Options

What was the first episode of The Apprentice you saw?

george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
Forum Member
Hi

I was just wondering how you guys got into The Apprentice? What was your first episode? How did you come across it? What made you get properly into it?

My first episode was Series 5, Episode 7 (the one with the two-handed dog lead, when Philip got fired). I was having a very long phone conversation with one of my friends - he's one of those people who you can talk to for ages about whatever comes into your head, and it's not uncommon for us to talk for well over an hour. Anyway, we were talking for a long time, and then he said that he had to go because he wanted to watch The Apprentice, and he said I should check it out because it's quite good, so I did... I went on iPlayer and watched all the Series 5 episodes up to that one as well, but I kind of stopped watching it after a while... I didn't watch further than that episode.

I got properly into it the following year with Junior Apprentice. It was easier to follow because it was a shorter series. I just thought 'This is brilliant!' and that was when I started going back and watching the old series. It just went from there really...

Comments

• Options
    hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    I first saw Series 8 Episode 2.

My parents have always watched it, (but not as obsessively as I now do :D), and one night I decided to tune in with them, and I loved it instantly.

I went back and watched Week One, and while Series 8 was airing,I went back and watched all the previous episodes from each series.

I also remember seeing Series 6 Week 4 (Selling to Trade) and Series 7 Week 5 (Pet Food), but neither got me hooked - I wish they had :rolleyes:
  • Options
    TXF0429TXF0429 Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Series 2, Episode 8. I remembered the episode the moment I rewatched it. As a result, that episode really is one of my personal favourites. The two PMs are the two big characters as well, so I thought it was a good episode to sum up the series.

I only started fully watching from Series 6, although I went back and saw them all again afterwards. In the past, I remember vaguely tuning in to Series 3, Episode 4; Series 3, Episode 8; Series 5, Episode 1 and Series 5, Episode 11 as well before watching Series 6 from the start.

I never remembered anything about Series 4, until I saw it the first time. :o
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The very first episode when it was on bbc2, which involved flower selling. It was a much better show in its early days, IMHO.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I vaguely remember watching some of series three - but not from the start (maybe from episode seven on as that one rung a bell when I rewatched the series). I don't think I watched solidly again until series seven. I then gradually watched the earlier series online mainly after series eight in some sort of marathon watching session.

I probably started watching due to the competitive 'reality' tv format for escapism/entertainment or whatever, but who knows for sure? Sometimes I'll just notice something in the background and like it.
  • Options
    djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first episode I watched was Series 2 Episode 11, the interview round with Paul Tulip saying that if Sir Alan didn't hire him many other people would

Didn't properly get into it until Series 5 Episode 4, which was one of the best episodes ever with the cedarwood/ sandalwood gaffe, which I watched because I was visiting my brother
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2009 - series 5, episode 1.

Boring afternoon, picked it from iPlayer on a whim, (I can't even remember why - maybe a series of Dragon's Den had just finished?) never missed an episode since.
  • Options
    CamisCamis Posts: 13,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First one I watched was the first episode of the first series of the US Apprentice - flicked onto it by accident (seem to remember it was on BBC2 in n early evening slot) and got hooked. Watched all the UK series except the Junior ones, plus a few of the US ones (when they used to be shown in a reasonable time slot).
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Series 1, Episode 2.

Was very disappointed to see Lindsay fired :p
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Episode 1 of The Apprentice USA. Have since watched every series of that (excluding the celebrity ones, but including The Apprentice : Martha Stewart) and the UK one as they happened.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    The first episode I saw was the final of series 2. I've watched every single episode since.
  • Options
    TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't remember the very first episode I saw, but I'm pretty sure it was in series 1. I think I've watched at least one episode in every series (I remember seeing most of the finals).

I only really got into it when series 7 started, when I was in my first year of uni. TV was rubbish on a Wednesday night and so I watched it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Series 7 episode 1, they were on episode 3 or 4 at the time I think but I used iplayer to catch up. It was one of my housemates at the time who got me into it.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I first saw bits and pieces via Harry Hill's TV Burp. :o

I also saw the ending of one episode of Series 4, the week Sara was rounded on at the house. It really pissed me off, despite the fact that I'd seen nothing else from the series at all. After getting some context ... it continued to piss me off! :D

I continued to see bits here and there before finally watching properly starting with Series 6 (as it aired), and I've loved it ever since. :)
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't start watching properly until Series 4. Prior to that, I'd seen the odd episode of the second and third series. I'm not sure that I watched Series 4 right from the beginning though. People were talking about the show at lot at college so I wanted to join in!

Prior to that, I wasn't particularly interested in the show. At the risk of making myself sound very odd, I'd walk in to find family member watching it and, due to my sensitive hearing, be put off by the music that plays when the candidates are waiting in reception! It's something about the pitch. Thankfully, i seem to have got over it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    I'd walk in to find family member watching it and, due to my sensitive hearing, be put off by the music that plays when the candidates are waiting in reception! It's something about the pitch. Thankfully, i seem to have got over it!
    Do they still play that music? I don't feel like I've heard it in a very, very long time.
  • Options
    skippy upwoodskippy upwood Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Been watching it since the start.

Indeed, I even watched the original inspiration for The Apprentice (apparently Cauldwell was one of those approached for the original US series)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/1884056.stm
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first one I saw was actually a fantastic place to start - Season 2 Episode 4, the whole pizza/chicken fiasco!

Since then, I have watched Series 1 and the earlier Season 2 episodes online though!
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    From when it started.
    I was a casual viewer through series 1 and 2, watching the odd episode if I managed to catch it on TV.
    But then I became more of a fan for series 3 onwards and made sure I never missed an episode.
  • Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it was the second episode of Series 3 (the double firing of Rory and someone else?) I was quite young at that point but one of my friends was a massive addict and always talked about it, so I decided to try it out and was completely hooked by that series - and have loved it ever since :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    (the double firing of Rory and someone else?)

Ifti. That's a memorable episode for a number of reasons. Firstly, it's the first ever double firing on an ordinary task. Secondly because of the 'I am your boss!' 'You're nothing to me...' exchange between Rory and Tre. And thirdly, for reasons that don't come into play until later, because that's the first episode where Katie is really noticeable... only she's noticeable for a totally different reason to why she is noticeable later.
  • Options
    jtnorthjtnorth Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    I watched it all from series one. Found it fascinating right from the beginning - it may sound weird but I loved watching people sell things face to face to people (perhaps because I know I couldn't do it myself). I thought it was a serious business programme then. I've never watched Young Apprentice though. No offence to people who love it but I don't like seeing children on reality TV - I just worry for them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jtnorth wrote: »
    I've never watched Young Apprentice though. No offence to people who love it but I don't like seeing children on reality TV - I just worry for them.

No offence taken, but you should honestly check it out. It's nothing like you'd expect. It's not a Beat The Boss-esque thing on CBBC; the candidates are sixteen and seventeen, and generally on the mature side. Many of them are more mature than those on the adult show.
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ifti. That's a memorable episode for a number of reasons. Firstly, it's the first ever double firing on an ordinary task. Secondly because of the 'I am your boss!' 'You're nothing to me...' exchange between Rory and Tre. And thirdly, for reasons that don't come into play until later, because that's the first episode where Katie is really noticeable... only she's noticeable for a totally different reason to why she is noticeable later.

Ha, I remember thinking that Katie was awesome after that episode and would go onto be a top contender for the prize.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    Ha, I remember thinking that Katie was awesome after that episode and would go onto be a top contender for the prize.

She was, a very strong contender. She was just there for the kudos, but all personalities aside, she was undoubtedly one of the strongest performers that series, especially when she was Project Manager.
  • Options
    lankyguy007lankyguy007 Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    Series 2 episode 9 - they had to rent out property. I remember Ruth selling five, Syed selling only one (and bringing the wrong keys to one of the properties) and Tuan doing pretty much nothing.