Posters in your room

Comments

• Dennis CDennis C Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worry not I think I can even beat that - Marc Bolan - a pull out from Jackie Magazine! :p

Marc Bolan is THE MAN!!! yes he is!

I don't have any posters of him but around fifty different CDs of him and T Rex, the official albums he released in his lifetime, and posthumously released material that has come out since 1977. Great loss...

Anyway back on topic - I have a simply HUGE Britney Spears poster on my bedroom wall, an exclusive poster for her scent, 'Curious', a souvenir from the fragrance counter of the Boots The Chemists that I used to work at...
  • methodyguymethodyguy Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    Talking about Jackie and Smash Hits they were really good. There was also a magazine that had all the lyrics of songs that were in the charts in it can't rem the name of it now tho. Was it wrong for me to like girls comics more than boys lol, :o:D:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,433
    Forum Member
    I have a big Paramore one, greenday and i have a Pon and Zi one, and a El Barto one and a Spongebob one with Gary on it. :D

I love Paramore. I can't find a big paramore one anywhere, though I'd love one. All of my posters/pictures have been printed from the internet:(
  • pixxyypixxyy Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't there a magazine called Now in the mid 90s, It had 3 sections, the mag/puzzle bit/giant poster?

If so they did a giant Take That poster collage style that I had up when I was young. Then I had Spice Girls/N Sync/Blue/Michael Owen/David Beckham/Grease/Pearl Harbour/Titanic etc

Not got any up atm as changing all my pictures.
    Forum Member
    pixxyy wrote: »
    Wasn't there a magazine called Now in the mid 90s, It had 3 sections, the mag/puzzle bit/giant poster?

If so they did a giant Take That poster collage style that I had up when I was young. Then I had Spice Girls/N Sync/Blue/Michael Owen/David Beckham/Grease/Pearl Harbour/Titanic etc

Not got any up atm as changing all my pictures.

Yes I remember Now magazine. I rem flicking through it in the shop. :o
  • allie5allie5 Posts: 4,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone remember Look-In magazine? That used to do a lot of TV posters?
  • pixxyypixxyy Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember Look In, and Fast Foward that was always advertised before Neighours, Plus Big?
  • Dennis CDennis C Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    methodyguy wrote: »
    Talking about Jackie and Smash Hits they were really good. There was also a magazine that had all the lyrics of songs that were in the charts in it can't rem the name of it now tho. Was it wrong for me to like girls comics more than boys lol, :o:D:eek:

Disco 45 I think...

Not Fab 208 or Popswop they were different magazines..
    Forum Member
    Dennis C wrote: »
    Disco 45 I think...

Not Fab 208 or Popswop they were different magazines..

I think you are right it was Disco45 I loved that magazine and I also remember look-in magazine I used to get it every week lol.
  • crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    I remember when everyone used to buy posters from that big store - the one with a big muscly bloke holding a baby, or James Dean walking in the rain. I had one which said 'a hard man is good to find'!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when everyone used to buy posters from that big store - the one with a big muscly bloke holding a baby, or James Dean walking in the rain. I had one which said 'a hard man is good to find'!!!

Athena!! Fab shop!
    Forum Member

Lol I remember the shop u mean. I bought a James Dean one from it and a Marilyn Monroe poster as well.
    Forum Member
    Authentic 70s and early 80s comic / poster / paper memorabilia is worth money and worth hanging on to. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for most things late 80s, 90s, onwards as it is far too mass produced to be worth anything.
    Forum Member
    Lol I remember the shop u mean. I bought a James Dean one from it and a Marilyn Monroe poster as well.

Athena! Thank the lord someone named it cos I am too senile to remember.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,433
    Forum Member
    just added more pictures to my collages :) They're getting big now :)
    Forum Member
    Athena! Thank the lord someone named it cos I am too senile to remember.....

Lol too much Grolsch. :D:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to have Take That and Boyzone! and I remember having a gizmo from the gremlins one, for some reason, ahem..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 480
    Forum Member
    Mines is full of Keane posters. That's Keane the music group not the footballer lol.
  • QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had posters of A-Ha all over my bedroom walls, ceiling and door from 86-88.
  • ScoundreldaysScoundreldays Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had posters of A-Ha all over my bedroom walls, ceiling and door from 86-88.

Me too:D
    Now I'm older I still have a-ha pictures on my wall but this time they're framed & tend to be of photos taken at concerts.
    I live alone so I've noone to upset with a-ha still taking priority on my walls.;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    I had Madonna, Michael Jackson, Bros, Brian Harvey (East 17), Neneh Cherry, Rick Astley and a big Tiffany one!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have two Paramore's, two King Of Leon's, Tim Minchin's 09 Tour, Heath Ledger as The Joker in The Dark Knight, Taylor Lautner, Robert Pattinson, Johnny Depp as Cap'n Jack Sparrow in Pirates Of The Carribean, Michael Jackson from the 'Bad' era and This Is It movie poster, New York bridge, Lady Gaga Fame, and Kurt Cobain. As well as an A3 collage of autographs and photos of myself and celebrities I have met. :D

Just one or two then. :p
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you are right it was Disco45 I loved that magazine and I also remember look-in magazine I used to get it every week lol.

Does anyone remember the free floppy 45's we used to get with Disco45 and other magazines at the time?They usually had an interview with the popstar and a preview of their next single.:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooooh I remember more - Madness, The Specials, Adam Ant, them new romantic ones can't remember name of... all frilly shirts and gelled hair.....

Cripes, better get back to me drinking.

I had Adam Ant, Blondie, Madness, Duran Duran, Culture Club, Wham, Kim Wilde. I loved the 80s, you just don't get em like that anymore.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone remember the free floppy 45's we used to get with Disco45 and other magazines at the time?They usually had an interview with the popstar and a preview of their next single.:confused:

Yes! They were always day glo coloured werent they?

Just remembered who else I had on my wall - The Pet Shop Boys - I loved them! Although that was never going to go anywhere was it :D .