBC) .... care to back that up?

Yes, they might have had their suspicions, they might have taken a guess, but seeing as the two broadcasters were supposed to be being honest & open about their scheduling plans, the BBC should not have to be devising their schedule based upon hunches & supposition (because that's whet the plan-sharing was all about ..... wasn't it?)
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diana Beard and Iain Watters will face each other again in the GBBO final which has already been recorded - The Sun
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    Diana Beard and Iain Watters will face each other again in the GBBO final which has already been recorded - The Sun

Another Sun exclusive which everybody knew about.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pointless: 3.20m (25.0%)
    BBC News at Six: 4.35m (27.6%)
    BBC Regional News: 4.88m (29.7%)
    The One Show: 3.33m (18.8%)
    A Question of Sport: 2.48m (13.1%)
    EastEnders: 5.83m (29.0%)
    Scrappers: 2.45m (11.7%)
    Boomers: 3.01m (14.4%)
    Big School: 2.85m (14.2%)
    BBC News at Ten: 3.58m (19.8%)
    BBC Regional News: 3.25m (19.9%)
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    Another Sun exclusive which everybody knew about.

I didn't know about it but then not even this weeks fake row is tempting me to watch it.
This discussion has been closed.