Options

The People of Egypt are revolting

NeladNelad Posts: 1,178
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I mean, have you seen the state of Hosni Mubarak? He must go through gallons of Grecian 2000 to have hair like that at his age.

Comments

• Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To bring it back to BROADCASTING Egypt state tv ran 1950's black & white films last night.
  • Options
    NeladNelad Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    To bring it back to BROADCASTING Egypt state tv ran 1950's black & white films last night.

To be fair, it does sound like a more entertaining schedule than itv1.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Nelad wrote: »
    To be fair, it does sound like a more entertaining schedule than itv1.

Any TV schedule has to be more entertaining than ITV1!
  • Options
    Bandspread199Bandspread199 Posts: 4,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey ho..another troll thread.....I thought Scott concentrated on Radio :rolleyes:2
  • Options
    jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the broadcasting side of this.....

Al Jazeera have really shown up the BBC, Sky and CNN with their coverage of this. So far they've been more accurate, a lot faster and better informed than their western counterparts. I know they have a bit of an advantage but the difference is quality has been huge.
  • Options
    bobmeadesbobmeades Posts: 1,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jim_uk wrote: »

Al Jazeera have really shown up the BBC, Sky and CNN with their coverage of this. So far they've been more accurate, a lot faster and better informed than their western counterparts. I know they have a bit of an advantage but the difference is quality has been huge.

Very True, did you have a look 1 channel up, at the Iranian "Press TV"- it looked very muddy
  • Options
    goggledgoggled Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't the thread title racist and indiscriminate?:eek: Some may not have habits that the OP objects to, but not all:D
  • Options
    firestarter.ukfirestarter.uk Posts: 180
    Forum Member

A guy on the radio said he was only watching BBC World & wasn't aware there was trouble in the part of Egypt he was staying at!

Also relieved that AJE censored the pictures they took in the morgues for us western audiences,
  • Options
    mfrmfr Posts: 5,625
    Forum Member

I agree. AJE's coverage has been superb - not only fast but with good analysis.
  • Options
    jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A guy on the radio said he was only watching BBC World & wasn't aware there was trouble in the part of Egypt he was staying at!

Also relieved that AJE censored the pictures they took in the morgues for us western audiences,

The others have been very slow, tweets from Skys and the BBCs breaking news accounts have been coming up sometimes 30 mins behind AJ. I've pointed my dish in the general direction of a few other stations (Al Arabiya and others) and they appear to be well ahead too, can't be sure on the accuracy as I can't understand a word they're saying or read any text on the screen.

The first time Al Jazeera covered the morgue it wasn't censored and I nearly lost the contents of my stomach. :(
    bobmeades wrote: »
    Very True, did you have a look 1 channel up, at the Iranian "Press TV"- it looked very muddy

Good lord no, I wouldn't want to risk seeing Ken Livingstones mug.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This has been their show. Amazing grass-roots connections and presence.

I've been glued to these developments, and it's quite clear to me that Beeb, Sky, CNN, AP etc are mainly relying on Al Jazeera and Tweets (often AJ RT) for most of their updates.

Egyptian internal security closed down most of AJ's broadcasting in Cairo today, and they knew what they were doing. In future, when people want to know what's up in the ME, it's going to be Al Jazeera all the way. Perhaps not in the US, where most people are still listening to Fox News gabbling about the Muslim Brotherhood taking over, but Murdoch, Turner et al can't be pleased at how elsewhere AJ and Twitter have divvied up the coverage between them.

An Arab broadcaster disseminating Arab news, whatever next? I'm agog to see what's suddenly going to happen to take AJ down a peg or two after this.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Good lord no, I wouldn't want to risk seeing Ken Livingstones mug.

Except on a dartboard :D