Criminal Justice - BBC1, Monday

grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
Forum Member
This sounds really good, anyone going to watch it? :) Its shown in 5 parts from Monday to Friday.

A young guy, Ben, picks up a girl and goes back to her place. Then the next morning he wakes up to find her body next to him and blood everywhere. Only thing is, Ben doesnt remember anything that happened and he is arrested for a murder not even he is sure he committed (and nor are we).

Sounds a bit like Memento, could be very interesting.

Comments

• Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    It's had an excellent review on ITV's Teletext. A great cast by all accounts as well.

I'm really looking forward to it. I also think it could be very interesting especially given the current climate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i really can't wait for this...i've seen bits of it...

it's not normally my kind of thing, but i'm hopelessly addicted...!
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone with HD be warned - as no listings mags for next week bother to tell you this.

The series is made in HD.

BBC HD are showing it but not until after Wimbledon.

But if you wait a week and are happy to watch at the rate of an episode a week instead of all five in one go then it starts a week later on BBC HD..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought I'd bump this up since it starts tonight.

Looks really good, and it's a good decision to strip it over the week. But if the tennis keeps going the way it's going and some people miss the start, then the figures for the week could be abit average.

Word of warning to those of us north of the border. Tuesday's episodes is being shunted to 10:35pm to make room for River Sh***y in the schedule. But you'll be able to catch it on one of the English BBC1s if you've got Sky.
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,056
    Forum Member
    The radio Times promo makes it sound very good - http://www.radiotimes.com/ListingsServlet?event=10&channelId=92&programmeId=80473473&jspLocation=/jsp/prog_details_fullpage.jsp

As does the Telegraph - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2008/06/30/nosplit/bvtv30.xml

I'll certainly give the show a chance as most British tv drama is pretty risible these days, so hopefully this will be an exception.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to this just as soon as Murray wins:D
  • SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    Can I put in my "Obligatory nudity in British drama" bet now?

Further to my proven theory that every British drama must have a naked male arse in it - I predict their will be man-arse during the obligatory sex scene and several naked men during the obligatory prison shower scene.

And, as post-watershed BBC is like a kid with a new toy, expect some token breasts in there too.

I am not watching. So let me know!

**note this is not a statement about nudity on TV. Simply about how formulaic and gratuitous these dramas invariably are**
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    Saigo wrote: »
    Can I put in my "Obligatory nudity in British drama" bet now?

Further to my proven theory that every British drama must have a naked male arse in it - I predict their will be man-arse during the obligatory sex scene and several naked men during the obligatory prison shower scene.

And, as post-watershed BBC is like a kid with a new toy, expect some token breasts in there too.

I am not watching. So let me know!

**note this is not a statement about nudity on TV. Simply about how formulaic and gratuitous these dramas invariably are**

You seem markedly more concerned about male nudity than female. Is there some reason for this?
  • SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    EvilRedEye wrote: »
    You seem markedly more concerned about male nudity than female. Is there some reason for this?

There is hardly any female nudity these days. Its all men. Despite what feminists argue to the contrary!

Its got to the point where my missus sees other men naked more than she does me!

Just a little theory thats all ;)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooh so what has happened... did he kill her...

Tryig to cover it up now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    This has a Hollyoaks-eqsue feel to it. Everyone in the criminal justice system is all nasty and has a 'guilty-til-proven-innocent' attitude. I don't have first hand experience of what goes on in this area but I struggle to believe that is is entirely accurate.
  • nathan2226nathan2226 Posts: 3,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJ is already up on iPlayer to watch because of the tennis :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,741
    Forum Member
    I am really gripped by this.
  • weedledeedleweedledeedle Posts: 8,669
    Forum Member
    aaaaarrrggghhh schedule changed!!!

only got half the programme!!

merde!!

*clicks on iPlayer :mad: *
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PDJames wrote: »
    I am really gripped by this.
    It is very compelling agreed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aaaaarrrggghhh schedule changed!!!

only got half the programme!!

merde!!

*clicks on iPlayer :mad: *

indeed i have no problem moving programs for sport
    unless they swap channels for no reason
    and for a silly scot too (thats what bbc scotland is for)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aw the bitch police woman was quite nice then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is very good, it has certainly earned my attention for a second night at least.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Charged.

I wonder what actually happened, it's gripping stuff really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,653
    Forum Member
    Want to know what happened. Will be watching tomorrow.
    Forum Member
    This is fantastic television.
  • JohnrJohnr Posts: 3,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has to be something to do with the ice cream vendor! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy crap, that was flipping harrowing. Gripped and cannot wait for tomorrow.
    Forum Member
    I have no idea what way this programme will go. I will definitely be watching for the rest of the week. I am not normally a fan of crime programmes but, like Damages, I am hooked.
  • crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems good. Liked his solicitor! Bet he'll be innocent.