Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely.

Comments

• Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    People saying "really" in every sentence.

They all seem to work on TV. No, really.
  • Options
    Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conversations that go something like this.

Person in pub in Wales: Are you going to see the Stereophonics in Cardiff?

Me: No, I don't like them.

PIPIW: You don't like them? But...but they're Welsh!

Apparently because I was born in the same country as a band I am duty bound to love them.

Curiously this rule doesn't apply when I ask those same people if they are coming to see one of the countless Welsh bands that I do like.

However, the rule is back in full effect when someone puts The Automatic on the jukebox and I try to rip my ears off.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Conversations that go something like this.

Person in pub in Wales: Are you going to see the Stereophonics in Cardiff?

Me: No, I don't like them.

PIPIW: You don't like them? But...but they're Welsh!

Apparently because I was born in the same country as a band I am duty bound to love them.

Curiously this rule doesn't apply when I ask those same people if they are coming to see one of the countless Welsh bands that I do like.

However, the rule is back in full effect when someone puts The Automatic on the jukebox and I try to rip my ears off.

Being Scottish I get that too but it's usually some elderly relative being offended because I don't like some phoney in a kilt singing about grannie's wee cottage in the highlands and purple heather etc.
  • Options
    Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being Scottish I get that too but it's usually some elderly relative being offended because I don't like some phoney in a kilt singing about grannie's wee cottage in the highlands and purple heather etc.

That's almost as bad as being castigated for not worshiping Tom Jones, Shirley Bassey and Max Boyce.
  • Options
    Hildas HairnetHildas Hairnet Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy2 wrote: »
    People who type 'discusting' instead of disgusting.

Thick people's spelling in general irritates me :mad:
  • Options
    Hildas HairnetHildas Hairnet Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sex wrote: »
    When the OP writes a log post then the first poster quotes the whole things... It shouldn't buy it pisses me off:(

Yes, me too ! I can never understand that :confused:
  • Options
    alycidonalycidon Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The mis-use of the word 'colleague'. 'This is a *colleague* announcement'. Or the door which used to be marked 'Staff' is now labelled 'colleagues'. I'm sure it's wrong.

And has anybody noticed that shop assistants are now 'colleagues' - several large stores in my area refer to them as such. Pretentious, or what?
  • Options
    zsb37105qtyzzsb37105qtyz Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People ignoring you on DS threads. Happened to me yesterday
    Being offered cake without a spoon. I eat cake with a spoon it is easier
    Homework
  • Options
    clsyorkshireclsyorkshire Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of my friends who, went we are out together, spend the whole time talking about themselves and their lives. I always think that it's more polite to wait to be asked.

I need some different friends who are less self-centered.
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alycidon wrote: »
    And has anybody noticed that shop assistants are now 'colleagues' - several large stores in my area refer to them as such. Pretentious, or what?

Yes, I think it's all part of the 'job title inflation' thing that goes on. Dustbin men are now 'refuse operatives' (or something like that) and some jobs at our local council offices are beyond understanding.:confused:

Actually it's the mis-application of the word colleague that gets my goat. If you and I worked together we'd be colleagues and we could refer to each other as 'my colleague'.
    But neither of us is 'a colleague' on our own, and I'm certain that you can't have a 'colleague announcement' over the PA.
    It's no good, I'll have to lie down for a while.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    People who say nom nom! And the word peeps ! Grrrr
  • Options
    cinnamon girlcinnamon girl Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flufan wrote: »
    In a similar vein, people who say "I wished I hadn't done that". That past tense always grates. "What, at first you wished you hadn't done it but now you see the positive benefits?"

I bet if you said that to them, you'd get a blank look in return. :)

People eating smelly food during the morning commute annoy me - I can't even stomach the smell of crisps or sandwiches or pasties etc first thing in the morning; how people can actually tuck into them on a bus or train at that time is beyond me. :(
  • Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pubs that refer to the kid in the kitchen as 'the chef's when all they are is a microwave operator because they take prepackaged crap from a freezer and heat it up.

People that say, 'I lent it from them and 'I borrowed it to him.'

People with private numberplates who because of which gives them a false sense of importance.

People who feel they need to comment on the length of your hair or stubble and those who comment about you being on your phone all the time in a public place when they aren't even in your company. Why can't they just mind their own business.
  • Options
    PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member

In Ireland we call those kind of songs Comawlyees
    as in
    " Ah Come all ye men and fight the foe !!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In Ireland we call those kind of songs Comawlyees
    as in
    " Ah Come all ye men and fight the foe !!

Billy Connolly on Scottish singers (needless to say it's NSFW :) ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjukQapSD0k
  • Options
    Scotty2012Scotty2012 Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Savvy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, I think it's all part of the 'job title inflation' thing that goes on. Dustbin men are now 'refuse operatives' (or something like that) and some jobs at our local council offices are beyond understanding.:confused:

I knew someone who worked as a window cleaner and would refer to himself as a "Transparent Wall Visual Integrity Engineer" :D
  • Options
    alycidonalycidon Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Wizard wrote: »
    People with private numberplates who because of which gives them a false sense of importance.

Oh, I'm really sorry that you think that, Wizard. I've got one, but I certainly don't think that I'm any more important than the next man.

But I can see why you might think that. :(
  • Options
    imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    There are so many things, but I don't view them as trivial. Flies buzzing around my head and those strands of spiders web that you can't see, but you walk into and spend the next five minutes trying to pull it off.
  • Options
    Watcher #1Watcher #1 Posts: 9,045
    Forum Member
    People eating chocolate bars in stages. So, someone gets a Twix (for example) nibbles the chocolate off the outside, then eats the caramel, then the biscuit.

It's just gross - just take a bite of the whole thing you freak
  • Options
    BlackmantaBlackmanta Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    Watcher #1 wrote: »
    People eating chocolate bars in stages. So, someone gets a Twix (for example) nibbles the chocolate off the outside, then eats the caramel, then the biscuit.

I do that :o

Kit Kats and Mars Bars are best :D
  • Options
    imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    Watcher #1 wrote: »

Blackmanta wrote: »

How disgusting. Mats bars and twix? I only do it with kit kat.
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When the word "learn" is used instead of "taught/teach". For example, ' in my new job, they will learn me what to do'. Aaaarrghhhh!!!
  • Options
    Watcher #1Watcher #1 Posts: 9,045
    Forum Member
    Blackmanta wrote: »

imrightok wrote: »
    How disgusting. Mats bars and twix? I only do it with kit kat.

STOP IT YOU FREAKS!!! :D
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed. And when people are making sandwiches, I get all wound up when they don't butter the bread right to the edge.

Also when people are putting their shopping on the conveyer and they put their bottles *across* the belt so they roll backwards and forwards whenever it moves. I always want to ask them why they don't put them lengthways.

BIB Oops, I'm guilty of that. When I do hubby's sarnies, I have to be extra vigilant in making sure the marg goes right to the edge!
This discussion has been closed.